Migraine Treatment near Monticello, MN
Migraine Treatment near Monticello, MN. If you have had the displeasure of experiencing a migraine, you know how dire it is to access effective Monticello, MN migraine treatment. Migraines affect millions of people in the United States including Monticello, MN every year, many of whom experience a migraine so severe that it disrupts their ability to work and function. If you have migraines in Monticello, MN and have tried multiple treatment methods with little success, you are not alone. Seeing a chiropractor in Monticello, MN may be the intervention you need.
If you are sick of dealing with migraines, whether mildly annoying or the cause of several days of missed work, try migraine treatment at Total Spine Health and Injury Center in Maple Grove, MN. Our Monticello, MN chiropractic team provides private, individualized care in a clean and modern setting. Find out how the Total Spine migraine treatment team can help you by contacting us to speak to our team or booking your first appointment now.
Migraine Treatment Monticello, MN: About Migraines
A migraine is a neurological condition that is often characterized by severe headaches. But a migraine is more than just a bad headache (in fact, some migraines occur without a headache at all) and is accompanied by any number of a variety of other symptoms.
There is still a lot we do not know about migraines, which explains why there is no one widely accepted, effective migraine treatment recommended by the medical community. What we know about migraines is that they involve hormone and neurotransmitter activity, and the resulting narrowing of blood vessels in the brain can contribute to migraine pain.
Understanding the mechanisms and root cause behind your migraines is critical to accessing the right Monticello, MN migraine treatment. When you turn to our Monticello, MN chiropractors for migraine treatment, your Monticello, MN migraine treatment team will start by assessing your unique case, considering your symptoms and triggers.
Prevalence of Migraines
- One billion people in the world have migraines.
- One out of 5 women and one out of six Americans have suffered migraines within the last three months.
- Migraines and headaches are the fourth leading cause of emergency room visits.
- Migraines disproportionately affect unemployed adults, families living in poverty, and adults under the age of 44.
- About a third of people who get migraines (31.1%) have three or more migraines per month.
- 53.7% of individuals who live with migraines have such severe migraine symptoms that they are confined to bedrest or experience temporary disability.
- In the US, migraines cost $13 billion in lost labor and productivity every year
Migraine Treatment in Monticello, MN: Recognizing the Symptoms
There are a variety of different symptoms you might encounter when you have a migraine. Below we have listed a few common symptoms. If you have been diagnosed with migraines, have genetic family members with migraines, or have had any of the following symptoms, chiropractic migraine treatment in Monticello, MN may be right for you.
- Intrusive throbbing or dull aching pain either on one side or both sides of your head
- Pain that worsens with physical activity
- Nausea or vomiting
- Numbness or tingling
- Vision changes, including blurred vision or blind spots
- Difficulty speaking
- Feeling tired and/or confused
- Stuffy nose
- Cold sweats or hot flashes
- Neck soreness, stiffness, or tightness
- Scalp that is tender to the touch
The migraine episode consists of four distinct stages: prodrome, aura, headache and postdrome. From prodrome to postdrome, it can take anywhere from 8 to 72 hours for the migraine to run its course.
Not every migraine sufferer experiences all four stages, and some patients have symptoms from more than one stage at the same time. Auras are not incredibly common, affecting around 30% of migraine sufferers.
Migraine Treatment in Monticello, MN: Knowing Your Migraine Triggers
When you are in need of a good migraine treatment plan, it is also beneficial to learn about anything you can do to avoid the onset of migraines in the meantime. Work with our migraine treatment chiropractors near Monticello, MN to get a complete picture of your migraines and how to treat them. Our Monticello, MN migraine treatment doctor takes an individualized approach to treating every patient.
If you know the excruciating pain and disfunction of migraine attacks, act now and find a migraine treatment professional near Monticello, MN as soon as possible. In addition to getting professional care to address the condition, you may be able to alleviate the recurrence of attacks by figuring out the triggers that bring on attacks.
- Bright lights
- Extreme temperatures
- Dramatic changes in barometric pressure
- Changes in hormone levels in female patients, like estrogen and progesterone fluctuations that take place during menstrual periods, pregnancy, or menopause
- High stress levels
- Loud noises
- Physical exertion
- Skipping meals
- Consumption of some foods, i.e. salty and processed foods
- Getting too much or too little sleep
- Some medications, like birth control or nitroglycerin
- Strange smells
- Alcohol use
Chiropractic Migraine Treatment near Monticello, MN
When you trust our Monticello, MN chiropractors with your care, we will draw from an arsenal of treatment methods that could be effective in addressing the source of your migraines. We take the time to understand your condition and goals so we can provide the best possible Monticello, MN migraine treatment.
Below are some of the chiropractic migraine treatment methods that have been successful for many Monticello, MN migraine patients.
- Spinal Manipulation - hands-on spinal adjustments. Spinal manipulations can treat migraines by improving blood flow in the nervous system, affecting the way nerves send signals from the body to the brain, and reducing tightness and inflammation. Unlike many other popular migraine treatment options like medications, chiropractic spinal manipulations carry little risk of side effects and complications.
- Massage therapy - manual massaging of the muscles. In Monticello, MN massage therapy for migraine treatment, we pay special attention to releasing trigger points found in the back, shoulder, neck, and head. This can relax muscles, improve blood flow, and reduce stress. Massage therapy can also help treat migraines by alleviating any compressed nerves causing pain.
- Multidisciplinary approach - intervention through a comprehensive treatment plan. Our Monticello, MN migraine treatment chiropractors never focus on just one thing in the treatment of every patient. For migraine treatment patients, we will put together a plan that works and targets all factors in your life related to your migraines. We may prescribe home exercises, relaxation techniques, stress management, dietary counseling, or lifestyle changes to help treat your migraines in Monticello, MN.
As always, there is no specific solution that works for everyone. What was effective for one person may not be effective for you. Be safe and make sure to consult with a chiropractic doctor or talk to your primary care doctor before trying a new type of migraine treatment.
The Monticello, MN chiropractors of Total Spine Health and Injury Center specialize in offering custom, personalized migraine treatment and other chiropractic and massage therapy services. We take care to understand your condition, medical history, and general level of health to figure out how our chiropractors can provide the migraine treatment you need.
Our Monticello, MN chiropractors, massage therapists, and customer service team have the skill and experience necessary to offer a full range of spinal health and chiropractic treatment services. In addition to migraine treatment, our team specializes in areas such as:
- Headache Relief
- Auto Accident Chiropractors Near Me
- Chiropractic Adjustment
- Whiplash Treatment
- Sciatica Pain Treatment
- Chiropractor Near Me
Get Migraine Treatment near Monticello, MN Today
When you need effective migraine treatment, chiropractic care can be an excellent solution. Our Monticello, MN chiropractic migraine treatment doctors have seen a lot of success in managing the symptoms and minimizing the onset of episodes for countless Monticello, MN patients living with migraines. Our capable team will formulate the best chiropractic treatment plan for your migraine treatment needs.
The chiropractors of Total Spine Health and Injury Center near Monticello, MN perform safe, effective, tailored migraine treatment using evidence-based interventions. Call us today at (763) 568-7869 or make an appointment now.