Whiplash Treatment in Richfield, MN
Whiplash Treatment Richfield, MN. While estimates vary, we know that whiplash injuries affect more than one million people annually in the United States alone. While the majority of whiplash injuries can heal with minimal medical care, there is a very real risk of serious long-term consequences and disability on top of debilitating acute symptoms when you do not seek quality whiplash treatment in the Richfield, MN area after suffering a whiplash injury.
Total Spine Health and Injury Center is a Richfield, MN area chiropractic office staffed by a whiplash treatment team near Richfield, MN with the clinical experience and theoretically understanding to safely and effectively treat your whiplash injury at its source rather than simply masking your symptoms. Do not resign yourself to endless years of pain, limitations, and other significant problems; get Richfield, MN chiropractic whiplash treatment from our dedicated chiropractic team. Call us now at (763) 568-7869, contact us online, or book an appointment near Richfield, MN today.
Who needs whiplash treatment in Richfield, MN?
If you believe you have a whiplash injury and are experiencing symptoms, you may need Richfield, MN whiplash treatment. The term whiplash describes a soft tissue injury to the neck that happens when the head and neck are forced backward and forward and is also referred to as a neck sprain or strain. Whiplash injuries can range in severity and duration. After a whiplash injury, you may experience as little as soreness for a handful of days or could suffer from chronic pain or significant complications. It is wise to get medical attention after an injury like a whiplash injury to find out if a whiplash treatment plan is necessary for your recovery in Richfield, MN.
If you are living with neck pain and tightness or any other whiplash symptoms, seeing a chiropractor can be an excellent treatment option. Find out whether you require whiplash treatment by familiarizing yourself with whiplash causes and symptoms below.
Whiplash is most commonly a result of:
- Auto accidents. The majority of whiplash injuries occur in car accidents and other auto accidents, and rear-end collisions are the most common type of car accident to cause whiplash injuries. 90% of rear-end accident injuries are whiplash and other neck injuries. These injuries actually most often take place during lower speed crashes under 25 miles per hour, with whiplash injuries resulting from crashes at speeds as low as 5 to 10 miles per hour.
- Contact sports. Whiplash injuries are a risk in sports in which the body can abruptly stop or start moving by force, such as most contact sports (football, soccer, basketball, boxing, wrestling, etc.) and even other sports like diving. Fortunately, while whiplash is common in football players and other athletes exposed to high-force collisions between players, whiplash sports injuries are seldom serious or permanent.
- Physical assault. Sadly, our Richfield, MN whiplash treatment doctors see some whiplash patients who have been injured because of some type of physical abuse. They may have sustained a whiplash injury in an accident, an altercation, or domestic violence attacks when the victim is pushed, punched, or shaken. Shaken baby syndrome involves whiplash in infants and can lead to devastating, often fatal conditions such as infantile subdural haematoma. The Total Spine Richfield, MN chiropractors have cared for young children for whom chiropractic care is appropriate.
- Falls. Falls, such as falling from a height or being thrown from a horse, bicycle, or motorcycle, can also result in whiplash injuries.
This is not an exhaustive list of whiplash causes. In any event, if any kind of fall, impact, or other accident violently threw your head back and forth, you might have suffered a whiplash injury. Learn more about whiplash symptoms and diagnosing methods to determine whether whiplash treatment like Richfield, MN chiropractic care can benefit you.
If you have a whiplash injury, you may experience these symptoms:
- Soreness in the neck
- Neck stiffness
- Neck pain that is exacerbated with movement
- Loss of range of motion in the neck
- Soreness or pain in the shoulders, upper back, and arms
- Arm or hand tingling or numbness
In addition to the common symptoms of whiplash listed above, you may experience additional symptoms such as blurred vision, memory and ability to concentrate, or tinnitus. If you experience symptoms like these, look to your Richfield, MN chiropractor or physician for help finding the best possible care for your whiplash symptoms.
Some cases of whiplash are manageable and dissipate naturally on their own. These patients should try home whiplash treatment strategies like heat/cold applications and over-the-counter medications. Call a whiplash treatment chiropractor or another doctor in the Richfield, MN area at (763) 568-7869 if your symptoms get worse after initially getting better or persist longer than two weeks after your injury.
Sometimes, though, whiplash is more serious. If you experience symptoms that significantly affect your ability to enjoy life, you should request whiplash treatment appointment from our chiropractor as soon as possible. It is also important to seek chiropractic or other whiplash treatment if you are living with long-term whiplash symptoms. Chronic disorders are alarmingly common among whiplash victims, with 90% of victims reporting symptoms one to two years after sustaining the injury and an unsettling 55% reporting symptoms an entire 17 years later. Your chance of making a full recovery and preventing a lifetime of pain and other conditions is heavily dependent upon getting quick, effective whiplash treatment in Richfield, MN as soon as possible after being injured. Contact the Richfield, MN whiplash treatment team at Total Spine Health and Injury Center for skilled attention for your whiplash condition right away.
Whiplash Treatment in Richfield, MN
You need a whiplash treatment plan in Richfield, MN that is personalized to your needs, goals, and characteristics of your injury. You need a whiplash treatment doctor in Richfield, MN whom you are comfortable with and who will take a dedicated, individualized approach to your treatment. Total Spine Health and Injury Center provides individuals in Richfield, MN who have been injured with modern, evidence-based treatment practices performed by practiced treatment providers in a safe, private, clean facilitye. Book an appointment for whiplash treatment from a leading Richfield, MN chiropractor immediately.
Chiropractic care is one of the recommended treatments for whiplash, among additional target="_blank" rel="nofollow noreferrer noopener">whiplash treatment strategies such as ice and heat, NSAIDS or muscle relaxant drugs, steroid injections, and exercises or physical therapy. Compared to these other strategies, chiropractic care is distinct in that it treats the underlying cause of the whiplash injury instead of merely masking the surface symptoms.
Total Spine Health and Injury Center serves patients of all ages with a wide variety of needs, goals, and physical complaints near Richfield, MN. The Total Spine Richfield, MN chiropractic and massage therapy team stays ahead on the latest accepted chiropractic practices and draws from extensive education and clinical experience to perform the best possible chiropractic treatment. Our treatment team has experience successfully treating many different conditions, including:
- Herniated Disc Treatment
- Work Injury Treatment
- Family Chiropractic
- Massage Therapy
- Headache Relief
- Auto Accident Chiropractors Near Me
- Chiropractic Adjustment
- Migraine Treatment
What techniques with my whiplash treatment chiropractor use?
- Spinal manipulation - Spinal manipulations will almost certainly be a part of your Richfield, MN whiplash treatment plan. Using their hands to gently manipulate your joints, your doctor will to increase blood flow and range of motion and reduce pain and tightness.
- Soft-tissue manipulation - Along with spinal manipulations, your Richfield, MN chiropractor may gently manipulate the affected soft tissue.
- Manual resistance/stretching - Muscle energy therapy and other joint therapies will help release the tight and sore joints in your neck, shoulders, and back.
- Trigger point therapy - Your whiplash treatment chiropractor will identify tight points along the spine and other joints called subluxations, and the tension can be released by applying deep, targeted pressure.
- Interferential electrical stimulation - This chiropractic treatment technique uses a device that sends low-frequency electrical current to the muscles to reduce inflammation, which can help in whiplash treatment.
- Ultrasound - Your Richfield, MN whiplash treatment chiropractor may employ ultrasounds, which can reduce muscle spasms, stiffness, and pain by encouraging healthy blood circulation.
- Massage therapy - Our chiropractors and certified massage therapist will administer therapeutic massage to the affected and surrounding areas of the body to reduce tension and provide pain relief.
You need an experienced and knowledgeable chiropractor on your whiplash treatment team near Richfield, MN. Care for your future self by targeting your injury at the source with chiropractic whiplash treatment. Begin your recovery today with Total Spine Health and Injury Center near Richfield, MN. Make an appointment online now.
Leading Richfield, MN Chiropractic Whiplash Treatment: Total Spine Health and Injury Center
Access quality whiplash treatment from trusted Richfield, MN area chiropractors when you have been injured in a rear-end car accident, sports incident, or another type of accident. The doctors and massage therapists at Total Spine Health and Injury Center near Richfield, MN will be personally invested in your whiplash treatment chiropractic care and will use their skills to address the underlying source of your symptoms. Learn more about our modern, private chiropractic office in Maple Grove and what to expect from your first visit or contact our Richfield, MN chiropractic office today to start on your path to recovery from your whiplash injury.