Migraine Treatment near Robbinsdale, MN
Migraine Treatment near Robbinsdale, MN. If you have ever had a migraine, you know how dire it is to find effective Robbinsdale, MN migraine treatment. Migraines , which can be so severe as to cause disability and disfunction, affect millions of people in the US every year. If you have migraines in Robbinsdale, MN and have not had success with the many solutions you have tried, you are not alone. Seeing a chiropractor in Robbinsdale, MN may be the answer.
If you are sick of dealing with migraines, whether mildly annoying or the cause of several days of missed work, try migraine treatment at Total Spine Health and Injury Center in Maple Grove, MN. Our chiropractic team near Robbinsdale, MN provides private, individualized care in a clean and modern clinic. Find out how the Total Spine migraine treatment team can help you by contacting us to consult with a specialist or making your first appointment now.
Migraine Treatment Robbinsdale, MN: Understanding Migraines
A migraine is not just a bad headache. The neurological condition is typically (but not always) associated with strong headaches, but also brings with it any number of a variety of other symptoms.
Unfortunately, we still do not know everything there is to know about migraines, which is why there is no one widely accepted, effective migraine treatment recommended by the medical community. We do know, however, that hormones and neurotransmitters play a role in migraines, and the narrowing of blood vessels in the brain in response to hormone activity can contribute to migraine pain.
Finding the right Robbinsdale, MN migraine treatment for you could depend upon determining the cause of your migraines and the onset of attacks. When you turn to our Robbinsdale, MN chiropractors for migraine treatment, your Robbinsdale, MN migraine treatment team will start by assessing your unique case, analyzing your symptoms and triggers.
Prevalence of Migraines
Migraines affect one billion people worldwide.
- One out of 5 women and one out of six Americans have experienced migraines within the last three months.
- Migraines and headaches are the number four cause of emergency room visits.
- Migraines disproportionately affect unemployed adults, low-income households, and young and middle aged adults up to 44 years of age.
- Of those who have had migraines, 31.1% have three or more migraines per month.
- 53.7% of people who live with migraines have such severe migraine symptoms that they are confined to bedrest or experience temporary disability.
- In the US, migraines cost $13 billion in lost labor and productivity every year
Migraine Treatment in Robbinsdale, MN: Understanding the Symptoms
There are numerous different symptoms you might encounter when you have a migraine. Below we have listed a few common symptoms. If you experience any of the symptoms listed below and believe you suffer from migraines, you may be a good candidate for Robbinsdale, MN chiropractic migraine treatment.
- Intense throbbing or dull aching pain either on one side or both sides of your head
- Pain that gets stronger when you exert yourself
- Nausea or vomiting
- Numbness or tingling
- Vision changes, including blurred vision or blind spots
- Difficulty speaking
- Feeling tired and/or confused
- Stuffy nose
- Feeling cold or sweaty
- Neck soreness, stiffness, or tightness
- Scalp that is tender to the touch
The migraine episode consists of four distinct phases: prodrome, aura, headache and postdrome. From prodrome to postdrome, it can take anywhere from 8 to 72 hours for the migraine to run its course.
Not every migraine sufferer experiences all four stages, and some experience symptoms from more than one stage at the same time. Auras are not incredibly common, experienced by around 30% of migraine sufferers.
Migraine Treatment in Robbinsdale, MN: What are my Migraine Triggers?
When you are in the market for migraine treatment that works, you can also benefit from learning about anything actions you can take to prevent migraine attacks from beginning. Work with our migraine treatment chiropractors near Robbinsdale, MN to understand the unique characteristics of your migraines and learn how to treat them. Our Robbinsdale, MN migraine treatment doctor takes an individualized approach to treating every patient.
If you live in constant fear of when the next debilitating migraine will strike, act now and get migraine treatment from a professional near Robbinsdale, MN as soon as possible. In addition to getting professional care to address the condition, you may find that you can reduce the frequency of attacks by identifying factors that trigger attacks.
- Exposure to bright lights
- Severe temperatures
- Dramatic changes in barometric pressure
- For female patients, hormonal changes such as estrogen and progesterone fluctuations that occur during menstrual periods, pregnancy, or menopause
- Loud noises
- Skipping meals
- Certain foods, such as salty and processed foods
- Getting too much or too little sleep
- Some medications, like birth control or nitroglycerin
- Strange smells
- Alcohol use
Chiropractic Migraine Treatment near Robbinsdale, MN
Your Robbinsdale, MN chiropractor has a multitude of treatment modalities at their disposal that may help in addressing the source of your migraines. We take the time to understand your condition and goals so we can provide the best possible Robbinsdale, MN migraine treatment.
Below are some of the chiropractic migraine treatment methods that have been successful for many Robbinsdale, MN migraine patients.
- Spinal Manipulation - hands-on spinal adjustments. Spinal manipulations can treat migraines by improving blood flow throughout the nervous system, affecting the way nerves send signals from the body to the brain, and reducing tightness and inflammation. Unlike many other popular migraine treatment options like medications, chiropractic spinal manipulations carry minimal risk of side effects and complications.
- Massage therapy - manual massaging of the muscles. In Robbinsdale, MN massage therapy for migraine treatment, your massage therapist will focus on releasing trigger points throughout the back, shoulder, neck, and head. Massage therapy helps relax muscles, improve blood flow, and reduce stress. Massage therapy also provides relief to compressed nerves that can cause pain and contribute to migraine pain.
- Multidisciplinary approach - intervention through a comprehensive treatment plan. Our Robbinsdale, MN migraine treatment chiropractors never focus on just one thing when treating a patient. When you come to us for migraine treatment, we will put together a plan that works and addresses all aspects of migraines in your life. This could include the use of home exercises, relaxation techniques, stress management, dietary counseling, or lifestyle changes to help treat your migraines in Robbinsdale, MN.
As with any treatment method or health care solution, there is no specific solution that works for everyone. What worked well for one person may not be effective for you. Be safe and make sure to check with a chiropractor or speak to your primary care doctor before trying a new migraine treatment method.
The Robbinsdale, MN chiropractors of Total Spine Health and Injury Center specialize in offering custom, individualized migraine treatment and other chiropractic and massage therapy services. We take care to understand your condition, medical history, and general level of health to determine what chiropractic care, if any, is right for your migraine treatment needs.
Our Robbinsdale, MN chiropractors, massage therapists, and customer service team have the skill and experience necessary to offer a full range of spinal health and chiropractic treatment services. In addition to migraine treatment, our team specializes in areas such as:
Get Migraine Treatment near Robbinsdale, MN Today
When you need effective migraine treatment, chiropractic care can be incredibly helpful. Our Robbinsdale, MN chiropractic migraine treatment doctors have seen great success in alleviating the symptoms and minimizing the onset of attacks for countless Robbinsdale, MN patients living with migraines. Our capable team will lead you in finding the best chiropractic treatment plan for your migraine treatment needs.
The chiropractors of Total Spine Health and Injury Center near Robbinsdale, MN will provide safe, effective, tailored migraine treatment using evidence-based interventions. Call us today at (763) 568-7869 or make an appointment now.