Whiplash Treatment in Robbinsdale, MN
Whiplash Treatment Robbinsdale, MN. While estimates vary, we know that whiplash injuries affect more than one million people every year in the United States alone. Though many of these cases can heal with minimal medical care, there is a very real risk of serious long-term consequences and disability on top of debilitating acute symptoms when you do not seek quality whiplash treatment in the Robbinsdale, MN area after suffering a whiplash injury.
The Robbinsdale, MN whiplash treatment team at Total Spine Health and Injury Center has the clinical experience and practical knowledge to offer care that addresses your whiplash injury at its source rather than only masking your symptoms. Protect yourself from decades of pain, disability, and other significant complications; get Robbinsdale, MN chiropractic whiplash treatment from our compassionate chiropractic team. Call us now at (763) 568-7869, contact us online, or book an appointment near Robbinsdale, MN today.
Do I need whiplash treatment in Robbinsdale, MN?
You may need Robbinsdale, MN whiplash treatment if you experienced a whiplash injury and are suffering from symptoms. The term whiplash describes a soft tissue neck injury that happens when the head and neck are forced backward and forward and is also referred to as a neck sprain or strain. Whiplash injuries can range in severity and duration. After a whiplash injury, you may notice a few days of soreness in the neck or could suffer from long-term pain or serious complications. After sustaining a whiplash injury, it is critical to seek medical attention to find out if a whiplash treatment plan is necessary for your recovery in Robbinsdale, MN.
If you are living with neck pain and tightness or any other whiplash symptoms, chiropractic care is an excellent treatment option. Find out whether you require whiplash treatment by familiarizing yourself with whiplash causes and symptoms below.
The most common causes of whiplash injuries are:
- Auto accidents. Car accidents and other traffic accidents are the most common cause of whiplash injuries, and rear-end collisions are the most common type of car accident to cause whiplash injuries. 90% of rear-end accident injuries are neck injuries including whiplash. These injuries actually most often take place during crashes that happen at speeds of 25 miles per hour or less, with whiplash injuries resulting from crashes at speeds as low as 5 to 10 miles per hour.
- Contact sports. Whiplash injuries can occur in sports where the body can start or stop traveling suddenly, including most contact sports (football, soccer, basketball, boxing, wrestling, etc.) and even other sports like diving. Fortunately, while athletes like football players and boxers are at risk of whiplash, whiplash sports injuries are seldom serious or permanent.
- Physical assault. Sadly, some individuals require whiplash treatment in Robbinsdale, MN because of some type of physical abuse. They may have sustained a whiplash injury in shaking, punching, or pushing in an accident, altercation, or domestic abuse incident. Shaken baby syndrome involves whiplash in infants and can cause tragic, often fatal conditions such as infantile subdural haematoma. Our Robbinsdale, MN chiropractors have cared for young children for whom chiropractic care is appropriate.
- Falls. Falling from a higher surface to a lower surface or falling from a ride such as a horse or ATV can also result in whiplash injuries.
This is not a complete list of whiplash causes. If your head and neck were abruptly thrown forward and backward, you might have a whiplash injury. Learn more about whiplash symptoms and diagnosing methods to determine if you need Robbinsdale, MN chiropractic care for whiplash treatment.
After getting a whiplash injury, some common symptoms you might experience are:
- Soreness in the neck
- Neck pain that is exacerbated with movement
- Loss of range of motion in the neck
- Soreness or pain in the shoulders or upper back and arms
- Arm or hand tingling or numbness
In addition to the common symptoms of whiplash listed above, you may experience nervous system symptoms such as blurred vision, memory and concentration problems, or tinnitus. If you begin to notice symptoms like these, work with your Robbinsdale, MN chiropractor or another doctor to get the best possible care for your whiplash symptoms.
Some cases of whiplash are manageable and dissipate naturally on their own. These patients should try home whiplash treatment methods like applying heat and OTC anti-inflammatory pain relievers. Call (763) 568-7869 to speak to a whiplash treatment chiropractor near Robbinsdale, MN if symptoms take a turn for the worse after a period of improvement or progress beyond two weeks after your injury.
However, other cases are more serious. If you experience symptoms that significantly disrupt your ability to enjoy life, you should make an appointment from our Robbinsdale, MN whiplash treatment chiropractor as soon as possible. You should also receive chiropractic or other whiplash treatment if you have developed chronic whiplash symptoms. Chronic disorders are inordinately prevalent for people with whiplash injuries. According to one peer-reviewed study, 90% of patients still have symptoms one to two years after sustaining the injury and a jarring 55% reporting symptoms 17 years later. Your chance of making a full recovery and avoiding years of chronic pain and other conditions is decided in part by whether you get prompt, efficacious whiplash treatment in Robbinsdale, MN as soon as possible after sustaining your injury. Contact the Robbinsdale, MN whiplash treatment team at Total Spine Health and Injury Center to receive skilled attention for your whiplash injury right away.
Robbinsdale, MN Whiplash Treatment
Your Robbinsdale, MN whiplash treatment plan should be personalized to your needs, goals, and characteristics of your injury. It is important that you find a whiplash treatment doctor in Robbinsdale, MN whom you trust and who will take the time to develop a personalized treatment plan for you. Total Spine Health and Injury Center provides individuals in Robbinsdale, MN who have been injured with modern, chiropractic care from seasoned treatment providers in our private, modern, and clean office settinge. Book an appointment for Robbinsdale, MN whiplash treatment from one of the top area chiropractors immediately.
Chiropractic care is one of the recommended treatments for whiplash, among additional target="_blank" rel="nofollow noreferrer noopener">whiplash treatment strategies such as ice and heat, anti-inflammatory or muscle relaxant drugs, steroids, and exercises or physical therapy. The difference between chiropractic and other strategies is that chiropractic care is distinct in that it treats the underlying cause of the whiplash injury rather than merely temporarily masking the symptoms on the surface.
Total Spine Health and Injury Center serves individuals young and old who have a wide variety of needs, priorities, and conditions near Robbinsdale, MN. Our Robbinsdale, MN chiropractic and massage therapy team stays up to date on the most contemporary chiropractic practices and refers to years of specialized education and experience treating patients to provide the best possible chiropractic care. Our treatment team has experience successfully treating many different conditions, including:
- Family Chiropractic
- Massage Therapy
- Headache Relief
- Auto Accident Chiropractors Near Me
- Chiropractic Adjustment
- Migraine Treatment
- Sciatica Pain Treatment
- Chiropractor Near Me
Chiropractic Care Techniques Used for Whiplash Treatment
- Spinal manipulation - Spinal manipulations will almost certainly be a part of your Robbinsdale, MN whiplash treatment plan. Using their hands to gently manipulate your joints, your doctor will to increase blood flow and range of motion and reduce pain and tightness.
- Soft-tissue manipulation - Along with spinal manipulations, your Robbinsdale, MN chiropractor may use their hands and/or instruments to gently manipulate the soft tissues in the affected areas.
- Manual resistance/stretching - Muscle energy therapy and other joint therapies will help release tightness and soreness in the neck, back, and shoulder joints.
- Trigger point therapy - Your whiplash treatment chiropractor will identify tight points along the spine and other joints called subluxations, and applying pressure on these points can be effective in releasing these tension.
- Interferential electrical stimulation - This chiropractic treatment technique uses a device that sends low-frequency electrical current to the muscles to reduce inflammation, which can help in whiplash treatment.
- Ultrasound - Your chiropractic whiplash treatment near Robbinsdale, MN may incorporate the use of ultrasounds, which has been shown to reduce muscle spasms, stiffness, and pain by encouraging healthy blood circulation.
- Massage therapy - Therapeutic massage by your chiropractor or our certified massage therapist can loosen tension and provide pain relief.
You need an experienced and knowledgeable chiropractor on your whiplash treatment team near Robbinsdale, MN. Care for your future self by targeting your injury at the source with chiropractic whiplash treatment. Take the first step toward your recovery today with Total Spine Health and Injury Center near Robbinsdale, MN. Make an appointment online now.
Leading Robbinsdale, MN Chiropractic Whiplash Treatment: Total Spine Health and Injury Center
Get expert whiplash treatment from trusted Robbinsdale, MN area chiropractors after sustaining a whiplash injury in a car wreck, sports incident, or another type of accident. The doctors and massage therapists at Total Spine Health and Injury Center near Robbinsdale, MN will take a personalized approach to your whiplash treatment chiropractic care and will use their skills to address the underlying cause of your symptoms. Learn more about our modern, private chiropractic office in Maple Grove and what to expect from your first visit or contact our Robbinsdale, MN chiropractic office today to start on your path to recovery from your whiplash injury.