Work Injury Treatment in Pleasant Lake, MN
Work injury treatment in Pleasant Lake, MN. Have you been injured on the job? Is your movement health being impacted by back pain, stiffness, disc injuries, or spinal misalignment? Do you need to recover but are hesitant about surgery or prescription medicine? Total Spine is here to help.
In addition to the pain and discomfort a work injury comes with, it also affects your ability to provide for your Pleasant Lake, MN loved ones. Chiropractic care has been demonstrated to be an effective work injury treatment for employers who are dealing with a variety of issues affecting any body part, not just symptoms affecting the back and neck. At Total Spine Health & Injury Center, we take a holistic view of your health to ensure that you can both get back to work and feel great once you get there. For safe and effective work injury treatment in Pleasant Lake, MN, call Total Spine today at (763) 568-7869 or make an appointment.
Common Work Injuries That Pleasant Lake, MN Chiropractors Treat
Typically, there are four types of work injuries that chiropractors treat:
- Overuse injuries — These occur from performing the same movements for long periods of time, day in and day out. These can include anything from carpal tunnel from desk work, axial back pain from being in the same position throughout your work day, or a disc injury from more physically intensive employment.
- Overexertion — Jobs that are harder on our bodies, like landscaping or agriculture, can lead someone to overexert themselves and become injured, especially if they're not properly trained or protected. Overexertion injuries are the second leading nonfatal injury from work, and often result in disc injuries and injuries to soft tissue.
- Falling injuries — Falls, slips, and trips are the third leading cause of missing days from work. Injuries can include ligament injuries, broken bones, spinal misalignment, back pain, and neck pain.
- Falling object injuries — The risk of being hit by a falling object is also higher in professionals like construction. Examples of injuries include contusions, fractures, strains, sprains, and traumatic brain injuries.
Licensed chiropractors can treat work injuries not just affecting the back and spine, but soft tissue and brain injuries, and anything else that affects the muscles and nervous system. If a brain injury leads you to have persistent headaches, chiropractic care can also offer lasting headache relief.
Work injuries we have helped people found relief for in Pleasant Lake, MN include:
- Spinal issues
- Carpal tunnel
- Disc injuries
- Pinched nerves
- Back pain
- Neck pain
- Whiplash injuries
- Shoulder pain
- Arm and leg pain
- Myofascial trigger points
How Do Chiropractors Treat Work Injuries in Pleasant Lake, MN?
Your work injury treatment from your Pleasant Lake, MN chiropractor will be based on the nature of your injury, realities of your job and lifestyle, your medical history. We'll discuss the events surrounding your injury, or if you have symptoms but are unsure why, work with you to discover the root cause. After a discussion, we'll carry out a physical examination, and conduct what X-rays or motion study analysis we think would be beneficial. Then, we'll determine how to best treat your injuries. Chiropractic treatment for workplace injuries usually includes chiropractic adjustments, also referred to as spinal manipulation, and massage therapy.
Chiropractic manipulations are carried out by over a dozen different chiropractic techniques that involve short, quick thrusts to targeted areas. Contrary to general belief, chiropractors rarely "push bones back in place." Work injuries interrupt how vertebrae and joints function correctly, and chiropractors release muscle tension. In doing so, we help workers achieve optimal movement health and help your body work as a successful whole, and pain is relieved by relieving the stress an injury causes to the nervous system.
Massage therapy can treat an injury by smoothing out soft tissue and breaking down the scar tissue caused by an injury. Used to treat injuries since at least 3,000 BCE, massage therapy is proven to improve your mood, increase circulation, in addition to innumerable other benefits.
At Total Spine, we'll come up with a treatment plan based on improving your overall health. We'll also guide you through exercise, nutrition, and other advice to help your work injury treatment in Pleasant Lake, MN go as quickly as it can and promote your health down the road.
What Our Chiropractic Care Offers For Your Work Injury Treatment in Pleasant Lake, MN
Chiropractic care offers countless benefits that not only help in work injury treatment, but improve your overall life. With our Pleasant Lake, MN chiropractors, you'll enjoy:
- Feeling better every day — In addition to reducing pain, chiropractic care can help range of motion, improve blood pressure, and can improve digestion and even improve brain function.
- Patient education — We'll help you understand the nature of your injuries and how you can achieve optimal functionality in order to reduce your risk of re-injury and feel better at work than you did before your injuries. We'll teach you about posture correction and other ways to avoid another work injury in the future. Correct posture is imperative for injury prevention.
- Chiropractic for extremities — While chiropractors are usually thought of in relation to the back and spine, a licensed chiropractor will also be able to treat your extremities. Chiropractors have a thorough grasp of the musculoskeletal system, and the same principles of pain relief and optimal function apply equally to the back and other body parts.
- Chiropractic maintenance — "Maintenance" is also known as "wellness" care. Maintenance comes after the acute issue, and ensures that you preserve the benefits attained in your acute case, and helps protect your body from the physical stress of your line of work. A lot of our Pleasant Lake, MN work injury patients schedule maintenance once they understand what chiropractic can do for their health and wellness.
Is Chiropractic Care a Better Work Injury Treatment Plan Than Other Options?
Based on research from the Journal of Manipulative and Physiological Therapeutics, workers were able to return to work faster under chiropractic care than medical or osteopathic treatment. Chiropractic care is also a great option for avoiding the need for surgery and reducing the risk of prescription drug dependency.
Chiropractic can't heal every single injury. If you break a bone, for example, a chiropractor can't fuse it back together, and you'll need physical therapy to rebuild and retrain atrophied muscles. But for most work injuries and symptoms, chiropractic care is a preferred option because it tackles the root cause instead of merely ameliorating symptoms.
Paying For Work Injury Treatment in Pleasant Lake, MN
Because of Minnesota Statute 176.135, employers are legally obligated to provide medical benefits to employees after a work injury through workers' compensation, including chiropractic care. That includes covering transportation expenses (gas miles, Uber or Lyft, public transportation, etc...), costs of obtaining medical records, and other out-of-pocket expenses.
Usually, injured employees in Minnesota are allowed to choose the healthcare provider they want. To see why you should choose our team for your work injury treatment in Pleasant Lake, MN, check out our 5-Star reviews on Google, our patient testimonials, or read why we think we're among the best chiropractors in Minnesota.
Other conditions and injuries we treat in Pleasant Lake, MN include:
- Herniated Disc Treatment
- Family Chiropractic
- Massage Therapy
- Headache Relief
- Auto Accident Chiropractors Near Me
- Chiropractic Adjustment
- Whiplash Treatment
- Migraine Treatment
Call Total Spine For Your Work Injury Treatment in Pleasant Lake, MN
Our objectives are simple: provide meaningful pain relief, improve your total health, and help our Pleasant Lake, MN communities discover the wonderful benefits of chiropractic care. Call Total Spine today at (763) 568-7869 or schedule an appointment for your work injury treatment in Pleasant Lake, MN.