Migraine Treatment near Richfield, MN
Migraine Treatment near Richfield, MN. If you have ever had a migraine, you understand the urgency of needing to find effective Richfield, MN migraine treatment. Migraines affect millions of Americans including Richfield, MN every year, many of whom experience a migraine so severe that it disrupts their ability to work and function. If you have migraines in Richfield, MN and have tried multiple treatment methods with little success, you are not alone. Getting chiropractic care from a chiropractor in Richfield, MN may be the intervention you need.
If you suffer from migraines and need a migraine treatment solution that works, try Total Spine Health and Injury Center in Maple Grove, MN. Our chiropractic team near Richfield, MN provides private, individualized care in our sleek, modern, and comfortable offices. Find out how the Total Spine migraine treatment team can help you by contacting us to speak to our team or making your first appointment now.
Migraine Treatment Richfield, MN: Understanding Migraines
A migraine is not just a bad headache. The neurological condition is typically (but not always) associated with strong headaches, but also brings with it any number of a variety of other symptoms.
There is still a lot we do not know about migraines, which is why there is no one widely accepted, effective migraine treatment recommended by the medical community. What we know about migraines is that they involve hormone and neurotransmitter activity, and the narrowing of blood vessels in the brain in response to hormone activity can contribute to migraine pain.
Finding the right Richfield, MN migraine treatment for you could depend upon determining the cause of your migraines and the onset of attacks. When you turn to our Richfield, MN chiropractors for migraine treatment, your Richfield, MN migraine treatment team will start by assessing your unique case, considering the symptoms you experience and the triggers that bring on attacks.
Prevalence of Migraines
- One billion people in the world have migraines.
- In any given 3 month period, it is estimated that one out of 5 women and one out of six people in the United States suffer from migraines.
- Migraines and headaches are the fourth leading cause of seeking emergency medical care.
- Migraines disproportionately affect unemployed adults, families living in poverty, and adults up to 44 years of age.
- About a third of people who get migraines (31.1%) have three or more migraines per month.
- 53.7% of individuals who live with migraines have such severe migraine symptoms that they are confined to bedrest or experience temporary disability.
- In the US, migraines cost $13 billion due to lost labor and productivity each year
Migraine Treatment in Richfield, MN: Recognizing the Symptoms
There are a variety of different symptoms you might encounter when you have a migraine. Below we have listed a few common symptoms. If you have been diagnosed with migraines, have genetic family members with migraines, or have had any of the following symptoms, you may be a good candidate for Richfield, MN chiropractic migraine treatment.
- Intrusive throbbing or dull aching pain on one or both sides of your head
- Pain that worsens when you exert yourself
- Nausea or vomiting
- Numbness or tingling
- Blurred vision, tunnel vision, or blind spots
- Difficulty speaking
- Feeling drained
- Stuffy nose
- Cold sweats or hot flashes
- Stiff or tender neck
- Tender scalp
A migraine attack is broken into four distinct stages: prodrome, aura, headache and postdrome. From prodrome to postdrome, it can take anywhere from 8 to 72 hours for the migraine to run its course.
Not every migraine sufferer experiences all four stages, and some patients have symptoms from more than one stage concurrently. Only about 30% of migraine sufferers experience the aura stage.
Migraine Treatment in Richfield, MN: Knowing Your Migraine Triggers
When you are in the market for migraine treatment that works, it is also beneficial to learn what you can do to avoid the onset of migraines in the meantime. Work with our migraine treatment chiropractors near Richfield, MN to understand the unique characteristics of your migraines and learn how to treat them. Our Richfield, MN migraine treatment doctor takes an individualized approach to caring for every patient.
If you know the excruciating pain and disfunction of migraine attacks, it is important to get migraine treatment from a professional near Richfield, MN as soon as possible. In addition to getting professional care to address the condition, you may be able to alleviate the frequency of attacks by identifying factors that trigger attacks.
- Bright lights
- Severe heat or cold
- Dramatic changes in barometric pressure
- Changes in hormone levels in female patients, like estrogen and progesterone fluctuations that occur during menstrual periods, pregnancy, or menopause
- Loud noises
- Expending physical energy
- Undernourishment or malnourishment
- Certain foods, i.e. salty and processed foods
- Getting too much or too little sleep
- Use of certain medications, like birth control or nitroglycerin
- Unusual smells
- Alcohol use
Chiropractic Migraine Treatment near Richfield, MN
When you trust our Richfield, MN chiropractors with your care, we will draw from an arsenal of treatment methods that may be effective treat your migraines. We take the time to understand your condition and goals so we can provide the Richfield, MN migraine treatments that are right for you.
Learn about a few of the chiropractic migraine treatment methods that have been successful for many Richfield, MN migraine patients.
- Spinal Manipulation - hands-on spinal adjustments. Spinal manipulations can address migraines by improving blood flow in the nervous system, aleviating nerve activity, and decreasing tightness and inflammation. Unlike many other popular migraine treatment options like medications, chiropractic spinal manipulations run minimal risk of side effects and complications.
- Massage therapy - hands-on muscle massaging. In Richfield, MN massage therapy for migraine treatment, your massage therapist will focus on releasing trigger points found in the back, shoulder, neck, and head. Massage therapy helps relax muscles, improve blood flow, and reduce stress. Massage therapy can also help treat migraines by alleviating any compressed nerves causing pain.
- Multidisciplinary approach - intervention through a comprehensive treatment plan. Our Richfield, MN migraine treatment chiropractors never focus on just one thing in the treatment of every patient. When you come to us for migraine treatment, we will work with you to develop a plan that works and addresses all aspects of migraines in your life. This could include the use of home exercises, relaxation techniques, stress management, dietary counseling, or lifestyle changes to help treat your migraines in Richfield, MN.
As with any treatment method or health care solution, there is no one-size-fits-all solution. What was effective for one person may not be the right choice for you. It is important that you consult with a chiropractic doctor or speak to your primary care doctor before trying a new migraine treatment method.
The Richfield, MN chiropractors of Total Spine Health and Injury Center pride themselves on providing private, individualized migraine treatment and other chiropractic and massage therapy services. We take the time to understand your condition, medical history, and general level of health to determine what chiropractic care, if any, is right for your migraine treatment needs.
Our Richfield, MN chiropractors, massage therapists, and customer service team have the skill and experience necessary to offer a full range of spinal health and chiropractic treatment services. In addition to migraine treatment, our team specializes in areas such as:
- Herniated Disc Treatment
- Work Injury Treatment
- Family Chiropractic
- Massage Therapy
- Headache Relief
- Auto Accident Chiropractors Near Me
- Chiropractic Adjustment
- Whiplash Treatment
Get Migraine Treatment near Richfield, MN Today
When you need effective migraine treatment, seeing a chiropractor can be incredibly helpful. Our Richfield, MN chiropractic migraine treatment doctors have seen great success in alleviating the symptoms and reducing the onset of attacks for countless Richfield, MN patients living with migraines. Our capable team will lead you in finding the best chiropractic care plan for your migraine treatment needs.
The chiropractors of Total Spine Health and Injury Center near Richfield, MN perform safe, effective, tailored migraine treatment using proven interventions. Call us today at (763) 568-7869 or schedule an appointment now.