Work Injury Treatment in Robbinsdale, MN
Work injury treatment in Robbinsdale, MN. Did you suffer an injury at work? Are you suffering from chronic pain or other symptoms? Do you need to recover but are worried about invasive procedures or prescription medicine? Chiropractic care may be your solution.
In addition to the physical pain a work injury causes, it also affects how you can provide for your Robbinsdale, MN loved ones. Chiropractic care has proven to be an effective work injury treatment for workers who are suffering a variety of injuries affecting any body part, not just symptoms affecting the back and neck. At Total Spine Health & Injury Center, we focus on your overall health so that you can both return to work and stay there. For safe and successful work injury treatment in Robbinsdale, MN, call Total Spine today at (763) 568-7869 or make an appointment.
What Does A Work Injury Treatment Chiropractor In Robbinsdale, MN Treat?
Typically, work injuries occur for one of four reasons:
- Overuse injuries — These occur from carrying out the same movements for long periods of time, day in and day out. Examples are carpal tunnel from using a keyboard all day, non-specific back pain from standing all day, or a pinched nerve in your back from more physically intensive employment.
- Overexertion — Jobs that are more physically active, like landscaping or mining, can lead someone to overexert themselves and become injured, especially if they're not properly trained or protected. Overexertion injuries are are responsible for the second most missed days from work, and often result in disc injuries and injuries to muscles, tendons, and ligaments.
- Falling injuries — Falls, slips, and trips are the third leading cause of missing days from work. Common injuries resulting from falls are sprains and strains, fractures, spinal injuries, and nerve damage.
- Injuries caused by falling objects — The risk of being hit by a falling object is also higher in jobs like construction. Examples of injuries include lesions, broken bones, strains, sprains, and traumatic brain injuries.
Licensed chiropractors can treat work injuries not just affecting the back and spine, but soft tissue and brain injuries, and anything else that affects the muscles and nervous system. If a concussion causes persistent migraines, chiropractors can also offer lasting headache relief.
Work injuries we frequently treat in Robbinsdale, MN include:
- Spinal injuries
- Carpal tunnel
- Disc injuries
- Pinched nerves
- Back pain
- Neck pain
- Whiplash injuries
- Shoulder pain
- Arm and leg pain
- Myofascial pain
What Can Chiropractic Care Do For My Work Injuries in Robbinsdale, MN?
Your work injury treatment from your Robbinsdale, MN chiropractor will be based on your injury, job, medical history, and the lifestyle you wish to get back to. We'll go over the events surrounding your injury, or if you don't know what's causing your symptoms, work backwards to discover the root cause. After our initial talk, we'll perform a physical examination, and conduct what imaging tests or motion study analysis we think we need to. Then, we'll develop your treatment plan. Chiropractic care for workplace injuries typically consists of chiropractic adjustments, also called spinal manipulation, and massage therapy.
Chiropractic manipulations are done through a variety of chiropractic techniques that involve quick and targeted thrusts to certain areas. A common mischaracterization is that chiropractors "pop bones back in place." Work injuries restrict movement of vertebrae and joints, and chiropractors let out muscle tension. In doing so, we help patients reach optimal functionality and ensure your body is functioning as a successful whole, and pain is relieved through freeing up your nervous system.
Massage therapy can treat an injury by encouraging blood flow to and relieving soft tissue and breaking down the scar tissue caused by an injury. Used to treat injuries for over 5,000 years, massage therapy is proven to improve your mood, increase blood flow, and offer countless other benefits.
At Total Spine, we'll come up with a treatment plan that takes your overall health into account. We'll offer exercise, nutrition, and other suggestions to help your work injury treatment in Robbinsdale, MN go as quickly as it can and improve your long-term health.
Benefits of Chiropractic Care for Work Injury Treatment in Robbinsdale, MN
Chiropractic care offers countless benefits that are not only effective for work injury treatment, but improve your overall life. With our Robbinsdale, MN chiropractors, you'll enjoy:
- Feeling better every day — Beyond just reducing pain, chiropractic care can help range of motion, improve blood pressure, and give you more energy and even increase brain function.
- Patient education — We'll teach you about symptoms and how you can achieve optimal movement health in order to stay injury free and perform at work better than ever. We can help you with posture correction and other useful strategies to stay safe on the job. Correct posture is imperative for injury prevention.
- Chiropractic for arms, legs, hands, and feet — While most people, possibly rightly so, immediately think of the back and spine when they think of chiropractic care, an experienced chiropractor will also be able to treat your extremities. Chiropractors have a deep understanding of the musculoskeletal system, and the same principles of pain relief and optimal function apply equally to the back and other body parts.
- Chiropractic maintenance — "Maintenance" can also be referred to as "wellness" care. Maintenance comes after the acute issue, and ensures that you stay at optimal health and can protect your body from the physical stress of your job. A lot of our Robbinsdale, MN work injury patients end up coming in for regular visits once they understand what chiropractic can do for their health and wellness.
Is Chiropractic Care a Better Work Injury Treatment Plan Than Other Options?
According to research from the Journal of Manipulative and Physiological Therapeutics, employees were able to return to work more quickly when treated by a doctor of chiropractic than when treated by a medical doctor or osteopathic doctor. According to the American Chiropractic Association, people with back injuries whose first point of contact is a medical doctor have a 42.7% chance of having surgery, compared to 1.5% for people who first see a chiropractor. Chiropractic care also decreases the need of opioids and prescription drugs.
Chiropractic isn't the best treatment plan for all injuries. If you break a bone, for example, a chiropractor can't fuse it back together, and you'll need physical therapy to rebuild and retrain atrophied muscles. But for most work injuries and symptoms, chiropractic care is a preferred option because it focuses on the root cause instead of merely masking symptoms.
Paying For Work Injury Treatment in Robbinsdale, MN
Under Minnesota Statute 176.135, employers must provide medical benefits to employees who get hurt at work through workers' compensation, including chiropractic care. They also need to cover transportation expenses (gas miles, taxis, public transportation, etc...), costs of obtaining medical records, and other out-of-pocket expenses.
In most cases, workers in Minnesota are allowed to choose the healthcare provider they want. To see why you should choose our team for your work injury treatment in Robbinsdale, MN, check out our 5-Star rating on Google, our patient testimonials, or read why we think we're among the best chiropractors in Minnesota.
Other conditions and injuries we treat in Robbinsdale, MN include:
- Herniated Disc Treatment
- Family Chiropractic
- Massage Therapy
- Headache Relief
- Auto Accident Chiropractors Near Me
- Chiropractic Adjustment
- Whiplash Treatment
- Migraine Treatment
Call Total Spine For Your Work Injury Treatment in Robbinsdale, MN
We have three main goals: provide meaningful pain relief, boost your overall health, and help our Robbinsdale, MN friends and family discover the extraordinary benefits of chiropractic can have for our health and wellness. Call Total Spine today at (763) 568-7869 or request an appointment for your work injury treatment in Robbinsdale, MN.