Migraine Treatment near Salida, MN
Migraine Treatment near Salida, MN. If you have ever had a migraine, you know how dire it is to access effective Salida, MN migraine treatment. Migraines , which can be so severe as to cause disability and disfunction, affect millions of people in the US every year. If you have migraines in Salida, MN and have not had success with the many solutions you have tried, you are not alone. Seeing a chiropractor in Salida, MN may be the answer.
If you are sick of dealing with migraines, whether mildly annoying or the cause of several days of missed work, try migraine treatment at Total Spine Health and Injury Center in Maple Grove, MN. Our chiropractic team near Salida, MN provides private, individualized care in a clean and modern offices. Find out how the Total Spine migraine treatment team can help you by contacting us to speak to a specialist or making your first appointment now.
Migraine Treatment Salida, MN: Understanding Migraines
A migraine is not just a bad headache. The neurological condition is typically (but not always) associated with strong headaches, but also brings with it any number of a variety of other symptoms.
Unfortunately, we still do not know everything there is to know about migraines, which explains why there is no one widely accepted, effective migraine treatment recommended by the medical community. What we know about migraines is that they involve hormone and neurotransmitter activity, and the narrowing of blood vessels in the brain in response to hormone activity can contribute to migraine pain.
Understanding the mechanisms and root cause behind your migraines is critical to accessing the right Salida, MN migraine treatment. When you seek migraine treatment from our Salida, MN chiropractors, your Salida, MN migraine treatment team will start by assessing your unique case, analyzing the symptoms you experience and the triggers that bring on attacks.
Prevalence of Migraines
- One billion people in the world have migraines.
- In any given 3 month span of time, it is estimated that one out of 5 women and one out of six people in the United States suffer from migraines.
- Migraines and headaches are the number four reason for visits to the emergency room.
- Migraines disproportionately affect unemployed adults, low-income households, and adults up to 44 years of age.
- About a third of people who get migraines (31.1%) have three or more migraines per month.
- 53.7% of individuals who get migraines have such severe migraine symptoms that they are confined to bedrest or experience temporary disability.
- Migraines cost the United States $13 billion due to lost labor and productivity every year
Migraine Treatment in Salida, MN: Recognizing the Symptoms
There are numerous different symptoms you might encounter when you have a migraine. Below we have listed a few common symptoms. If you experience any of the symptoms listed below and believe you suffer from migraines, you may be a good candidate for Salida, MN chiropractic migraine treatment.
- Strong throbbing or dull aching pain either on one side or both sides of your head
- Pain that gets worse with physical activity
- Nausea or vomiting
- Numbness or tingling
- Vision changes, including blurred vision or blind spots
- Slurring speech or difficulty speaking
- Stuffy nose
- Feeling cold or sweaty
- Stiff or tender neck
- Tender scalp
A migraine attack consists of four distinct stages: prodrome, aura, headache and postdrome. From prodrome to postdrome, it can take anywhere from 8 to 72 hours for the migraine to run its course.
Not every migraine sufferer experiences all four stages, and some experience symptoms from more than one stage concurrently. Only about 30% of migraine sufferers experience the aura stage.
Migraine Treatment in Salida, MN: Knowing Your Migraine Triggers
When you realize you need a good migraine treatment plan, you can also benefit from learning about anything actions you can take to prevent the onset of migraines in the meantime. Work with our migraine treatment chiropractors near Salida, MN to understand the unique characteristics of your migraines and learn how to treat them. Total Spine migraine treatment doctors in the Salida, MN area take a personalized approach to treating every patient.
If you know the excruciating pain and disfunction of migraine attacks, it is important to get migraine treatment from a professional near Salida, MN as soon as possible. In addition to getting professional care to address the condition, you may find that you can reduce the recurrence of attacks by identifying triggers that bring on attacks.
- Bright lights
- Severe temperatures
- Changes in barometric pressure
- Changes in hormone levels in female patients, like estrogen and progesterone fluctuations that take place during menstrual periods, pregnancy, or menopause
- High stress levels
- Loud noises
- Expending physical energy
- Undernourishment or malnourishment
- Certain foods, such as salty and processed foods
- Changes in sleep patterns, such as too much sleep or missing sleep
- Some medications, like birth control or nitroglycerin
- Strange smells
- Alcohol use
Chiropractic Migraine Treatment near Salida, MN
Your Salida, MN chiropractor has a multitude of treatment modalities at their disposal that may help treat your migraines. We will work closely with you to evaluate your condition and understand your goals so we can provide the Salida, MN migraine treatments that are right for you.
Learn about some of the chiropractic migraine treatment methods that have been successful for many Salida, MN migraine patients.
- Spinal Manipulation - hands-on spinal adjustments. Spinal manipulations can address migraines by improving blood flow in the nervous system, aleviating nerve activity, and reducing tightness and inflammation. Unlike other possible migraine treatment options like medications, chiropractic spinal manipulations run minimal risk of side effects and complications.
- Massage therapy - hands-on muscle massaging. In Salida, MN massage therapy for migraine treatment, your massage therapist will focus on releasing trigger points throughout the back, shoulder, neck, and head. This can relax muscles, improve blood flow, and reduce stress. It also provides relief to compressed nerves that can cause pain and contribute to migraine pain.
- Multidisciplinary approach - intervention through a comprehensive treatment plan. Our Salida, MN migraine treatment chiropractors never focus on just one thing in the treatment of every patient. When you come to us for migraine treatment, we will put together a plan that works and targets all factors in your life related to your migraines. This could include the use of home exercises, relaxation techniques, stress management, dietary counseling, or lifestyle changes to help treat your migraines in Salida, MN.
As always, there is no specific solution that works for everyone. What worked well for one person may not be the right choice for you. Be safe and make sure to check with a chiropractic doctor or speak to your primary care doctor before trying a new migraine treatment method.
The Salida, MN chiropractors of Total Spine Health and Injury Center pride themselves on offering custom, personalized migraine treatment and other chiropractic and massage therapy services. We take the time to understand your condition, medical history, and general level of health to figure out how our chiropractors can provide the migraine treatment you need.
Our Salida, MN chiropractors, massage therapists, and customer service team have the skill and experience necessary to offer a full range of spinal health and chiropractic treatment services. In addition to migraine treatment, our team specializes in areas such as:
- Herniated Disc Treatment
- Work Injury Treatment
- Family Chiropractic
- Massage Therapy
- Headache Relief
- Auto Accident Chiropractors Near Me
- Chiropractic Adjustment
- Whiplash Treatment
Get Migraine Treatment near Salida, MN Today
When you need effective migraine treatment, chiropractic care can be incredibly helpful. Our Salida, MN chiropractic migraine treatment doctors have seen great success in alleviating the symptoms and preventing the onset of episodes for countless Salida, MN patients living with migraines. Our capable team will formulate the best chiropractic treatment plan for your migraine treatment needs.
The chiropractors of Total Spine Health and Injury Center near Salida, MN perform safe, effective, tailored migraine treatment using evidence-based interventions. Call us today at (763) 568-7869 or schedule an appointment now.