Work Injury Treatment in New Hope, MN
Work injury treatment in New Hope, MN. Have you been injured at work? Is your movement health being impacted by back pain, stiffness, disc injuries, or spinal misalignment? Do you want to feel better but are worried about invasive procedures or prescription medicine? Total Spine is here to help.
Beyond the limitations and pain a work injury comes with, it also impacts how you can support for your New Hope, MN family. Chiropractic care has proven to be an effective work injury treatment for people who are suffering a variety of issues affecting any body part, not just injuries involving the spine. At Total Spine Health & Injury Center, we focus on your long-term health to ensure that you can both get back to work and stay there. For safe and successful work injury treatment in New Hope, MN, call Total Spine today at (763) 568-7869 or schedule an appointment.
Common Work Injuries That New Hope, MN Chiropractic Care Can Treat
Generally, there are four types of work injuries that chiropractors treat:
- Overuse injuries — These occur from performing the same activities for weeks, months, or years. These can include anything from carpal tunnel from desk work, non-specific back pain from standing throughout your work day, or a frozen shoulder from more physically intensive work.
- Overexertion — Jobs that require more physical exertion, like construction or agriculture that require lifting, pulling, pushing, and carrying can cause acute injuries. Overexertion injuries are are responsible for the second most missed days from work, and common examples include disc injuries and injuries to soft tissue.
- Falling injuries — Falls, slips, and trips are the third leading cause of missing days from work. Common injuries resulting from falls are sprains and strains, broken bones, spinal injuries, and nerve damage.
- Falling object injuries — In working environments that rely on heavy equipment place workers at increased risk of being hit by a falling object. Common injuries include lesions, fractures, soft tissue injuries, and traumatic brain injuries.
Experienced chiropractors can treat work injuries beyond just the back and spine, but soft tissue and brain injuries, and anything else that affects the muscles and nervous system. If a brain injury causes persistent migraines, chiropractors can also provide significant headache relief.
Work injuries we frequently treat in New Hope, MN include:
- Spinal issues
- Carpal tunnel
- Disc injuries
- Pinched nerves
- Back pain
- Neck pain
- Whiplash injuries
- Shoulder pain
- Extremity injuries
- Myofascial trigger points
How Do Chiropractors Treat Work Injuries in New Hope, MN?
Your work injury treatment from your New Hope, MN chiropractor will depend on the nature of your injury, realities of your job and lifestyle, your medical history. We'll discuss the events surrounding your injury, or if you have symptoms but are unsure why, work backwards to find out what's causing them. After a discussion, we'll do a physical examination, and perform what imaging tests or motion study analysis we find necessary. Then, we'll determine how to best treat your injuries. Chiropractic treatment for workplace injuries typically consists of chiropractic adjustments, also called spinal manipulation, and massage therapy.
Chiropractic adjustments are carried out by over a dozen different chiropractic techniques that involve quick and targeted thrusts to certain areas. Contrary to popular belief, chiropractors rarely "push bones back in place." Work injuries restrict movement of vertebrae and joints, and chiropractors release tensions interfering with how the body works. Chiropractic alignments help employees achieve optimal functionality and help your body function harmoniously with itself, and pain is relieved through relieving the stress an injury places on the nervous system.
Massage therapy can treat an injury by encouraging blood flow to and relieving tight muscles and breaking down the scar tissue caused by an injury. Practiced for over 5,000 years, massage therapy has been demonstrated to improve your mood, improve circulation, in addition to countless other benefits.
At Total Spine, we'll come up with a treatment plan that takes your overall health into account. We'll offer exercise, nutrition, and lifestyle suggestions to help your work injury treatment in New Hope, MN go as quickly as possible and improve your long-term health.
Benefits of Chiropractic Care for Work Injury Treatment in New Hope, MN
Chiropractic care offers countless benefits that not only help in work injury treatment, but improve how you feel everyday. With our New Hope, MN chiropractors, you'll enjoy:
- Feeling better than you did before — Beyond just reducing pain, chiropractic care can improve range of motion, reduce blood pressure, and can improve sleep and even increase brain function.
- Patient education — We'll teach you about injuries and how you can achieve optimal functionality in order to stay healthy and feel better at work than you did before your injuries. We'll teach you about tips for lifting and other ways to stay safe on the job. Correct posture is imperative for injury prevention.
- Chiropractic for extremities — While chiropractors are associated with the back and spine, an experienced chiropractor will also know how to treat your arms, legs, hands, and feet. Chiropractors have a thorough knowledge of the musculoskeletal system, and the principles that apply to the joints, muscles, ligaments, tendons, and nerves in your back apply to the rest of your body as well.
- Chiropractic maintenance — "Maintenance" can also be referred to as "wellness" care. Maintenance comes after the acute issue, and ensures that you preserve the benefits attained in your acute case, and helps relieve any stress your line of work may continue to put on your musculoskeletal system. A lot of our New Hope, MN work injury patients end up coming in for regular visits after they recover once they discover the benefits of chiropractic care.
How Does Chiropractic Compare to Other Work Injury Treatment Options?
Based on a study in the Journal of Manipulative and Physiological Therapeutics, workers missed less time away from work when treated by a doctor of chiropractic than when treated by a medical doctor or osteopathic doctor. Chiropractic care is also a great option for avoiding the need for surgery and reducing the risk of prescription drug dependency.
Chiropractic isn't the best treatment plan for all injuries. If you break a bone, for example, a chiropractor can't fuse it back together, and you'll need physical therapy to rebuild and retrain atrophied muscles. But for most work injuries and symptoms, chiropractic care works because it addresses the underlying issue instead of just masking symptoms.
Paying For Work Injury Treatment in New Hope, MN
Pursuant to Minnesota Law, employers are legally obligated to provide medical benefits to employees who get hurt on the job through workers' compensation, including chiropractic care. They also need to pay for transportation costs (gas miles, taxis, public transportation, etc...), costs of obtaining medical records, and other out-of-pocket expenses.
Usually, workers in Minnesota are allowed to choose the healthcare provider they want. To discover why you should choose our team for your work injury treatment in New Hope, MN, check out our 5-Star rating on Google, our patient testimonials, or read more on how to find the best chiropractors in Minnesota.
Other conditions and injuries we treat in New Hope, MN include:
- Herniated Disc Treatment
- Family Chiropractic
- Massage Therapy
- Headache Relief
- Auto Accident Chiropractors Near Me
- Chiropractic Adjustment
- Whiplash Treatment
- Migraine Treatment
Trust in Total Spine For Your Work Injury Treatment in New Hope, MN
Our objectives are simple: provide quick pain relief, boost your long-term wellness, and help our New Hope, MN communities learn the wonderful benefits of chiropractic can have for our health and wellness. Call Total Spine today at (763) 568-7869 or contact us online for your work injury treatment in New Hope, MN.