Migraine Treatment near Spring Lake Park, MN
Migraine Treatment near Spring Lake Park, MN. If you have ever had a migraine, you know how dire it is to find effective Spring Lake Park, MN migraine treatment. Migraines , which can be so severe as to cause disability and disfunction, affect millions of people in the US every year. Many Spring Lake Park, MN migraine sufferers have tried countless over-the-counter medications and other medical solutions, to no avail. Getting chiropractic care from a chiropractor in Spring Lake Park, MN may be the answer.
If you suffer from migraines and need a migraine treatment solution that works, try Total Spine Health and Injury Center in Maple Grove, MN. Our Spring Lake Park, MN chiropractic team offers private, individualized care in a clean and modern clinic. Find out how the Total Spine migraine treatment team can help you by contacting us to consult with our team or scheduling your first appointment now.
Migraine Treatment Spring Lake Park, MN: About Migraines
A migraine is a neurological condition that is often characterized by severe headaches. But a migraine is more than just a bad headache (in fact, some migraines occur without a headache at all) and is accompanied by any number of a variety of other symptoms.
There is still a lot we do not know about migraines, which is why there is little consensus from the medical community on the best and most effective migraine treatment. We do know, however, that hormones and neurotransmitters play a role in migraines, and the narrowing of blood vessels in the brain in response to hormone activity can contribute to migraine pain.
Finding the right Spring Lake Park, MN migraine treatment for you could depend upon determining the cause of your migraines and the onset of attacks. When you turn to our Spring Lake Park, MN chiropractors for migraine treatment, your Spring Lake Park, MN migraine treatment team will first work to evaluate your unique case, analyzing your symptoms and triggers.
Prevalence of Migraines
- One billion people in the world have migraines.
- One out of 5 women and one out of six Americans have suffered migraines within the last three months.
- Migraines and headaches are the number four cause of seeking emergency medical care.
- Migraines disproportionately affect unemployed adults, families living in poverty, and young and middle aged adults under the age of 44.
- About a third of people who get migraines (31.1%) have at least three migraines per month.
- 53.7% of people who experience migraines have such severe migraine symptoms that they are confined to bedrest or experience temporary disability.
- In the US, migraines cost $13 billion due to lost labor and productivity every year
Migraine Treatment in Spring Lake Park, MN: Recognizing the Symptoms
There are a variety of different symptoms you might encounter when you have a migraine. Below are just a few common symptoms. If you experience any of the symptoms listed below and believe you suffer from migraines, chiropractic migraine treatment in Spring Lake Park, MN may be right for you.
- Intrusive throbbing or dull aching pain either on one side or both sides of your head
- Pain that worsens when you exert yourself
- Nausea or vomiting
- Numbness or tingling
- Vision changes, including blurred vision or blind spots
- Difficulty speaking
- Feeling drained
- Stuffy nose
- Cold sweats or hot flashes
- Neck soreness, stiffness, or tightness
- Tender scalp
A migraine attack is characterized by four distinct phases: prodrome, aura, headache and postdrome. From prodrome to postdrome, it can take anywhere from 8 to 72 hours for the migraine to run its course.
A migraine does not necessarily have to present all distinct stages, and some patients have symptoms from more than one stage at once. Only about 30% of migraine sufferers experience the aura stage.
Migraine Treatment in Spring Lake Park, MN: Identifying Your Migraine Triggers
When you are in need of a good migraine treatment plan, you can also benefit from learning about anything you can do to prevent the onset of migraines in the meantime. Work with our migraine treatment chiropractors near Spring Lake Park, MN to get a complete picture of your migraines and how to treat them. Total Spine migraine treatment doctors in the Spring Lake Park, MN area take a personalized approach to caring for each patient.
If you live in constant anticipation of the next migraine that will knock you off your feet, it is important to find a migraine treatment professional near Spring Lake Park, MN as soon as possible. At the same time, you may find that you can alleviate the recurrence of attacks by identifying triggers that bring on attacks.
- Bright lights
- Extreme temperatures
- Changes in barometric pressure
- Changes in hormone levels in female patients, like estrogen and progesterone fluctuations that take place during menstrual periods, pregnancy, or menopause
- High stress levels
- Loud noises
- Physical exertion
- Skipping meals
- Consumption of some foods, i.e. salty and processed foods
- Sleep pattern variations, such as too much sleep or missing sleep
- Some medications, like birth control or nitroglycerin
- Unusual smells
- Alcohol use
Chiropractic Migraine Treatment near Spring Lake Park, MN
Your Spring Lake Park, MN chiropractor has a multitude of treatment modalities at their disposal that may help in addressing the source of your migraines. We take the time to understand your condition and goals so we can provide the best possible Spring Lake Park, MN migraine treatment.
Learn about some of the chiropractic migraine treatment methods that have been effective for many Spring Lake Park, MN migraine patients.
- Spinal Manipulation - hands-on spinal adjustments. Spinal manipulations can address migraines by impacting blood flow in the nervous system, aleviating nerve activity, and reducing tightness and inflammation. Unlike other possible migraine treatment options like medications, chiropractic spinal manipulations carry minimal risk of side effects and complications.
- Massage therapy - manual massaging of the muscles. In Spring Lake Park, MN massage therapy for migraine treatment, your massage therapist will focus on releasing trigger points found in the back, shoulder, neck, and head. Massage therapy helps relax muscles, improve blood flow, and reduce stress. It can also help treat migraines by alleviating any compressed nerves causing pain.
- Multidisciplinary approach - intervention through a comprehensive treatment plan. Our Spring Lake Park, MN migraine treatment chiropractors never focus on just one thing in the treatment of every patient. For migraine treatment patients, we will work with you to develop a plan that works and addresses all aspects of migraines in your life. We may prescribe home exercises, relaxation techniques, stress management, dietary counseling, or lifestyle changes to help treat your migraines in Spring Lake Park, MN.
As always, there is no specific solution that works for everyone. What was effective for one person may not be effective for you. It is important that you check with a chiropractic doctor or speak to your primary care physician before trying a new type of migraine treatment.
The Spring Lake Park, MN chiropractors of Total Spine Health and Injury Center specialize in offering private, personalized migraine treatment and other chiropractic and massage therapy services. We take care to understand your condition, medical history, and general level of health to determine how our chiropractors can provide the migraine treatment you need.
Our Spring Lake Park, MN chiropractors, massage therapists, and customer service team have the skill and experience necessary to offer a full range of spinal health and chiropractic treatment services. In addition to migraine treatment, our team specializes in areas such as:
- Herniated Disc Treatment
- Work Injury Treatment
- Family Chiropractic
- Massage Therapy
- Headache Relief
- Auto Accident Chiropractors Near Me
- Chiropractic Adjustment
- Whiplash Treatment
Get Migraine Treatment near Spring Lake Park, MN Today
When you need effective migraine treatment, chiropractic care can be incredibly helpful. Our Spring Lake Park, MN chiropractic migraine treatment team has seen great success in managing the symptoms and preventing the onset of episodes for countless Spring Lake Park, MN patients living with migraines. Our capable team will formulate the best chiropractic care plan for your migraine treatment needs.
The chiropractors of Total Spine Health and Injury Center near Spring Lake Park, MN will provide safe, effective, tailored migraine treatment using evidence-based interventions. Call us today at (763) 568-7869 or make an appointment now.