Whiplash Treatment in Monticello, MN
Whiplash Treatment Monticello, MN. While we do not know the exact count, whiplash injuries happen to at least one million people annually in the United States alone. While the majority of whiplash injuries can heal with minimal medical care, there is a very real risk of serious long-term consequences and disability on top of debilitating acute symptoms when you do not seek quality whiplash treatment in the Monticello, MN area after suffering a whiplash injury.
The Monticello, MN whiplash treatment team at Total Spine Health and Injury Center has the clinical experience and practical knowledge to offer care that treats your whiplash injury at its source rather than simply masking your symptoms. Protect yourself from endless years of pain, disability, and other significant medical conditions; get Monticello, MN chiropractic whiplash treatment from our compassionate chiropractic team. talk to us now at (763) 568-7869, contact us online, or book an appointment near Monticello, MN today.
Who needs whiplash treatment in Monticello, MN?
You may need Monticello, MN whiplash treatment if you experienced a whiplash injury and are suffering from symptoms. Whiplash is a term referring to a soft tissue neck injury that happens when the head and neck are forced backward and forward and is also referred to as a neck sprain or strain. Whiplash injuries can range in severity and scope. After a whiplash injury, you may notice a few days of soreness in the neck or could suffer from long-term pain or serious complications. It is wise to get medical attention after an injury like a whiplash injury to learn if you need Monticello, MN whiplash treatment.
If you are living with neck pain and tightness or any other whiplash symptoms, seeing a chiropractor can be an excellent treatment decision. Find out whether you require whiplash treatment by familiarizing yourself with whiplash causes and symptoms below.
The most common causes of whiplash injuries are:
- Auto accidents. Car accidents and other motor vehicle accidents are the most common cause of whiplash injuries, and whiplash injuries are highly likely in certain types of auto accidents — namely rear-end collisions. 90% of rear-end accident injuries are whiplash and other neck injuries. The majority of whiplash car accidents occur in lower speed crashes of 25 miles per hour or less. Whiplash injuries can happen in collisions at speeds as low as 5 to 10 miles per hour.
- Contact sports. Whiplash injuries can occur in sports where the body may start or stop traveling suddenly, such as most contact sports (football, soccer, basketball, boxing, wrestling, etc.) and even other sports like diving. Fortunately, while whiplash is common in football players and other athletes exposed to high-force collisions between players, these kinds of whiplash injuries are rarely serious or permanent.
- Physical assault. Sadly, our Monticello, MN whiplash treatment doctors see some whiplash patients who have been injured because of some type of physical abuse. Whiplash could be caused by an accident, an altercation, or domestic violence attacks when the victim is pushed, punched, or shaken. Shaken baby syndrome involves whiplash in infants and can result in tragic, often fatal conditions such as infantile subdural haematoma. Our Monticello, MN chiropractors have cared for young children for whom chiropractic care is appropriate.
- Falls. Falls, such as falling from a height or being thrown from a horse, bicycle, or motorcycle, can also cause whiplash injuries.
This is not a conclusive list of whiplash causes. If your head and neck were abruptly thrown back and forth, you might have a whiplash injury. Understanding what symptoms to look out for and how whiplash is diagnosed can help you figure out if you need Monticello, MN chiropractic care for whiplash treatment.
After getting a whiplash injury, some common symptoms you might experience are:
- Soreness in the neck
- Neck pain that is exacerbated with movement
- Loss of range of motion in the neck
- Tenderness or pain in the shoulders or upper back and arms
- Tingling or numbness
In addition to the common symptoms of whiplash listed above, you may experience additional symptoms such as blurred vision, memory and ability to concentrate, or tinnitus. If you experience symptoms like these, look to your Monticello, MN chiropractor or physician for help finding the best possible care for your whiplash symptoms.
Some cases of whiplash are manageable and resolve naturally with time. These patients should look to home whiplash treatment strategies like using heat and over-the-counter medications. Call a whiplash treatment chiropractor or another doctor in the Monticello, MN area at (763) 568-7869 if your symptoms get worse after initially getting better or progress more than two weeks after your injury.
Sometimes, though, whiplash is more serious. If your symptoms are severe enough that they disrupt your daily life, you should request an appointment from our Monticello, MN whiplash treatment chiropractor as soon as possible. It is also important to receive chiropractic or other whiplash treatment if you are living with long-term whiplash symptoms. Chronic conditions are inordinately prevalent among whiplash victims, with 90% of victims reporting symptoms one to two years after the date of injury and an unsettling 55% reporting symptoms 17 years later. Your potential for recovering completely and avoiding a lifetime of pain and other symptoms is heavily dependent upon getting quick, tailored whiplash treatment in Monticello, MN at your earliest opportunity after being injured. Contact the Monticello, MN whiplash treatment team at Total Spine Health and Injury Center for help addressing your whiplash injury right away.
Whiplash Treatment in Monticello, MN
You need a whiplash treatment plan in Monticello, MN that is written for your needs, goals, and characteristics of your injury. You need a whiplash treatment chiropractor in Monticello, MN whom you are comfortable with and who will take a dedicated, individualized approach to your treatment. Total Spine Health and Injury Center provides individuals in Monticello, MN who have been injured with modern, evidence-based treatment practices from accomplished medical professionals in our private, modern, and clean office settinge. Schedule an appointment for Monticello, MN whiplash treatment from one of the top area chiropractors immediately.
Experts recommend chiropractic as a staple strategy to treat whiplash, among additional target="_blank" rel="nofollow noreferrer noopener">whiplash treatment strategies such as ice and heat, NSAIDS or muscle relaxant drugs, steroid injections, and physical therapy. The difference between chiropractic and other strategies is that chiropractic care is distinct in that it treats the route of the whiplash injury rather than treating or temporarily masking the symptoms on the surface.
Total Spine Health and Injury Center serves patients young and old who have a wide range of needs, goals, and physical complaints in the Monticello, MN area. Our Monticello, MN team of chiropractors and massage therapists stays informed on the latest accepted chiropractic practices and refers to years of specialized education and clinical experience to perform the best possible chiropractic treatment. In addition to whiplash treatment, we have had success providing the following types of care:
Chiropractic Care Techniques Used for Whiplash Treatment
- Spinal manipulation - Spinal manipulations will almost certainly be a part of your Monticello, MN whiplash treatment plan. Your doctor will use their hands to gently move the joints to encourage healthy blood flow and range of motion while eliminating pain and tightness.
- Soft-tissue manipulation - In addition to spinal manipulations, your Monticello, MN chiropractor may gently manipulate the affected soft tissue.
- Manual resistance/stretching - Muscle energy therapy and other joint therapies will help release the tight and sore joints in your neck, shoulders, and back.
- Trigger point therapy - You have tight points in your spine and other joint referred to as subluxations, and the tension can be released by applying deep, targeted pressure.
- Interferential electrical stimulation - This chiropractic treatment technique uses a device that sends low-frequency electrical current to the muscles to reduce inflammation, which can help in whiplash treatment.
- Ultrasound - Your chiropractic whiplash treatment near Monticello, MN may incorporate the use of ultrasounds, which can minimize muscle spasms, stiffness, and pain by fostering healthy blood circulation.
- Massage therapy - Our chiropractors and certified massage therapist will administer therapeutic massage to the affected and surrounding areas of the body to loosen tension and provide pain relief.
You need an experienced and knowledgeable Monticello, MN chiropractor to lead your whiplash treatment. Do your future self a favor by targeting your injury at the source with chiropractic whiplash treatment. Begin your recovery today with Total Spine Health and Injury Center near Monticello, MN. Book an appointment online right away.
Chiropractic Whiplash Treatment near Monticello, MN: Total Spine Health and Injury Center
Access quality whiplash treatment from leading Monticello, MN area chiropractors after sustaining a whiplash injury in a rear-end car accident, sports incident, or another type of accident. The doctors and massage therapists at Total Spine Health and Injury Center near Monticello, MN will be personally invested in your whiplash treatment chiropractic care and will treat the root source of your symptoms. Learn more about our modern, clean chiropractic office in Maple Grove and what to expect from your first visit or contact our Monticello, MN chiropractic office today to start on your path to recovery from your whiplash injury.