Work Injury Treatment in Monticello, MN
Work injury treatment in Monticello, MN. Did you suffer an injury at work? Is your movement health being impacted by back pain, stiffness, disc injuries, or spinal misalignment? Do you need to recover but are worried about surgery or prescription medicine? Total Spine is here to help.
In addition to the limitations and pain a work injury comes with, it also impacts your ability to put food on the table for your Monticello, MN family. Chiropractic care has been demonstrated to be an effective work injury treatment for employers who are dealing with a variety of injuries affecting any body part, not just symptoms affecting the spine. At Total Spine Health & Injury Center, we take a holistic view of your health to ensure that you can both return to work and stay there. For safe and successful work injury treatment in Monticello, MN, call Total Spine today at (763) 568-7869 or request an appointment.
What Does A Work Injury Treatment Chiropractor In Monticello, MN Treat?
Generally, work injuries fall into one of four categories:
- Repetitive motion injuries — These occur from carrying out the same activities for long periods of time, day in and day out. Examples are carpal tunnel from desk work, axial back pain from being in the same position throughout your work day, or a frozen shoulder from lifting or other, heavier employment.
- Overexertion — Jobs that require strenuous physical activity, like construction or agriculture, can lead someone to overexert themselves and become injured, especially without sufficient training or preparation. Overexertion injuries are are responsible for the second most missed days from work, and often result in disc injuries and injuries to muscles, tendons, and ligaments.
- Falling injuries — Falls, slips, and trips are the third leading cause of missing days from work. Common injuries resulting from falls are sprains and strains, fractures, spinal misalignment, and nerve damage.
- Falling object injuries — The risk of being hit by a falling object is also higher in jobs like construction. Examples of injuries include bruises, broken bones, soft tissue injuries, and traumatic brain injuries.
Professional chiropractors are capable of treating work injuries beyond just the back and spine, but throughout the body. If a concussion leads you to have chronic migraines, chiropractors can also offer lasting headache relief.
Work injuries we frequently treat in Monticello, MN include:
- Spinal issues
- Carpal tunnel
- Disc injuries
- Pinched nerves
- Back pain
- Neck pain
- Whiplash injuries
- Shoulder pain
- Extremity injuries
- Myofascial pain
What Can a Chiropractor Do For My Work Injuries in Monticello, MN?
How we treat your injuries in Monticello, MN will be based on your injury, job, medical history, and the lifestyle you wish to achieve. We'll discuss the events surrounding your injury, or if you don't know what's causing your symptoms, work with you to find out the root problem. After we get to know you, we'll do a physical examination, and perform what X-rays or motion study analysis we think would be beneficial. Then, we'll develop your treatment plan. Chiropractic care for workplace injuries usually includes chiropractic adjustments, also known as spinal alignments, and massage therapy.
Chiropractic adjustments are carried out by over a dozen different chiropractic techniques that involve short, quick thrusts to targeted areas. Contrary to popular belief, chiropractors rarely "push bones back in place." Work injuries interrupt how vertebrae and joints function correctly, and chiropractors release tensions interfering with how the body works. Spinal manipulations help employees achieve optimal functionality and help your body work in concert, and pain is relieved through relieving the stress an injury causes to the nervous system.
Massage therapy helps by encouraging blood flow to and relieving tight muscles and facilitating the breakdown of scar tissue covering the the affected muscles. One of the oldest forms of alternative medicine in the world, massage therapy has been demonstrated to improve your mood, increase blood flow, in addition to innumerable other benefits.
At Total Spine, we look at your total health and wellness. We'll also guide you through exercise, nutrition, and lifestyle suggestions to help your work injury treatment in Monticello, MN go as quickly as it can and promote your health in the future.
Benefits of Chiropractic Care for Work Injury Treatment in Monticello, MN
Chiropractors offer a wide range of benefits that are not only effective for work injury treatment, but improve how you feel everyday. With our services in Monticello, MN, you'll enjoy:
- Feeling better than you did before — Beyond just dealing with acute injuries that arise, chiropractic care can improve range of motion, lower blood pressure, and can improve digestion and even improve brain function.
- Patient education — We'll help you understand the nature of your symptoms and how you can achieve optimal functionality in order to stay healthy and perform at work better than ever. We'll teach you about posture correction and other useful strategies to avoid another work injury in the future. Correct posture is imperative for injury prevention.
- Chiropractic for extremities — While most people, possibly rightly so, immediately think of the back and spine when they think of chiropractic care, a licensed chiropractor will also know how to treat your arms, legs, hands, and feet. Chiropractors have a deep understanding of the musculoskeletal system, and the principles that apply to the joints, muscles, ligaments, tendons, and nerves in your back are true for the rest of your body as well.
- Chiropractic maintenance — "Maintenance" is also known as "preventive" care. Maintenance comes after the acute issue, and ensures that you stay at optimal health and can protect your body from the physical stress of your job. Many of our Monticello, MN work injury patients schedule regular visits after they recover once they discover the benefits of chiropractic care.
Is Chiropractic Care a Better Work Injury Treatment Plan Than Other Options?
Based on research from the Journal of Manipulative and Physiological Therapeutics, workers missed less time away from work when treated by a doctor of chiropractic than when treated by a medical doctor or osteopathic doctor. Chiropractic care is also a great option for avoiding the need for surgery and reducing the risk of prescription drug dependency.
Chiropractic isn't the best treatment plan for all injuries. If you break a bone, for example, a chiropractor can't fuse it back together, and you'll need physical therapy to build up the strength of weakened muscles. But for the majority of work injuries and symptoms, chiropractic care is a preferred option because it addresses the root cause instead of just treating symptoms.
Paying For Work Injury Treatment in Monticello, MN
Because of Minnesota Statute 176.135, employers are required to provide medical benefits to employees who get hurt at work and chiropractic visits are included in workers' compensation. That includes covering costs related to travel (gas miles, Uber or Lyft, public transportation, etc...), costs of obtaining medical records, and other out-of-pocket expenses.
Generally, injured employees in Minnesota have wide leeway in choosing which healthcare provider they want to treat them. To see why you should choose our team for your work injury treatment in Monticello, MN, check out our 5-Star rating on Google, our patient testimonials, or read more on how to find the best chiropractors in Minnesota.
Other services we offer in Monticello, MN include:
- Herniated Disc Treatment
- Family Chiropractic
- Massage Therapy
- Headache Relief
- Auto Accident Chiropractors Near Me
- Chiropractic Adjustment
- Whiplash Treatment
- Migraine Treatment
Call Total Spine For Your Work Injury Treatment in Monticello, MN
We have three main goals: provide quick pain relief, improve your overall wellness, and help our Monticello, MN communities discover the remarkable benefits of chiropractic can have for our health and wellness. Call Total Spine today at (763) 568-7869 or tell us how we can help you online for your work injury treatment in Monticello, MN.