Migraine Treatment near Pleasant Lake, MN
Migraine Treatment near Pleasant Lake, MN. If you have ever had a migraine, you know how dire it is to access effective Pleasant Lake, MN migraine treatment. Migraines affect millions of people in the United States including Pleasant Lake, MN every year, many of whom experience a migraine so severe that it disrupts their ability to work and function. If you have migraines in Pleasant Lake, MN and have tried multiple treatment methods with little success, you are not alone. Seeing a chiropractor in Pleasant Lake, MN may be the answer.
If you are sick of dealing with migraines, whether mildly annoying or the cause of several days of missed work, try migraine treatment at Total Spine Health and Injury Center in Maple Grove, MN. Our chiropractic team near Pleasant Lake, MN offers private, personalized care in our sleek, modern, and comfortable offices. Find out how the Total Spine migraine treatment team can help you by contacting us to consult with a specialist or making your first appointment now.
Migraine Treatment Pleasant Lake, MN: Understanding Migraines
A migraine is a neurological condition that is often characterized by powerful headaches. But a migraine is more than just a bad headache (in fact, some migraines occur without a headache at all) and is accompanied by any number of a variety of other symptoms.
Unfortunately, we still do not know everything there is to know about migraines, which explains why there is no one widely accepted, effective migraine treatment recommended by the medical community. We do know, however, that hormones and neurotransmitters play a role in migraines, and the resulting restriction of blood vessels in the brain can contribute to migraine pain.
Finding the right Pleasant Lake, MN migraine treatment for you could depend upon determining the cause of your migraines and the onset of attacks. When you seek migraine treatment from our Pleasant Lake, MN chiropractors, your Pleasant Lake, MN migraine treatment team will first work to evaluate your unique case, analyzing your symptoms and triggers.
Prevalence of Migraines
- One billion people in the world have migraines.
- In any given 3 month span of time, it is estimated that one out of 5 women and one out of six people in the United States suffer from migraines.
- Migraines and headaches are the fourth leading cause of emergency room visits.
- Migraines disproportionately affect unemployed adults, low-income households, and adults under the age of 44.
- About a third of people who get migraines (31.1%) have at least three migraines per month.
- 53.7% of individuals who get migraines have been debilitated or unable to get out of bed due to the severity of their migraines.
- Migraines cost the United States $13 billion due to lost labor and productivity annually
Migraine Treatment in Pleasant Lake, MN: Understanding the Symptoms
Your migraine may come with any number of a variety of symptoms associated with the condition. Below we have listed a few common symptoms. If you experience any of the symptoms listed below and believe you suffer from migraines, you may benefit from Pleasant Lake, MN chiropractic migraine treatment.
- Strong throbbing or dull aching pain on one or both sides of your head
- Pain that worsens with physical activity
- Nausea or vomiting
- Numbness or tingling
- Vision changes, including blurred vision or blind spots
- Difficulty speaking
- Feeling drained
- Stuffy nose
- Cold sweats or hot flashes
- Neck soreness, stiffness, or tightness
- Tender scalp
A migraine attack is characterized by four distinct stages: prodrome, aura, headache and postdrome. The entire migraine episode can endure for anywhere between 8 to 72 hours.
A migraine does not always present all distinct stages, and some experience symptoms from more than one stage at the same time. Only about 30% of migraine sufferers experience the aura stage.
Migraine Treatment in Pleasant Lake, MN: Identifying Your Migraine Triggers
When you are in need of a good migraine treatment plan, it is also beneficial to learn what actions you can take to avoid the onset of migraines in the meantime. Work with our migraine treatment chiropractors near Pleasant Lake, MN to get a complete picture of your migraines and learn how to treat them. Total Spine migraine treatment doctors in the Pleasant Lake, MN area take a personalized approach to caring for every patient.
If you live in constant fear of when the next debilitating migraine will strike, it is important to find a migraine treatment professional near Pleasant Lake, MN as soon as possible. At the same time, you may be able to reduce the recurrence of attacks by identifying triggers that bring on attacks.
- Exposure to bright lights
- Severe heat or cold
- Changes in barometric pressure
- For female patients, hormonal changes such as estrogen and progesterone fluctuations that take place during menstrual periods, pregnancy, or menopause
- Loud noises
- Expending physical energy
- Undernourishment or malnourishment
- Consumption of some foods, such as salty and processed foods
- Getting too much or too little sleep
- Some medications, like birth control or nitroglycerin
- Unusual smells
- Alcohol consumption
Chiropractic Migraine Treatment near Pleasant Lake, MN
Your Pleasant Lake, MN chiropractor has a multitude of treatment modalities at their disposal that may be effective in addressing the source of your migraines. We take the time to understand your condition and goals so we can provide the Pleasant Lake, MN migraine treatments that are right for you.
Learn about some of the chiropractic migraine treatment methods that have been successful for many Pleasant Lake, MN migraine patients.
- Spinal Manipulation - hands-on adjustments to the spine. Spinal manipulations can treat migraines by improving blood flow throughout the nervous system, aleviating nerve activity, and reducing tightness and inflammation. Unlike many other popular migraine treatment options like medications, chiropractic spinal manipulations carry minimal risk of side effects and complications.
- Massage therapy - manual massaging of the muscles. In Pleasant Lake, MN massage therapy for migraine treatment, your massage therapist will focus on releasing trigger points throughout the back, shoulder, neck, and head. This can relax muscles, improve blood flow, and reduce stress. Massage therapy also provides relief to compressed nerves that can cause pain and contribute to migraine pain.
- Multidisciplinary approach - looking at the big picture to provide comprehensive intervention for your migraines. Our Pleasant Lake, MN migraine treatment chiropractors never focus on just one thing when treating a patient. When you come to us for migraine treatment, we will work with you to develop a plan that works and addresses all aspects of migraines in your life. This could include the use of home exercises, relaxation techniques, stress management, dietary counseling, or lifestyle changes to help treat your migraines in Pleasant Lake, MN.
As with any treatment method or health care solution, there is no specific solution that works for everyone. What was effective for one person may not be effective for you. It is important that you consult with a chiropractor or talk to your primary care doctor before trying a new type of migraine treatment.
The Pleasant Lake, MN chiropractors of Total Spine Health and Injury Center specialize in offering custom, personalized migraine treatment and other chiropractic and massage therapy services. We take the time to understand your condition, medical history, and general level of health to determine what chiropractic care, if any, is right for your migraine treatment needs.
Our Pleasant Lake, MN chiropractors, massage therapists, and customer service team have the skill and experience necessary to offer a full range of spinal health and chiropractic treatment services. In addition to migraine treatment, our team specializes in areas such as:
- Herniated Disc Treatment
- Work Injury Treatment
- Family Chiropractic
- Massage Therapy
- Headache Relief
- Auto Accident Chiropractors Near Me
- Chiropractic Adjustment
- Whiplash Treatment
Get Migraine Treatment near Pleasant Lake, MN Today
When you need effective migraine treatment, seeing a chiropractor can be an excellent solution. Our Pleasant Lake, MN chiropractic migraine treatment doctors have seen a lot of success in managing the symptoms and reducing the onset of attacks for countless Pleasant Lake, MN patients living with migraines. Our capable team will formulate the best chiropractic care plan for your migraine treatment needs.
The chiropractors of Total Spine Health and Injury Center near Pleasant Lake, MN will provide safe, effective, tailored migraine treatment using evidence-based interventions. Call us today at (763) 568-7869 or make an appointment now.