Whiplash Treatment in Pleasant Lake, MN
Whiplash Treatment Pleasant Lake, MN. While estimates vary, we know that whiplash injuries happen to at least one million people every year in the United States alone. Though many of whiplash injuries are mild, without prompt, targeted whiplash treatment in the Pleasant Lake, MN area, you may be at risk of developing serious chronic complications or long-term symptoms.
Total Spine Health and Injury Center is a Pleasant Lake, MN area chiropractic office staffed by a whiplash treatment team near Pleasant Lake, MN with the clinical experience and practical knowledge to offer care that treats your whiplash injury at its source rather than simply masking your symptoms. Protect yourself from countless years of pain, limitations, and other significant medical conditions; get Pleasant Lake, MN chiropractic whiplash treatment from our compassionate chiropractic team. Reach us now at (763) 568-7869, contact us online, or book an appointment near Pleasant Lake, MN today.
Do I need whiplash treatment in Pleasant Lake, MN?
If you believe you have a whiplash injury and are experiencing symptoms, you may need Pleasant Lake, MN whiplash treatment. Whiplash is a term referring to a soft tissue injury to the neck caused by sudden hyperextension and hyperflexion (back and forth motion, like the motion of a whip) and can also be referred to as a neck sprain or strain. Whiplash injuries can range in severity and scope. After a whiplash injury, you may experience as little as soreness for a handful of days or could develop chronic pain or serious complications. After sustaining a whiplash injury, it is critical to get a medical evaluation to learn whether you need Pleasant Lake, MN whiplash treatment.
If you are living with neck pain and tightness or any other whiplash symptoms, seeing a chiropractor can be an excellent treatment decision. Find out whether you require whiplash treatment by learning about the causes and symptoms of whiplash below.
Whiplash is most commonly a result of:
- Auto accidents. Car accidents and other motor vehicle accidents are the most common cause of whiplash injuries, and whiplash injuries are highly likely in certain types of auto accidents — namely rear-end collisions. 90% of injuries in rear-end accidents are neck injuries including whiplash. These injuries actually most often occur in crashes that happen at speeds of 25 miles per hour or less. Whiplash injuries can happen in crashes at speeds as low as 5 to 10 miles per hour.
- Contact sports. Whiplash injuries can occur in sports where the body may start or stop traveling suddenly, including most contact sports (football, soccer, basketball, boxing, wrestling, etc.) and some other sports like diving. Fortunately, while athletes like football players and boxers are at risk of whiplash, these kinds of whiplash injuries are rarely serious or permanent.
- Physical assault. Sadly, our Pleasant Lake, MN whiplash treatment doctors see some whiplash patients who have been injured due to some type of physical abuse. They may have sustained a whiplash injury in an accident, an altercation, or domestic violence attacks when the victim is pushed, punched, or shaken. Shaken baby syndrome involves whiplash in infants and can cause devastating, often fatal conditions such as infantile subdural haematoma. Our Pleasant Lake, MN chiropractors have experience safely treating young children for whom chiropractic care is appropriate.
- Falls. Falling from a higher surface to a lower surface or falling from a ride such as a horse or ATV can also cause whiplash injuries.
This is not a complete list of whiplash causes. In any event, if your head and neck were abruptly thrown forward and backward, you might have a whiplash injury. Understanding what symptoms to look out for and how whiplash is diagnosed can help you determine whether whiplash treatment like Pleasant Lake, MN chiropractic care can benefit you.
After getting a whiplash injury, some common symptoms you might experience are:
- Neck soreness
- Neck stiffness
- Neck pain that is exacerbated with movement
- Loss of range of motion in the neck
- Soreness or pain in the shoulders, upper back, and arms
- Tingling or numbness
In addition to the common symptoms of whiplash listed above, you may experience nervous system symptoms such as blurred vision, memory and ability to concentrate, or tinnitus. If you begin to notice symptoms like these, look to your Pleasant Lake, MN chiropractor or physician for help finding the proper care for your whiplash symptoms.
Some cases of whiplash are manageable and resolve naturally on their own. These patients should look to home whiplash treatment methods like using heat and over-the-counter medications. Call a whiplash treatment chiropractor or another doctor in the Pleasant Lake, MN area at (763) 568-7869 if symptoms take a turn for the worse after a period of improvement or continue more than two weeks after your injury.
However, other cases are more serious. If you experience symptoms that significantly affect your ability to enjoy life, you should make whiplash treatment appointment from our chiropractor today. It is also important to receive chiropractic or other whiplash treatment if you are living with long-term whiplash symptoms. Chronic disorders are inordinately common among whiplash victims, with 90% of victims reporting symptoms one to two years after the date of injury and a jarring 55% reporting symptoms 17 years later. Your ability to move on from this injury and avoiding a lifetime of pain and debilitating conditions is heavily dependent upon getting quick, effective whiplash treatment in Pleasant Lake, MN right away after sustaining your injury. Contact the Total Spine Health and Injury Center's Pleasant Lake, MN whiplash treatment providers for skilled attention for your whiplash right away.
Pleasant Lake, MN Whiplash Treatment
You need a whiplash treatment plan in Pleasant Lake, MN that is catered to your injury and personal goals. It is important that you find a whiplash treatment professional in Pleasant Lake, MN whom you trust and who will take the time to develop a personalized treatment plan for you. Total Spine Health and Injury Center provides individuals in Pleasant Lake, MN who have been injured with modern, evidence-based treatment practices from accomplished treatment providers in our private, modern, and clean facilitye. Schedule an appointment for Pleasant Lake, MN whiplash treatment from one of the top area chiropractors now.
Chiropractic care is one of the recommended treatments for whiplash. Other target="_blank" rel="nofollow noreferrer noopener">whiplash treatment suggestions include ice and heat, anti-inflammatory or muscle relaxant drugs, steroid injections, and exercises or physical therapy. Compared to these other strategies, chiropractic care is distinct in that it addresses the underlying cause of the whiplash injury instead of treating or masking the surface symptoms.
Total Spine Health and Injury Center treats patients young and old who have a wide variety of needs, priorities, and conditions near Pleasant Lake, MN. The Total Spine Pleasant Lake, MN chiropractic and massage therapy team stays up to date on the latest accepted chiropractic practices and draws from extensive education and clinical experience to perform the best possible chiropractic treatment. Our treatment team has experience successfully treating many different conditions, including:
- Herniated Disc Treatment
- Work Injury Treatment
- Family Chiropractic
- Massage Therapy
- Headache Relief
- Auto Accident Chiropractors Near Me
- Chiropractic Adjustment
- Migraine Treatment
What techniques with my whiplash treatment chiropractor use?
- Spinal manipulation - Spinal manipulations will almost certainly be a part of your Pleasant Lake, MN whiplash treatment plan. Using their hands to gently manipulate your joints, your doctor will to increase blood flow and range of motion and reduce pain and tightness.
- Soft-tissue manipulation - Along with spinal manipulations, your Pleasant Lake, MN chiropractor may use their hands and/or instruments to gently manipulate the soft tissues in the affected areas.
- Manual resistance/stretching - Muscle energy therapy and other joint therapies will help loosen up tightness and soreness in the joints in your neck, shoulders, and back.
- Trigger point therapy - Your whiplash treatment chiropractor will identify tight points along the spine and other joints called subluxations, and the tension can be released by applying deep, targeted pressure.
- Interferential electrical stimulation - This chiropractic treatment technique uses a device that sends low-frequency electrical current to the muscles, reducing inflammation associated with whiplash.
- Ultrasound - Your Pleasant Lake, MN whiplash treatment chiropractor might employ ultrasound technology, which can reduce muscle spasms, stiffness, and pain by fostering better blood circulation.
- Massage therapy - Our chiropractors and certified massage therapist will administer therapeutic massage to the affected and surrounding areas of the body to loosen tension and offer pain relief.
You need an experienced and knowledgeable chiropractor on your whiplash treatment team near Pleasant Lake, MN. Care for your future self by beginning quality chiropractic whiplash treatment now to address the source of your whiplash injury and avoid a lifetime of pain and other whiplash symptoms. Begin your recovery today with Total Spine Health and Injury Center near Pleasant Lake, MN. Schedule an appointment online now.
Get Pleasant Lake, MN Chiropractic Whiplash Treatment: Total Spine Health and Injury Center
Access quality whiplash treatment from trusted Pleasant Lake, MN area chiropractors after sustaining a whiplash injury in a car wreck, sports incident, or another type of accident. The doctors and massage therapists at Total Spine Health and Injury Center near Pleasant Lake, MN will be personally invested in your whiplash treatment chiropractic care and will treat the underlying source of your symptoms. Learn more about our modern, private chiropractic office in Maple Grove and what to expect from your first visit or contact our Pleasant Lake, MN chiropractic office today to begin your whiplash injury recovery.