Work Injury Treatment in Medina, MN
Work injury treatment in Medina, MN. Did you suffer an injury at work? Are you suffering from chronic pain or other symptoms? Do you need to recover but are worried about surgery or prescription drugs? Total Spine is here to help.
Beyond the physical pain a work injury comes with, it also impacts your ability to provide for your Medina, MN loved ones. Chiropractic care has proven to be an effective work injury treatment for employers who are suffering a variety of injuries throughout their musculoskeletal system, not just injuries involving the back and neck. At Total Spine Health & Injury Center, we focus on your overall health so that you can both get back to work and stay there. For safe and effective work injury treatment in Medina, MN, call Total Spine today at (763) 568-7869 or request an appointment.
Common Work Injuries That Medina, MN Chiropractic Care Can Treat
Typically, there are four types of work injuries that chiropractors treat:
- Overuse injuries — These occur from carrying out the same movements for long periods of time, day in and day out. These can include anything from carpal tunnel from working on a computer all day, non-specific back pain from being in the same position all day, or a frozen shoulder from lifting or other, heavier work.
- Overexertion — Jobs that are harder on our bodies, like construction or mining, can cause someone to overexert themselves and become injured, especially if they're not properly trained or protected. Overexertion injuries are are responsible for the second most missed days from work, and common examples include disc injuries and injuries to muscles, tendons, and ligaments.
- Falling injuries — Falls, slips, and trips are the third most common work injury. Common injuries resulting from falls are ligament injuries, broken bones, spinal injuries, and nerve damage.
- Injuries caused by falling objects — The risk of being hit by a falling object is also higher in jobs like construction. Common injuries include lesions, fractures, strains, sprains, and traumatic brain injuries.
Experienced chiropractors are capable of treating work injuries beyond just the back and spine, but throughout the body. If a brain injury leads you to have chronic migraines, chiropractic care can also offer significant headache relief.
Work injuries we frequently treat in Medina, MN include:
- Spinal issues
- Carpal tunnel
- Disc injuries
- Pinched nerves
- Back pain
- Neck pain
- Whiplash injuries
- Shoulder pain
- Extremity injuries
- Myofascial pain
How Do Chiropractors Treat Work Injuries in Medina, MN?
Your work injury treatment from your Medina, MN chiropractor will depend on the nature of your injury, realities of your job and lifestyle, your medical history. We'll discuss what caused your injury, or if you don't know what's causing your symptoms, work with you to discover what's causing them. After a discussion, we'll do a physical examination, and conduct what imaging tests or motion study analysis we think would be beneficial. Then, we'll determine how to best get you back to work. Chiropractic treatment for workplace injuries typically includes chiropractic adjustments, also called spinal manipulation, and massage therapy.
Chiropractic alignments are carried out by a variety of chiropractic techniques that involve quick and targeted thrusts to particular areas. A common mischaracterization is that chiropractors "push joints back in place." Work injuries interrupt how vertebrae and joints function properly, and these thrusts release tensions interfering with how the body works. In doing so, we help workers achieve optimal range of motion and help your body function in concert, and pain is relieved through relieving the stress a misalignment places on the nervous system.
Massage therapy helps by smoothing out tight muscles and breaking down the scar tissue covering the site of an injury. Used to treat injuries for over 5,000 years, massage therapy is proven to relieve anxiety, improve blood flow, and offer countless other benefits.
At Total Spine, we believe in taking a holistic view to our patients' health. We'll offer exercise, nutrition, and other advice to help your work injury treatment in Medina, MN go as smoothly as it can and improve your health in the future.
Benefits of Chiropractic Care for Work Injury Treatment in Medina, MN
Chiropractors offer innumerable benefits that are not only effective for work injury treatment, but improve how you feel and function every day. With our services in Medina, MN, you'll enjoy:
- Feeling better every day — Beyond just dealing with acute injuries that arise, chiropractic care can help range of motion, lower blood pressure, and give you more energy and even increase brain function.
- Patient education — We'll teach you about symptoms and how our bodies work in order to reduce your risk of re-injury and feel better at work than you did before your injuries. We'll teach you about tips for lifting and other ways to stay safe on the job. Correct posture is essential for injury prevention.
- Chiropractic for arms, legs, hands, and feet — While chiropractors are associated with the back and spine, an experienced chiropractor will also know how to treat your arms, legs, hands, and feet. Chiropractors have a thorough knowledge of the musculoskeletal system, and the principles that apply to the joints, soft tissue, and nerves in your back are true for the rest of your body as well.
- Chiropractic maintenance — "Maintenance" is also known as "preventive" care. Maintenance comes after the acute issue, and ensures that you preserve the benefits attained in your acute case, and helps relieve any stress your line of work may continue to put on your musculoskeletal system. A lot of our Medina, MN work injury patients end up coming in for regular visits after they recover once they discover the benefits of chiropractic care.
Is Chiropractic Care a Better Work Injury Treatment Plan Than Other Options?
Based on a study in the Journal of Manipulative and Physiological Therapeutics, employees missed less time away from work under chiropractic care than medical or osteopathic treatment. According to the American Chiropractic Association, people with back injuries who first seek out a medical doctor have a 42.7% likelihood of surgery, compared to 1.5% for people who first see a chiropractor. Chiropractic care also decreases the need of opioids and prescription drugs.
Chiropractic can't heal every single injury. If you break a bone, for example, a chiropractor can't fuse it back together, and you'll need physical therapy to build up the strength of weakened muscles. But for the majority of work injuries and symptoms, chiropractic care works because it tackles the underlying issue instead of merely ameliorating symptoms.
Paying For Work Injury Treatment in Medina, MN
Because of Minnesota Law, employers are required to provide medical benefits to employees after a work injury and chiropractic visits are included in workers' compensation. They also need to pay for travel expenses (gas miles, taxis, public transportation, etc...), costs of obtaining medical records, and other out-of-pocket expenses.
Usually, workers in Minnesota have wide leeway in choosing which healthcare provider they want to see. To learn why you should choose our team for your work injury treatment in Medina, MN, check out our 5-Star rating on Google, our patient testimonials, or read more on how to find the best chiropractors in Minnesota.
Other conditions and injuries we treat in Medina, MN include:
- Herniated Disc Treatment
- Family Chiropractic
- Massage Therapy
- Headache Relief
- Auto Accident Chiropractors Near Me
- Chiropractic Adjustment
- Whiplash Treatment
- Migraine Treatment
Trust in Total Spine For Your Work Injury Treatment in Medina, MN
Our objectives are simple: provide quick pain relief, improve your total wellness, and help our Medina, MN communities discover the wonderful benefits of chiropractic care. Call Total Spine today at (763) 568-7869 or tell us how we can help you online for your work injury treatment in Medina, MN.