Work Injury Treatment in Spring Lake Park, MN
Work injury treatment in Spring Lake Park, MN. Have you been injured on the job? Are you suffering from back pain, stiffness, disc injuries, or spinal misalignment? Do you need to get back to work but are worried about invasive procedures or prescription medicine? Total Spine is here to help.
Beyond the limitations and pain a work injury comes with, it also affects your ability to support for your Spring Lake Park, MN loved ones. Chiropractic care has been demonstrated to be an effective work injury treatment for employers who are dealing with a variety of injuries affecting any body part, not just symptoms affecting the back and neck. At Total Spine Health & Injury Center, we take a holistic view of your health to ensure that you not only get back to work, but stay there. For safe and successful work injury treatment in Spring Lake Park, MN, call Total Spine today at (763) 568-7869 or tell us how we can help you online.
Common Work Injuries That Spring Lake Park, MN Chiropractors Treat
Generally, there are four types of work injuries that chiropractors treat:
- Repetitive motion injuries — These occur from performing the same activities for weeks, months, or years. Examples are carpal tunnel from desk work, non-specific back pain from standing throughout your work day, or a frozen shoulder from more physically intensive work.
- Overexertion — Jobs that require more physical exertion, like construction or mining that require lifting, pulling, pushing, and carrying can cause acute injuries. Overexertion injuries are are responsible for the second most missed days from work, and common examples include disc injuries and injuries to soft tissue.
- Falling injuries — Falls, slips, and trips are the third leading cause of missing days from work. Injuries can include ligament injuries, fractures, spinal injuries, back pain, and neck pain.
- Falling object injuries — Jobs that entail heavy machinery put workers at higher risk of being hit by a falling object. Examples of injuries include lesions, fractures, soft tissue injuries, and traumatic brain injuries.
Professional chiropractors are capable of treating work injuries not just affecting the back and spine, but a variety of body parts and functional issues. If a concussion causes persistent headaches, chiropractors can also provide meaningful headache relief.
Work injuries we have helped people recover from in Spring Lake Park, MN include:
- Spinal issues
- Carpal tunnel
- Disc injuries
- Pinched nerves
- Back pain
- Neck pain
- Whiplash injuries
- Shoulder pain
- Extremity injuries
- Myofascial pain
How Do Chiropractors Treat Work Injuries in Spring Lake Park, MN?
Your work injury treatment from your Spring Lake Park, MN chiropractor will depend on your injury, job, medical history, and the lifestyle you wish to get back to. We'll go over what caused your injury, or if you don't know how your injuries happen, work backwards to discover the root problem. After our initial talk, we'll perform a physical examination, and conduct what X-rays or motion study analysis we think would be beneficial. Then, we'll develop your treatment plan. Chiropractic care for workplace injuries usually consists of chiropractic adjustments, also called spinal manipulation, and massage therapy.
Spinal adjustments are done through numerous chiropractic techniques that include short, quick thrusts to targeted areas. Contrary to popular belief, chiropractors rarely "push joints back in place." Work injuries restrict movement of vertebrae and joints, and these manipulations let out muscle tension. In doing so, we help employees achieve optimal functionality and ensure your body is functioning in concert, and pain is relieved by freeing up your nervous system.
Massage therapy can treat an injury by smoothing out tight muscles and encourage the breakdown of scar tissue covering the site of an injury. One of the oldest forms of alternative medicine in the world, massage therapy has been demonstrated to relieve stress, increase blood flow, and offer innumerable other benefits.
At Total Spine, we look at your total health and wellness. We'll provide exercise, nutrition, and other suggestions to help your work injury treatment in Spring Lake Park, MN go as smoothly as it can and promote your long-term health.
What Our Chiropractic Care Offers For Your Work Injury Treatment in Spring Lake Park, MN
Chiropractors offer innumerable benefits that not only help in work injury treatment, but improve how you feel everyday. With our Spring Lake Park, MN chiropractors, you'll enjoy:
- Feeling better every day — Beyond just reducing pain, chiropractic care can improve range of motion, improve blood pressure, and can improve sleep and even improve brain function.
- Patient education — We'll teach you about injuries and how you can achieve optimal functionality in order to reduce your risk of re-injury and perform at work better than ever. We'll teach you about posture correction and other ways to avoid another work injury in the future. Correct posture is essential for injury prevention.
- Chiropractic for extremities — While most people, possibly rightly so, immediately think of the back and spine when they think of chiropractic care, an experienced chiropractor will also be able to treat your arms, legs, hands, and feet. Chiropractors have a deep grasp of the musculoskeletal system, and the same principles of pain relief and optimal function apply equally to the back and other body parts.
- Chiropractic maintenance — "Maintenance" is also known as "preventive" care. Maintenance comes after the acute issue, and ensures that you preserve the benefits attained in your acute case, and helps relieve any stress your line of work may continue to put on your musculoskeletal system. A lot of our Spring Lake Park, MN work injury patients schedule maintenance after they recover once they discover the benefits of chiropractic care.
How Does Chiropractic Compare to Medical and Osteopathic Work Injury Treatment?
Based on a study in the Journal of Manipulative and Physiological Therapeutics, workers missed less time away from work under chiropractic care than medical or osteopathic treatment. According to the American Chiropractic Association, people with back injuries whose first point of contact is a medical doctor have a 42.7% likelihood of surgery, compared to 1.5% for people who first see a chiropractor. Chiropractic care also decreases the need of opioids and prescription drugs.
Chiropractic isn't the best treatment plan for all injuries. If you break a bone, for example, a chiropractor can't fuse it back together, and you'll need physical therapy to rebuild and retrain atrophied muscles. But for the majority of work injuries and symptoms, chiropractic care is a preferred option because it tackles the root cause instead of merely treating symptoms.
Paying For Work Injury Treatment in Spring Lake Park, MN
Pursuant to Minnesota Law, employers are required to provide medical benefits to employees who get hurt at work through workers' compensation, including chiropractic care. They also need to pay for costs related to travel (gas miles, taxis, public transportation, etc...), costs of obtaining medical records, and other out-of-pocket expenses.
Generally, injured employees in Minnesota are allowed to choose the healthcare provider they want. To learn why you should choose our team for your work injury treatment in Spring Lake Park, MN, check out our 5-Star rating on Google, our patient testimonials, or read more on how to find the best chiropractors in Minnesota.
Other services we offer in Spring Lake Park, MN include:
- Herniated Disc Treatment
- Family Chiropractic
- Massage Therapy
- Headache Relief
- Auto Accident Chiropractors Near Me
- Chiropractic Adjustment
- Whiplash Treatment
- Migraine Treatment
Call Total Spine For Your Work Injury Treatment in Spring Lake Park, MN
We have three main goals: provide safe pain relief, improve your overall wellness, and help our Spring Lake Park, MN communities discover the extraordinary benefits of chiropractic can have for our health and wellness. Call Total Spine today at (763) 568-7869 or tell us how we can help you online for your work injury treatment in Spring Lake Park, MN.