Work Injury Treatment in Salida, MN
Work injury treatment in Salida, MN. Have you been injured on the job? Is your movement health being affected by back pain, stiffness, disc injuries, or spinal misalignment? Do you need to recover but are worried about surgery or prescription drugs? Total Spine is here to help.
Beyond the pain and discomfort a work injury causes, it also affects how you can put food on the table for your Salida, MN family. Chiropractic care has been demonstrated to be an effective work injury treatment for people who are dealing with a variety of issues affecting any body part, not just injuries involving the spine. At Total Spine Health & Injury Center, we focus on your long-term health to ensure that you not only get back to work, but stay there. For safe and successful work injury treatment in Salida, MN, call Total Spine today at (763) 568-7869 or contact us online.
Common Work Injuries That Salida, MN Chiropractic Care Can Treat
Generally, there are four types of work injuries that chiropractors treat:
- Repetitive motion injuries — These occur from performing the same activities for long periods of time, day in and day out. Examples are carpal tunnel from using a keyboard all day, non-specific back pain from being in the same position throughout your work day, or a frozen shoulder from lifting or other, heavier work.
- Overexertion — Jobs that are more physically active, like landscaping or mining, can cause someone to overexert themselves and become injured, especially without sufficient training or preparation. Overexertion injuries are are responsible for the second most missed days from work, and often result in disc injuries and injuries to muscles, tendons, and ligaments.
- Falling injuries — Falls, slips, and trips are the third leading cause of missing days from work. Injuries can include ligament injuries, broken bones, spinal misalignment, back pain, and neck pain.
- Injuries caused by falling objects — In working environments that rely on machinery put workers at increased risk of being struck by a falling object. Examples of injuries include lesions, broken bones, soft tissue injuries, and traumatic brain injuries.
Professional chiropractors are capable of treating work injuries beyond just the back and spine, but soft tissue and brain injuries, and anything else that affects the muscles and nervous system. If a concussion leads you to have chronic migraines, chiropractic care can also provide lasting headache relief.
Work injuries we have helped employees recover from in Salida, MN include:
- Spinal injuries
- Carpal tunnel
- Disc injuries
- Pinched nerves
- Back pain
- Neck pain
- Whiplash injuries
- Shoulder pain
- Arm and leg pain
- Myofascial trigger points
How Do Chiropractors Treat Work Injuries in Salida, MN?
Your work injury treatment from your Salida, MN chiropractor will be based on your injury, job, medical history, and the lifestyle you wish to return to. We'll discuss the events surrounding your injury, or if you have symptoms but are unsure why, work backwards to discover what's causing them. After our initial talk, we'll do a physical examination, and conduct what X-rays or motion study analysis we think would be beneficial. Then, we'll determine how to best treat your injuries. Chiropractic care for workplace injuries usually includes chiropractic adjustments, also called spinal alignments, and massage therapy.
Spinal manipulations are done through a variety of chiropractic techniques that include short, quick thrusts to targeted areas. A common misconception is that chiropractors "pop bones back in place." Work injuries restrict movement of vertebrae and joints, and these manipulations release tensions interfering with how the body works. In doing so, we help employees reach optimal range of motion and ensure your body is functioning in concert, and symptoms are relieved by freeing up your nervous system.
Massage therapy helps by encouraging blood flow to and relieving tight muscles and breaking down the scar tissue covering the site of an injury. One of the oldest forms of alternative medicine in the world, massage therapy has been demonstrated to improve your mood, increase blood flow, and offer countless other benefits.
At Total Spine, we believe in taking a holistic view to our patients' health. We'll also guide you through exercise, nutrition, and other advice to help your work injury treatment in Salida, MN go as quickly as it can and improve your health down the road.
Salida, MN Chiropractic Care: More Than Just Work Injury Treatment
Chiropractors offer innumerable benefits that are not only effective for work injury treatment, but improve your overall life. With our Salida, MN chiropractors, you'll enjoy:
- Feeling better every day — In addition to dealing with acute injuries that arise, chiropractic care can help range of motion, reduce blood pressure, and can improve digestion and even increase brain activity.
- Patient education — We'll teach you about injuries and how our bodies work in order to reduce your risk of re-injury and perform at work better than ever. We can help you with tips for lifting and other useful strategies to stay safe on the job. Correct posture is imperative for injury prevention.
- Chiropractic for arms, legs, hands, and feet — While most people, possibly rightly so, immediately think of the back and spine when they think of chiropractic care, a professional chiropractor will also be able to treat your extremities. Chiropractors have a deep understanding of the musculoskeletal system, and the principles that apply to the joints, muscles, ligaments, tendons, and nerves in your back apply to the rest of your body as well.
- Chiropractic maintenance — "Maintenance" is also known as "preventive" care. Maintenance comes after the acute issue, and ensures that you preserve the benefits attained in your acute case, and helps protect your body from the physical stress of your line of work. A lot of our Salida, MN work injury patients end up coming in for regular visits once they understand what chiropractic can do for their health and wellness.
How Does Chiropractic Compare to Medical and Osteopathic Work Injury Treatment?
Based on research from the Journal of Manipulative and Physiological Therapeutics, employees were able to return to work faster when treated by a doctor of chiropractic than when treated by a medical doctor or osteopathic doctor. Chiropractic care is also a great option for avoiding the need for surgery and reducing the risk of prescription drug dependency.
Chiropractic can't heal every single injury. If you break a bone, for example, a chiropractor can't fuse it back together, and you'll need physical therapy to build up the strength of weakened muscles. But for the majority of work injuries and symptoms, chiropractic care is a preferred option because it tackles the root cause instead of merely treating symptoms.
How Do I Pay For My Work Injury Treatment in Salida, MN
Because of Minnesota Law, employers are required to provide medical benefits to employees after a work injury and chiropractic visits are covered under workers' compensation. They also need to pay for expenses related to travel (gas miles, Uber or Lyft, public transportation, etc...), costs of obtaining medical records, and other out-of-pocket expenses.
Generally, injured employees in Minnesota have wide leeway in choosing which healthcare provider they want to treat them. To learn why you should choose our team for your work injury treatment in Salida, MN, check out our 5-Star reviews on Google, our patient testimonials, or read why we think we're among the best chiropractors in Minnesota.
Other services we offer in Salida, MN include:
- Herniated Disc Treatment
- Family Chiropractic
- Massage Therapy
- Headache Relief
- Auto Accident Chiropractors Near Me
- Chiropractic Adjustment
- Whiplash Treatment
- Migraine Treatment
Call Total Spine For Your Work Injury Treatment in Salida, MN
Our objectives are simple: provide effective pain relief, improve your total health, and help our Salida, MN friends and family learn the extraordinary benefits of chiropractic can have for our health and wellness. Call Total Spine today at (763) 568-7869 or tell us how we can help you online for your work injury treatment in Salida, MN.