Whiplash Treatment in Salida, MN
Whiplash Treatment Salida, MN. While estimates vary, we know that whiplash injuries affect at least one million people every year in the United States alone. While many of these cases can heal with minimal medical care, without prompt, targeted whiplash treatment in the Salida, MN area, you may be at risk of developing serious chronic complications or long-term symptoms.
Total Spine Health and Injury Center is a Salida, MN area chiropractic office staffed by a whiplash treatment team near Salida, MN with the clinical experience and practical knowledge to offer care that addresses your whiplash injury at its source rather than simply masking your symptoms. Do not resign yourself to endless years of pain, limitations, and other significant medical conditions by getting Salida, MN chiropractic whiplash treatment from our dedicated chiropractic team. Call us now at (763) 568-7869, contact us online, or book an appointment near Salida, MN today.
Who needs whiplash treatment in Salida, MN?
You may need Salida, MN whiplash treatment if you were subject to a whiplash injury and are suffering from symptoms. The term whiplash describes a soft tissue neck injury caused by sudden hyperextension and hyperflexion (back and forth motion, like the motion of a whip) and is also referred to as a neck sprain or strain. Whiplash injuries can range in severity and duration. After a whiplash injury, you may notice soreness for a handful of days or could develop chronic pain or significant complications. It is wise to get medical attention after an injury like a whiplash injury to learn if you need Salida, MN whiplash treatment.
If you are dealing with neck pain and tightness or any other whiplash symptoms, chiropractic care is an excellent treatment decision. To find out if you may need to see a chiropractor for whiplash treatment, learn about whiplash causes and symptoms below.
The most common causes of whiplash injuries are:
- Auto accidents. Car accidents and other traffic accidents are the most common cause of whiplash injuries, and rear-end collisions are the most common type of car accident to cause whiplash injuries. 90% of rear-end accident injuries are neck injuries including whiplash. These injuries actually most often occur in lower speed crashes of 25 miles per hour or less, with whiplash injuries resulting from collisions at speeds as low as 5 to 10 miles per hour.
- Contact sports. Whiplash injuries can occur in sports where the body can start or stop traveling suddenly, such as most contact sports (football, soccer, basketball, boxing, wrestling, etc.) and some other sports like diving. Fortunately, while athletes like football players and boxers are at risk of whiplash, whiplash sports injuries are rarely serious or permanent.
- Physical assault. Sadly, our Salida, MN whiplash treatment doctors see some whiplash patients who have been injured because of some type of physical abuse. Whiplash could be caused by an accident, an altercation, or domestic violence attacks when the victim is pushed, punched, or shaken. Shaken baby syndrome involves whiplash in infants and can result in heartbreaking, often fatal conditions such as infantile subdural haematoma. Our Salida, MN chiropractors have cared for young children for whom chiropractic care is appropriate.
- Falls. Falls, such as falling from a height or being thrown from a horse, bicycle, or motorcycle, may also result in whiplash injuries.
This is not an exhaustive list of whiplash causes. In any event, if any kind of fall, impact, or other accident violently threw your head forward and backward, you might have suffered a whiplash injury. Learn more about whiplash symptoms and diagnosing methods to determine if you need Salida, MN chiropractic care for whiplash treatment.
If you have a whiplash injury, you may experience symptoms like:
- Soreness in the neck
- Neck pain that is exacerbated with movement
- Loss of range of motion in the neck
- Tenderness or pain in the shoulders or upper back and arms
- Arm or hand tingling or numbness
In addition to the common symptoms of whiplash listed above, you may experience additional symptoms such as blurred vision, memory and concentration problems, or tinnitus. If you begin to notice symptoms like these, work with your Salida, MN chiropractor or another doctor to get the proper treatment for your whiplash symptoms.
For many, whiplash symptoms are mild to moderate and resolve naturally on their own. These patients should try home whiplash treatment strategies like applying heat and over-the-counter medications. Call a whiplash treatment chiropractor or another doctor in the Salida, MN area at (763) 568-7869 if your symptoms take a turn for the worse after a period of improvement or persist beyond two weeks after your injury.
Sometimes, though, whiplash is more serious. If you experience symptoms that significantly affect your daily life, you should request an appointment from our Salida, MN whiplash treatment chiropractor immediately. You should also seek chiropractic or other whiplash treatment if you have developed chronic whiplash symptoms. Chronic conditions are alarmingly common for people with whiplash injuries, with 90% of victims reporting symptoms one to two years after sustaining the injury and an unsettling 55% reporting symptoms seventeen years later. Your chance of making a full recovery and avoiding years of chronic pain and debilitating conditions is heavily dependent upon getting quick, proven whiplash treatment in Salida, MN as soon as possible after being injured. Contact the Salida, MN whiplash treatment team at Total Spine Health and Injury Center to receive help addressing your whiplash condition right away.
Whiplash Treatment in Salida, MN
Your Salida, MN whiplash treatment plan should be designed for your injury and personal goals. You need a whiplash treatment professional in Salida, MN whom you are comfortable with and who will take the time to develop a personalized treatment plan for you. Total Spine Health and Injury Center provides individuals in Salida, MN who have been injured with modern, chiropractic care from seasoned treatment providers in a safe, private, clean office settinge. Make an appointment for Salida, MN whiplash treatment from one of the top area chiropractors right away.
Experts recommend chiropractic as a staple strategy to treat whiplash, among additional target="_blank" rel="nofollow noreferrer noopener">whiplash treatment strategies such as heat or ice applications, NSAIDS or muscle relaxant drugs, steroid injections, and exercises or physical therapy. Compared to these other strategies, chiropractic care often successfully treats the route of the whiplash injury instead of treating or masking the symptoms on the surface.
Total Spine Health and Injury Center treats individuals young and old who have a wide variety of needs, goals, and conditions near Salida, MN. The Total Spine Salida, MN team of chiropractors and massage therapists stays informed on the latest accepted chiropractic practices and draws from extensive education and experience treating patients to provide the best possible chiropractic care. Our treatment team has experience successfully treating many different conditions, including:
- Herniated Disc Treatment
- Work Injury Treatment
- Family Chiropractic
- Massage Therapy
- Headache Relief
- Auto Accident Chiropractors Near Me
- Chiropractic Adjustment
- Migraine Treatment
Chiropractic Care Techniques Used for Whiplash Treatment
- Spinal manipulation - Spinal manipulations will almost certainly be a part of your Salida, MN whiplash treatment plan. Your doctor will use their hands to gently move the joints to increase blood flow and range of motion and reduce stiffness and pain.
- Soft-tissue manipulation - In addition to spinal manipulations, your Salida, MN chiropractor may gently manipulate the affected soft tissue.
- Manual resistance/stretching - Specific stretching exercises can be used to release the tight and sore joints in your neck, shoulders, and back.
- Trigger point therapy - Your whiplash treatment chiropractor will identify tight points along the spine and other joints called subluxations, and the tension can be released by applying deep, targeted pressure.
- Interferential electrical stimulation - Your chiropractor may use a machine to send low-frequency electrical current to the muscles, reducing inflammation associated with whiplash.
- Ultrasound - Your Salida, MN whiplash treatment chiropractor might employ ultrasound technology, which has been shown to minimize muscle spasms, stiffness, and pain by fostering better blood circulation.
- Massage therapy - Therapeutic massage by your chiropractor or our certified massage therapist can reduce tension and provide pain relief.
You need an experienced and knowledgeable Salida, MN chiropractor to lead your whiplash treatment. Care for your future self by targeting your injury at the source with chiropractic whiplash treatment. your recovery today with Total Spine Health and Injury Center near Salida, MN. Schedule an appointment online now.
Chiropractic Whiplash Treatment near Salida, MN: Total Spine Health and Injury Center
Receive expert whiplash treatment from leading Salida, MN area chiropractors after sustaining a whiplash injury in a car wreck, sports incident, or another type of accident. The doctors and massage therapists at Total Spine Health and Injury Center near Salida, MN will take a personalized approach to your whiplash treatment chiropractic care and will use their skills to address the root cause of your symptoms. Learn more about our modern, private chiropractic office in Maple Grove and what to expect from your first visit or contact our Salida, MN chiropractic office today to begin your whiplash injury recovery.