Migraine Treatment near Robbinsdale, MN
Migraine Treatment near Robbinsdale, MN. If you have ever had a migraine, you know how dire it is to find effective Robbinsdale, MN migraine treatment. Migraines affect millions of people in the United States including Robbinsdale, MN every year, many of whom experience a migraine so severe that it disrupts their ability to work and function. If you have migraines in Robbinsdale, MN and have tried multiple treatment methods with little success, you are not alone. Seeing a chiropractor in Robbinsdale, MN may be the intervention you need.
If you suffer from migraines and need a migraine treatment solution that works, try Total Spine Health and Injury Center in Maple Grove, MN. Our chiropractic team near Robbinsdale, MN offers private, individualized care in our sleek, modern, and comfortable offices. Find out how the Total Spine migraine treatment team can help you by contacting us to consult with our team or scheduling your first appointment now.
Migraine Treatment Robbinsdale, MN: About Migraines
A migraine is not just a bad headache. The neurological condition is typically (but not always) associated with strong headaches, but also brings with it any number of a variety of other symptoms.
There is still a lot we do not know about migraines, which explains why there is little consensus from the medical community on the best and most effective migraine treatment. What we know about migraines is that they involve hormone and neurotransmitter activity, and the narrowing of blood vessels in the brain in response to hormone activity can contribute to migraine pain.
Understanding the mechanisms and root cause behind your migraines is critical to accessing the right Robbinsdale, MN migraine treatment. When you turn to our Robbinsdale, MN chiropractors for migraine treatment, your Robbinsdale, MN migraine treatment team will first work to evaluate your unique case, considering the symptoms you experience and the triggers that bring on attacks.
Prevalence of Migraines
- Migraines affect one billion people worldwide.
- In any given 3 month period, approximately one out of 5 women and one out of six Americans suffer from migraines.
- Migraines and headaches are the fourth leading cause of seeking emergency medical care.
- Groups most affected by migraines are unemployed adults, families living in poverty, and young and middle aged adults up to 44 years of age.
- About a third of people who get migraines (31.1%) have at least three migraines per month.
- 53.7% of people who experience migraines have been unable to function or unable to get out of bed due to the severity of their migraines.
- In the US, migraines cost $13 billion due to lost labor and productivity each year
Migraine Treatment in Robbinsdale, MN: Understanding the Symptoms
Your migraine may come with any number of a variety of symptoms associated with the condition. Below are just a few common symptoms. If you have been diagnosed with migraines, have genetic family members with migraines, or have had any of the following symptoms, you may be a good candidate for Robbinsdale, MN chiropractic migraine treatment.
- Intrusive throbbing or dull aching pain either on one side or both sides of your head
- Pain that gets worse when you exert yourself
- Nausea or vomiting
- Numbness or tingling
- Changes in how you see, including blurred vision or blind spots
- Difficulty speaking
- Stuffy nose
- Feeling cold or sweaty
- Stiff or tender neck
- Tender scalp
A migraine attack is broken into four distinct stages: prodrome, aura, headache and postdrome. From prodrome to postdrome, it can take anywhere from 8 to 72 hours for the migraine to run its course.
Not every migraine sufferer experiences all four stages, and some patients have symptoms from more than one stage at once. Only about 30% of migraine sufferers experience the aura stage.
Migraine Treatment in Robbinsdale, MN: What are my Migraine Triggers?
When you are in the market for migraine treatment that works, it is also beneficial to learn about anything actions you can take to avoid migraine attacks from beginning. By working with our migraine treatment chiropractor near Robbinsdale, MN, you will get to understand the unique characteristics of your migraines and learn how to treat them. Our Robbinsdale, MN migraine treatment doctor takes an individualized approach to treating every patient.
If you know the excruciating pain and disfunction of migraine attacks, it is important to get migraine treatment from a professional near Robbinsdale, MN as soon as possible. At the same time, you may find that you can reduce the recurrence of attacks by identifying triggers that bring on attacks.
- Exposure to bright lights
- Extreme temperatures
- Dramatic changes in barometric pressure
- For female patients, hormonal changes such as estrogen and progesterone fluctuations that take place during menstrual periods, pregnancy, or menopause
- Loud noises
- Physical exertion
- Undernourishment or malnourishment
- Certain foods, such as salty and processed foods
- Getting too much or too little sleep
- Some medications, like birth control or nitroglycerin
- Strange smells
- Alcohol consumption
Chiropractic Migraine Treatment near Robbinsdale, MN
When you trust our Robbinsdale, MN chiropractors with your care, we will draw from an arsenal of treatment methods that may help treat your migraines. We will work closely with you to understand your condition and goals so we can provide the Robbinsdale, MN migraine treatments that are right for you.
Learn about some of the chiropractic migraine treatment methods that have been effective for many Robbinsdale, MN migraine patients.
- Spinal Manipulation - hands-on adjustments to the spine. Spinal manipulations can address migraines by impacting blood flow in the nervous system, affecting the way nerves send signals from the body to the brain, and reducing tightness and inflammation. Unlike other possible migraine treatment options like medications, chiropractic spinal manipulations carry little risk of side effects and complications.
- Massage therapy - hands-on muscle massaging. In Robbinsdale, MN massage therapy for migraine treatment, we pay special attention to releasing trigger points found in the back, shoulder, neck, and head. Massage therapy helps relax muscles, improve blood flow, and reduce stress. Massage therapy also provides relief to compressed nerves that can cause pain and contribute to migraine pain.
- Multidisciplinary approach - looking at the big picture to provide comprehensive intervention for your migraines. Our Robbinsdale, MN migraine treatment chiropractors always consider all interconnected factors when treating a patient. For migraine treatment patients, we will work with you to develop a plan that works and addresses all aspects of migraines in your life. This could include the use of home exercises, relaxation techniques, stress management, dietary counseling, or lifestyle changes to help treat your migraines in Robbinsdale, MN.
As always, there is no specific solution that works for everyone. What was effective for one person may not be effective for you. It is important that you consult with a chiropractic doctor or talk to your primary care physician before trying a new migraine treatment method.
The Robbinsdale, MN chiropractors of Total Spine Health and Injury Center pride themselves on offering custom, individualized migraine treatment and other chiropractic and massage therapy services. We take the time to understand your condition, medical history, and general level of health to figure out what chiropractic care, if any, is right for your migraine treatment needs.
Our Robbinsdale, MN chiropractors, massage therapists, and customer service team have the skill and experience necessary to offer a full range of spinal health and chiropractic treatment services. In addition to migraine treatment, our team specializes in areas such as:
- Herniated Disc Treatment
- Work Injury Treatment
- Family Chiropractic
- Massage Therapy
- Headache Relief
- Auto Accident Chiropractors Near Me
- Chiropractic Adjustment
- Whiplash Treatment
Get Migraine Treatment near Robbinsdale, MN Today
When you need effective migraine treatment, chiropractic care can be incredibly helpful. Our Robbinsdale, MN chiropractic migraine treatment team has seen a lot of success in alleviating the symptoms and reducing the onset of episodes for countless Robbinsdale, MN patients living with migraines. Our capable team will formulate the best chiropractic care plan for your migraine treatment needs.
The chiropractors of Total Spine Health and Injury Center near Robbinsdale, MN perform safe, effective, tailored migraine treatment using evidence-based interventions. Call us today at (763) 568-7869 or schedule an appointment now.