Migraine Treatment near New Hope, MN
Migraine Treatment near New Hope, MN. If you have ever had a migraine, you understand the urgency of needing to access effective New Hope, MN migraine treatment. Migraines can be debilitating and affect millions of people in the US every year. If you have migraines in New Hope, MN and have not had success with the many solutions you have tried, you are not alone. Seeing a chiropractor in New Hope, MN may be the intervention you need.
If you suffer from migraines and need a migraine treatment solution that works, try Total Spine Health and Injury Center in Maple Grove, MN. Our New Hope, MN chiropractic team offers private, personalized care in a clean and modern setting. Find out how the Total Spine migraine treatment team can help you by contacting us to speak to a specialist or making your first appointment now.
Migraine Treatment New Hope, MN: About Migraines
A migraine is not just a bad headache. The neurological condition is typically (but not always) associated with strong headaches, but also brings with it any number of a variety of other symptoms.
There is still a lot we do not know about migraines, which is why there is little consensus from the medical community on the best and most effective migraine treatment. We do know, however, that hormones and neurotransmitters play a role in migraines, and the resulting restriction of blood vessels in the brain can contribute to migraine pain.
Understanding the mechanisms and root cause behind your migraines is critical to accessing the right New Hope, MN migraine treatment. When you seek migraine treatment from our New Hope, MN chiropractors, your New Hope, MN migraine treatment team will first work to evaluate your unique case, considering your symptoms and triggers.
Prevalence of Migraines
Migraines affect one billion people worldwide.
- In any given 3 month period, approximately one out of 5 women and one out of six people in the United States suffer from migraines.
- Migraines and headaches are the number four reason for visits to the emergency room.
- Groups most affected by migraines are unemployed adults, families living in poverty, and adults up to 44 years of age.
- Of those who have had migraines, 31.1% have three or more migraines per month.
- 53.7% of people who get migraines have been debilitated or bed-ridden due to the severity of their migraines.
- In the US, migraines cost $13 billion due to lost labor and productivity annually
Migraine Treatment in New Hope, MN: Recognizing the Symptoms
Your migraine may come with any number of a variety of symptoms associated with the condition. Below are just a few common symptoms. If you have been diagnosed with migraines, have genetic family members with migraines, or have had any of the following symptoms, you may be a good candidate for New Hope, MN chiropractic migraine treatment.
- Intense throbbing or dull aching pain either on one side or both sides of your head
- Pain that gets stronger when you exert yourself
- Nausea or vomiting
- Numbness or tingling
- Blurred vision, tunnel vision, or blind spots
- Difficulty speaking
- Feeling tired and/or confused
- Stuffy nose
- Cold sweats or hot flashes
- Stiff or tender neck
- Scalp that is tender to the touch
A migraine attack consists of four distinct stages: prodrome, aura, headache and postdrome. From prodrome to postdrome, it can take anywhere from 8 to 72 hours for the migraine to run its course.
A migraine does not always present all distinct stages, and some patients have symptoms from more than one stage at once. Only about 30% of migraine sufferers experience the aura stage.
Migraine Treatment in New Hope, MN: What are my Migraine Triggers?
When you are in search of migraine treatment that works, you can also benefit from learning what you can do to avoid the onset of migraines in the meantime. By working with our migraine treatment chiropractor near New Hope, MN, you will get to get a complete picture of your migraines and learn how to treat them. Total Spine migraine treatment doctors in the New Hope, MN area take an individualized approach to caring for each patient.
If you live in constant anticipation of the next migraine that will knock you off your feet, act now and find a migraine treatment professional near New Hope, MN as soon as possible. In addition to getting professional care to address the condition, you may find that you can reduce the recurrence of attacks by identifying triggers that bring on attacks.
- Exposure to bright lights
- Severe heat or cold
- Changes in barometric pressure
- For female patients, hormonal changes such as estrogen and progesterone fluctuations that take place during menstrual periods, pregnancy, or menopause
- High stress levels
- Loud noises
- Undernourishment or malnourishment
- Consumption of some foods, such as salty and processed foods
- Sleep pattern variations, such as too much sleep or missing sleep
- Use of certain medications, like birth control or nitroglycerin
- Strange smells
- Alcohol use
Chiropractic Migraine Treatment near New Hope, MN
When you trust our New Hope, MN chiropractors with your care, we will draw from an arsenal of treatment methods that could help treat your migraines. We will work closely with you to evaluate your condition and understand your goals so we can provide the best possible New Hope, MN migraine treatment.
Below are some of the chiropractic migraine treatment methods that have been effective for many New Hope, MN migraine patients.
- Spinal Manipulation - hands-on spinal adjustments. Spinal manipulations can treat migraines by impacting blood flow throughout the nervous system, aleviating nerve activity, and reducing tightness and inflammation. Unlike other possible migraine treatment options like medications, chiropractic spinal manipulations run little risk of side effects and complications.
- Massage therapy - hands-on muscle massaging. In New Hope, MN massage therapy for migraine treatment, we pay special attention to releasing trigger points throughout the back, shoulder, neck, and head. Massage therapy helps relax muscles, improve blood flow, and reduce stress. Massage therapy can also help treat migraines by alleviating any compressed nerves causing pain.
- Multidisciplinary approach - intervention through a comprehensive treatment plan. Our New Hope, MN migraine treatment chiropractors always consider all interconnected factors in the treatment of every patient. For migraine treatment patients, we will work with you to develop a plan that works and addresses all aspects of migraines in your life. We may prescribe home exercises, relaxation techniques, stress management, dietary counseling, or lifestyle changes to help treat your migraines in New Hope, MN.
As with any treatment method or health care solution, there is no one-size-fits-all solution. What was effective for one person may not be the right choice for you. It is important that you consult with a chiropractic doctor or talk to your primary care physician before trying a new migraine treatment method.
The New Hope, MN chiropractors of Total Spine Health and Injury Center pride themselves on providing private, personalized migraine treatment and other chiropractic and massage therapy services. We take the time to understand your condition, medical history, and general level of health to figure out how our chiropractors can provide the migraine treatment you need.
Our New Hope, MN chiropractors, massage therapists, and customer service team have the skill and experience necessary to offer a full range of spinal health and chiropractic treatment services. In addition to migraine treatment, our team specializes in areas such as:
Get Migraine Treatment near New Hope, MN Today
When you need effective migraine treatment, chiropractic care can be incredibly helpful. Our New Hope, MN chiropractic migraine treatment team has seen a lot of success in alleviating the symptoms and preventing the onset of attacks for countless New Hope, MN patients living with migraines. Our capable team will formulate the best chiropractic treatment plan for your migraine treatment needs.
The chiropractors of Total Spine Health and Injury Center near New Hope, MN perform safe, effective, tailored migraine treatment using evidence-based interventions. Call us today at (763) 568-7869 or make an appointment now.