Whiplash Treatment in New Hope, MN
Whiplash Treatment New Hope, MN. While estimates vary, we know that whiplash injuries happen to at least one million people every year in the United States alone. Though the majority of whiplash injuries are mild, without prompt, targeted whiplash treatment in the New Hope, MN area, you may be at risk of developing serious chronic complications or long-term symptoms.
The New Hope, MN whiplash treatment team at Total Spine Health and Injury Center has the clinical experience and empirical knowledge to safely and effectively treat your whiplash injury at its source instead of only temporarily covering up your symptoms. Protect yourself from decades of pain, limitations, and other significant medical conditions by getting New Hope, MN chiropractic whiplash treatment from our compassionate chiropractic team. Reach us now at (763) 568-7869, contact us online, or book an appointment near New Hope, MN today.
Do I need whiplash treatment in New Hope, MN?
If you believe you have a whiplash injury and are experiencing symptoms, you may need New Hope, MN whiplash treatment. Whiplash is a term referring to a soft tissue neck injury caused by sudden hyperextension and hyperflexion (back and forth motion, like the motion of a whip) and can also be referred to as a neck sprain or strain. Whiplash injuries vary in severity and scope. After a whiplash injury, you may notice soreness for a handful of days or could develop chronic pain or serious complications. After sustaining a whiplash injury, it is vital to seek a medical evaluation to determine if you need New Hope, MN whiplash treatment.
If you are dealing with neck pain and tightness or any other whiplash symptoms, seeing a chiropractor can be an excellent treatment decision. Find out whether you require whiplash treatment by familiarizing yourself with the causes and symptoms of whiplash below.
The most common causes of whiplash injuries are:
- Auto accidents. Car accidents and other motor vehicle accidents are the most common cause of whiplash injuries, and rear-end collisions are the most common type of car accident to cause whiplash injuries. 90% of injuries in rear-end accidents are whiplash and other neck injuries. These injuries actually most often take place during crashes that happen at speeds of 25 miles per hour or less, with whiplash injuries resulting from crashes at speeds as low as 5 to 10 miles per hour.
- Contact sports. Whiplash injuries are a risk in sports where the body may abruptly stop or start moving by force, such as most contact sports (football, soccer, basketball, boxing, wrestling, etc.) and some other sports like diving. Fortunately, while whiplash is common in football players and other athletes exposed to high-force collisions between players, these kinds of whiplash injuries are seldom serious or permanent.
- Physical assault. Sadly, our New Hope, MN whiplash treatment doctors see some whiplash patients who have been injured due to some type of physical abuse. They may have sustained a whiplash injury in an accident, an altercation, or domestic violence attacks when the victim is pushed, punched, or shaken. In infants, whiplash from shaking, known as shaken baby syndrome, can lead to heartbreaking, often fatal conditions such as infantile subdural haematoma. The Total Spine New Hope, MN chiropractors have experience safely treating young children for whom chiropractic care is appropriate.
- Falls. Falling from a higher surface to a lower surface or falling from a ride such as a horse or ATV can also result in whiplash injuries.
This is not an exhaustive list of whiplash causes. In any event, if any kind of fall, impact, or other accident violently threw your head back and forth, you might have suffered a whiplash injury. Learn more about whiplash symptoms and diagnosing methods to figure out whether whiplash treatment like New Hope, MN chiropractic care can benefit you.
If you have a whiplash injury, some common symptoms you might experience are:
- Neck soreness
- Neck pain that is exacerbated with movement
- Loss of range of motion in the neck
- Tenderness or pain in the shoulders, upper back, and arms
- Arm or hand tingling or numbness
In addition to the common symptoms of whiplash listed above, you may experience nervous system symptoms such as blurred vision, memory and ability to concentrate, or tinnitus. If you experience symptoms like these, work with your New Hope, MN chiropractor or another doctor to get the proper treatment for your whiplash symptoms.
For some, whiplash symptoms are mild to moderate and resolve naturally on their own. These patients should try home whiplash treatment methods like heat/cold applications and over-the-counter pharmaceuticals. Call (763) 568-7869 to speak to a whiplash treatment chiropractor near New Hope, MN if symptoms get worse after initially getting better or persist beyond two weeks after your injury.
Sometimes, though, whiplash is more serious. If your symptoms are severe enough that they affect your daily life, you should request whiplash treatment appointment from our chiropractor as soon as possible. You should also seek whiplash treatment from a chiropractor or other professional if you have developed chronic whiplash symptoms. Chronic disorders are inordinately common for people with whiplash injuries. According to one peer-reviewed study, 90% of patients still have symptoms one to two years after the date of injury and an unsettling 55% reporting symptoms an entire 17 years later. Your ability to move on from this injury and avoiding years of chronic pain and debilitating conditions is heavily dependent upon getting prompt, proven whiplash treatment in New Hope, MN at your earliest opportunity after sustaining your injury. Contact the Total Spine Health and Injury Center's New Hope, MN whiplash treatment providers to receive help addressing your whiplash right away.
New Hope, MN Whiplash Treatment
You need a whiplash treatment plan in New Hope, MN that is personalized to your condition and your personal needs and goals. It is important that you find a whiplash treatment doctor in New Hope, MN whom you are comfortable with and who will take a dedicated, individualized approach to your treatment. Total Spine Health and Injury Center near New Hope, MN provides targeted, evidence-based treatment practices performed by reputable treatment providers in our private, modern, and clean office settinge. Book an appointment for whiplash treatment from a leading New Hope, MN chiropractor immediately.
Chiropractic care is one of the recommended treatments for whiplash, among additional target="_blank" rel="nofollow noreferrer noopener">whiplash treatment strategies such as ice and heat, anti-inflammatory or muscle relaxant drugs, steroid injections, and physical therapy. The difference between chiropractic and other strategies is that chiropractic care is distinct in that it treats the underlying cause of the whiplash injury instead of treating or temporarily masking the surface symptoms.
Total Spine Health and Injury Center serves patients young and old who have a wide variety of needs, priorities, and physical complaints near New Hope, MN. The Total Spine New Hope, MN team of chiropractors and massage therapists stays ahead on the most contemporary chiropractic practices and draws from extensive education and clinical experience to perform the best possible chiropractic treatment. In addition to whiplash treatment, we have had success providing the following types of care:
- Family Chiropractic
- Massage Therapy
- Headache Relief
- Auto Accident Chiropractors Near Me
- Chiropractic Adjustment
- Migraine Treatment
- Sciatica Pain Treatment
- Chiropractor Near Me
Chiropractic Care Techniques Used for Whiplash Treatment
- Spinal manipulation - Your New Hope, MN chiropractor will perform spinal manipulations as a part of your whiplash treatment plan. Using their hands to gently manipulate your joints, your doctor will to encourage healthy blood flow and range of motion and reduce pain and tightness.
- Soft-tissue manipulation - In addition to spinal manipulations, your New Hope, MN chiropractor may use their hands and/or instruments to gently manipulate the soft tissues in the affected areas.
- Manual resistance/stretching - Muscle energy therapy and other joint therapies will help release tightness and soreness in the joints in your neck, shoulders, and back.
- Trigger point therapy - Your whiplash treatment chiropractor will identify tight points along the spine and other joints called subluxations, and the tension can be released by applying deep, targeted pressure.
- Interferential electrical stimulation - Your chiropractor may use a machine to send low-frequency electrical current to the muscles, reducing inflammation associated with whiplash.
- Ultrasound - Your chiropractic whiplash treatment near New Hope, MN may employ ultrasounds, which has been shown to minimize muscle spasms, stiffness, and pain by promoting healthy blood circulation.
- Massage therapy - Our chiropractors and certified massage therapist will administer therapeutic massage to the affected and surrounding areas of the body to reduce tension and provide pain relief.
You need an experienced and knowledgeable chiropractor on your whiplash treatment team near New Hope, MN. Do your future self a favor by targeting your injury at the source with chiropractic whiplash treatment. Take the first step toward your recovery today with Total Spine Health and Injury Center near New Hope, MN. Book an appointment online now.
Leading New Hope, MN Chiropractic Whiplash Treatment: Total Spine Health and Injury Center
Receive expert whiplash treatment from trusted New Hope, MN area chiropractors when you have been injured in a rear-end car accident, sports incident, or another type of accident. The doctors and massage therapists at Total Spine Health and Injury Center near New Hope, MN will be personally invested in your whiplash treatment chiropractic care and will treat the root cause of your symptoms. Learn more about our modern, private chiropractic office in Maple Grove and what to expect from your first visit or contact our New Hope, MN chiropractic office today to begin your whiplash injury recovery.