Work Injury Treatment in Richfield, MN
Work injury treatment in Richfield, MN. Have you been injured on the job? Are you suffering from back pain, stiffness, disc injuries, or spinal misalignment? Do you want to feel better but are worried about invasive procedures or prescription medicine? Chiropractic care is your solution.
Beyond the limitations and pain a work injury causes, it also affects how you can put food on the table for your Richfield, MN loved ones. Chiropractic care has proven to be an effective work injury treatment for workers who are dealing with a variety of injuries throughout their musculoskeletal system, not just back pain. At Total Spine Health & Injury Center, we take a holistic view of your health so that you can both get back to work and feel better than you used to once you get there. For safe and successful work injury treatment in Richfield, MN, call Total Spine today at (763) 568-7869 or contact us online.
What Does A Work Injury Treatment Chiropractor In Richfield, MN Treat?
Typically, work injuries fall into one of four categories:
- Overuse injuries — These occur from carrying out the same movements for weeks, months, or years. These can include anything from carpal tunnel from working on a computer all day, non-specific back pain from standing all day, or a frozen shoulder from more physically intensive employment.
- Overexertion — Jobs that require more intensive physical activity, like construction or agriculture that require lifting, pulling, pushing, and carrying can cause acute injuries. Overexertion injuries are are responsible for the second most missed days from work, and often result in disc injuries and injuries to soft tissue.
- Falling injuries — Falls, slips, and trips are the third leading cause of missing days from work. Common injuries resulting from falls are sprains and strains, fractures, spinal misalignment, and nerve damage.
- Falling object injuries — Jobs that entail machinery put workers at heightened risk of being struck by a falling object. Common injuries include bruises, broken bones, soft tissue injuries, and traumatic brain injuries.
Experienced chiropractors are capable of treating work injuries not just affecting the back and spine, but soft tissue and brain injuries, and anything else that affects the muscles and nervous system. If a concussion causes persistent migraines, chiropractic care can also provide significant headache relief.
Work injuries we frequently treat in Richfield, MN include:
- Spinal issues
- Carpal tunnel
- Disc injuries
- Pinched nerves
- Back pain
- Neck pain
- Whiplash injuries
- Shoulder pain
- Arm and leg pain
- Myofascial pain
How Do Chiropractors Treat Work Injuries in Richfield, MN?
How we treat your injuries in Richfield, MN will be based on your injury, job, medical history, and the lifestyle you wish to return to. We'll go over the events surrounding your injury, or if you don't know what's causing your symptoms, work with you to discover what's causing them. After we get to know you, we'll perform a physical examination, and perform what imaging tests or motion study analysis we think would be beneficial. Then, we'll determine how to best get you back to work. Chiropractic care for workplace injuries generally includes chiropractic adjustments, also known as spinal manipulation, and massage therapy.
Spinal adjustments are carried out by numerous chiropractic techniques that involve short, quick thrusts to targeted areas. A common misconception is that chiropractors "pop bones back in place." Work injuries interrupt how vertebrae and joints function properly, and chiropractors release tensions interfering with how the body works. Spinal adjustments help patients reach optimal functionality and help your body work in concert, and symptoms are relieved by relieving the stress an injury places on the nervous system.
Massage therapy helps by encouraging blood flow to and relieving tight muscles and encourage the breakdown of scar tissue caused by an injury. One of the oldest forms of alternative medicine in the world, massage therapy is proven to improve your mood, increase blood flow, and offer innumerable other benefits.
At Total Spine, we'll develop a treatment plan that takes your overall health into account. We'll offer exercise, nutrition, and other suggestions to help your work injury treatment in Richfield, MN go as smoothly as it can and improve your long-term health.
What Our Chiropractic Care Offers For Your Work Injury Treatment in Richfield, MN
Chiropractors offer innumerable benefits that not only help in work injury treatment, but improve how you feel everyday. With our Richfield, MN chiropractors, you'll enjoy:
- Feeling better than you did before — In addition to reducing pain, chiropractic care can improve range of motion, lower blood pressure, and can improve digestion and even improve brain activity.
- Patient education — We'll help you understand the nature of your injuries and how you can achieve optimal functionality in order to stay healthy and perform at work better than ever. We'll teach you about tips for lifting and other ways to avoid another work injury in the future. Correct posture is vital for injury prevention.
- Chiropractic for arms, legs, hands, and feet — While chiropractors are associated with the back and spine, a professional chiropractor will also be able to treat your arms, legs, hands, and feet. Chiropractors have a deep grasp of the musculoskeletal system, and the principles that apply to the joints, muscles, ligaments, tendons, and nerves in your back apply to the rest of your body as well.
- Chiropractic maintenance — "Maintenance" is also known as "wellness" care. Maintenance comes after the acute issue, and ensures that you stay at optimal health and can protect your body from the physical stress of your line of work. Many of our Richfield, MN work injury patients schedule maintenance after they recover once they discover the benefits of chiropractic care.
Is Chiropractic Care a Better Work Injury Treatment Plan Than Other Options?
Based on research from the Journal of Manipulative and Physiological Therapeutics, workers missed less time away from work when treated by a doctor of chiropractic than when treated by a medical doctor or osteopathic doctor. Chiropractic care is also a great option for avoiding the need for surgery and reducing the risk of prescription drug dependency.
Chiropractic can't heal every single injury. We can't make fractures suddenly come back together, and you'll need physical therapy to rebuild and retrain atrophied muscles. But for most work injuries and symptoms, chiropractic care works because it tackles the underlying issue instead of merely masking symptoms.
Paying For Work Injury Treatment in Richfield, MN
Under Minnesota Law, employers must provide medical benefits to employees after a work injury through workers' compensation, including chiropractic care. They also need to pay for transportation expenses (gas miles, Uber or Lyft, public transportation, etc...), costs of obtaining medical records, and other out-of-pocket expenses.
In most cases, workers in Minnesota have wide leeway in choosing which healthcare provider they want to treat them. To discover why you should choose our team for your work injury treatment in Richfield, MN, check out our 5-Star reviews on Google, our client testimonials, or read why we think we're among the best chiropractors in Minnesota.
Other conditions and injuries we treat in Richfield, MN include:
- Herniated Disc Treatment
- Family Chiropractic
- Massage Therapy
- Headache Relief
- Auto Accident Chiropractors Near Me
- Chiropractic Adjustment
- Whiplash Treatment
- Migraine Treatment
Call Total Spine For Your Work Injury Treatment in Richfield, MN
We have three main goals: provide meaningful pain relief, boost your long-term wellness, and help our Richfield, MN friends and family discover the remarkable benefits of chiropractic can have for our health and wellness. Call Total Spine today at (763) 568-7869 or request an appointment for your work injury treatment in Richfield, MN.