Whiplash Treatment in Medina, MN
Whiplash Treatment Medina, MN. While estimates vary, we know that whiplash injuries happen to at least one million people every year in the United States alone. Though the majority of whiplash injuries can heal with minimal medical care, without prompt, targeted whiplash treatment in the Medina, MN area, you may be at risk of developing serious chronic complications or long-term symptoms.
The Medina, MN whiplash treatment team at Total Spine Health and Injury Center has the clinical experience and theoretically understanding to offer care that treats your whiplash injury at its source rather than simply temporarily covering up your symptoms. Do not resign yourself to decades of pain, disability, and other significant problems by getting Medina, MN chiropractic whiplash treatment from our dedicated chiropractic team. Call us now at (763) 568-7869, contact us online, or book an appointment near Medina, MN today.
Who needs whiplash treatment in Medina, MN?
If you believe you have a whiplash injury and are experiencing symptoms, you may need Medina, MN whiplash treatment. The term whiplash describes a soft tissue injury to the neck caused by sudden hyperextension and hyperflexion (back and forth motion, like the motion of a whip) and is also referred to as a neck sprain or strain. Whiplash injuries vary in severity and duration. After a whiplash injury, you may experience as little as soreness for a handful of days or could suffer from chronic pain or serious complications. After sustaining a whiplash injury, it is critical to seek a medical evaluation to determine whether you need Medina, MN whiplash treatment.
If you are living with the symptoms of a whiplash injury such as pain and stiffness, seeing a chiropractor can be an excellent treatment option. Find out whether you require whiplash treatment by learning about whiplash causes and symptoms below.
The most common causes of whiplash injuries are:
- Auto accidents. Car accidents and other traffic accidents are the most common cause of whiplash injuries, and whiplash injuries are highly likely in certain types of auto accidents — namely rear-end collisions. 90% of injuries in rear-end accidents are whiplash and other neck injuries. The majority of whiplash car accidents take place during crashes that happen at speeds of 25 miles per hour or less, with whiplash injuries resulting from crashes at speeds as low as 5 to 10 miles per hour.
- Contact sports. Whiplash injuries are a risk in sports in which the body can start or stop traveling suddenly, including most contact sports (football, soccer, basketball, boxing, wrestling, etc.) and even other sports like diving. Fortunately, while whiplash is common in football players and other athletes exposed to high-force collisions between players, whiplash sports injuries are rarely serious or permanent.
- Physical assault. Sadly, some individuals require whiplash treatment in Medina, MN due to some type of physical abuse. Whiplash could be caused by shaking, punching, or pushing in an accident, altercation, or domestic abuse incident. In infants, whiplash from shaking, known as shaken baby syndrome, can cause devastating, often fatal conditions such as infantile subdural haematoma. Our Medina, MN chiropractors have cared for young children for whom chiropractic care is appropriate.
- Falls. Falls, such as falling from a height or being thrown from a horse, bicycle, or motorcycle, may also result in whiplash injuries.
This is not an exhaustive list of whiplash causes. In any event, if any kind of fall, impact, or other accident violently threw your head forward and backward, you might have suffered a whiplash injury. Learn more about whiplash symptoms and diagnosing methods to determine whether whiplash treatment like Medina, MN chiropractic care can benefit you.
If you have a whiplash injury, you may experience these symptoms:
- Soreness in the neck
- Neck pain that worsens with movement
- Loss of range of motion in the neck
- Tenderness or pain in the shoulders, upper back, and arms
- Arm or hand tingling or numbness
In addition to the common symptoms of whiplash listed above, you may experience additional symptoms such as blurred vision, memory and ability to concentrate, or tinnitus. If you experience symptoms like these, work with your Medina, MN chiropractor or another doctor to get the best possible care for your whiplash symptoms.
For some, whiplash symptoms are mild to moderate and resolve naturally with time. These patients should try home whiplash treatment methods like using heat and OTC medications. Call (763) 568-7869 to speak to a whiplash treatment chiropractor near Medina, MN if your symptoms take a turn for the worse after a period of improvement or persist beyond two weeks after your injury.
Sometimes, though, whiplash is more serious. If your symptoms are severe enough that they disrupt your ability to enjoy life, you should request an appointment from our Medina, MN whiplash treatment chiropractor today. It is also important to seek chiropractic or other whiplash treatment if you are living with long-term whiplash symptoms. Chronic disorders are inordinately prevalent among whiplash victims, with 90% of victims reporting symptoms one to two years after the date of injury and an unsettling 55% reporting symptoms an entire 17 years later. Your potential for recovering completely and preventing a lifetime of pain and debilitating symptoms is decided in part by whether you get quick, proven whiplash treatment in Medina, MN as soon as possible after sustaining your injury. Contact the Medina, MN whiplash treatment team at Total Spine Health and Injury Center for help addressing your whiplash right away.
Medina, MN Whiplash Treatment
You need a whiplash treatment plan in Medina, MN that is catered to your condition and your personal needs and goals. It is important that you find a whiplash treatment professional in Medina, MN whom you are comfortable with and who will take the time to develop a personalized treatment plan for you. Total Spine Health and Injury Center provides individuals in Medina, MN who have been injured with targeted, chiropractic care from reputable medical providers in a safe, private, clean facilitye. Request an appointment for Medina, MN whiplash treatment from one of the top area chiropractors right away.
Experts recommend chiropractic as a staple strategy to treat whiplash. Other target="_blank" rel="nofollow noreferrer noopener">whiplash treatment suggestions include ice and heat, anti-inflammatory or muscle relaxant drugs, steroids, and physical therapy. The difference between chiropractic and other strategies is that chiropractic care is distinct in that it treats the underlying cause of the whiplash injury rather than treating or masking the surface symptoms.
Total Spine Health and Injury Center serves individuals of all ages with a wide range of needs, goals, and conditions in the Medina, MN area. The Total Spine Medina, MN chiropractic and massage therapy team stays up to date on the latest accepted chiropractic practices and draws from years of specialized education and clinical experience to provide the best possible chiropractic care. Our treatment team has experience successfully treating many different conditions, including:
Chiropractic Care Techniques Used for Whiplash Treatment
- Spinal manipulation - Spinal manipulations will almost certainly be a part of your Medina, MN whiplash treatment plan. Using their hands to gently manipulate your joints, your doctor will to increase blood flow and range of motion while eliminating stiffness and pain.
- Soft-tissue manipulation - Along with spinal manipulations, your Medina, MN chiropractor may gently manipulate the affected soft tissue.
- Manual resistance/stretching - Muscle energy therapy and other joint therapies can be used to release tightness and soreness in the neck, back, and shoulder joints.
- Trigger point therapy - Your whiplash treatment chiropractor will identify tight points along the spine and other joints called subluxations, and applying pressure on these points can be effective in releasing these tension.
- Interferential electrical stimulation - This chiropractic treatment technique uses a device that sends low-frequency electrical current to the muscles to reduce inflammation, which can help in whiplash treatment.
- Ultrasound - Your Medina, MN whiplash treatment chiropractor might employ ultrasound technology, which has been shown to minimize muscle spasms, stiffness, and pain by encouraging healthy blood circulation.
- Massage therapy - Our chiropractors and certified massage therapist will administer therapeutic massage to the affected and surrounding areas of the body to loosen tension and offer pain relief.
You need an experienced and knowledgeable chiropractor on your whiplash treatment team near Medina, MN. Care for your future self by targeting your injury at the source with chiropractic whiplash treatment. your recovery today with Total Spine Health and Injury Center near Medina, MN. Schedule an appointment online right away.
Chiropractic Whiplash Treatment near Medina, MN: Total Spine Health and Injury Center
Get expert whiplash treatment from trusted Medina, MN area chiropractors after sustaining a whiplash injury in a car wreck, sports incident, or another type of accident. The doctors and massage therapists at Total Spine Health and Injury Center near Medina, MN will be personally invested in your whiplash treatment chiropractic care and will use their skills to address the underlying source of your symptoms. Learn more about our modern, clean chiropractic office in Maple Grove and what to expect from your first visit or contact our Medina, MN chiropractic office today to begin your whiplash injury recovery.