Whiplash Treatment in Spring Lake Park, MN
Whiplash Treatment Spring Lake Park, MN. While estimates vary, we know that whiplash injuries affect more than one million people annually in the United States alone. While the majority of these cases are mild, there is a very real risk of serious long-term consequences and disability on top of debilitating acute symptoms when you do not seek quality whiplash treatment in the Spring Lake Park, MN area after suffering a whiplash injury.
Total Spine Health and Injury Center is a Spring Lake Park, MN area chiropractic office staffed by a whiplash treatment team near Spring Lake Park, MN with the clinical experience and theoretically understanding to offer care that treats your whiplash injury at its source instead of simply temporarily covering up your symptoms. Do not resign yourself to decades of pain, disability, and other significant problems by getting Spring Lake Park, MN chiropractic whiplash treatment from our compassionate chiropractic team. talk to us now at (763) 568-7869, contact us online, or book an appointment near Spring Lake Park, MN today.
Do I need whiplash treatment in Spring Lake Park, MN?
If you believe you have a whiplash injury and are experiencing symptoms, you may need Spring Lake Park, MN whiplash treatment. The term whiplash describes a soft tissue injury to the neck caused by sudden hyperextension and hyperflexion (back and forth motion, like the motion of a whip) and is also referred to as a neck sprain or strain. Whiplash injuries vary in severity and scope. After a whiplash injury, you may experience as little as soreness for a handful of days or could develop long-term pain or serious complications. It is wise to get medical attention after an injury like a whiplash injury to determine whether a whiplash treatment plan is necessary for your recovery in Spring Lake Park, MN.
If you are living with neck pain and tightness or any other whiplash symptoms, seeing a chiropractor can be an excellent treatment option. Find out whether you require whiplash treatment by familiarizing yourself with the causes and symptoms of whiplash below.
The most common causes of whiplash injuries are:
- Auto accidents. Car accidents and other traffic accidents are the most common cause of whiplash injuries, and whiplash injuries are highly likely in certain types of auto accidents — namely rear-end collisions. 90% of rear-end accident injuries are whiplash and other neck injuries. The majority of whiplash car accidents occur in crashes that happen at speeds of 25 miles per hour or less, with whiplash injuries resulting from collisions at speeds as low as 5 to 10 miles per hour.
- Contact sports. Whiplash injuries are a risk in sports in which the body may abruptly stop or start moving by force, such as most contact sports (football, soccer, basketball, boxing, wrestling, etc.) and some other sports like diving. Fortunately, while athletes like football players and boxers are at risk of whiplash, whiplash sports injuries are seldom serious or permanent.
- Physical assault. Sadly, our Spring Lake Park, MN whiplash treatment doctors see some whiplash patients who have been injured because of some type of physical abuse. They may have sustained a whiplash injury in shaking, punching, or pushing in an accident, altercation, or domestic abuse incident. In infants, whiplash from shaking, known as shaken baby syndrome, can cause tragic, often fatal conditions such as infantile subdural haematoma. The Total Spine Spring Lake Park, MN chiropractors have cared for young children for whom chiropractic care is appropriate.
- Falls. Falling from a higher surface to a lower surface or falling from a ride such as a horse or ATV can also result in whiplash injuries.
This is not an exhaustive list of whiplash causes. If any kind of fall, impact, or other accident violently threw your head back and forth, you might have a whiplash injury. Understanding what symptoms to look out for and how whiplash is diagnosed can help you determine if you need Spring Lake Park, MN chiropractic care for whiplash treatment.
If you have a whiplash injury, you may experience symptoms like:
- Neck soreness
- Neck stiffness
- Neck pain that is exacerbated with movement
- Loss of range of motion in the neck
- Tenderness or pain in the shoulders or upper back and arms
- Arm or hand tingling or numbness
Some cases of whiplash are accompanied by nervous system symptoms such as blurred vision, memory and concentration problems, or tinnitus. If you begin to notice such symptoms, look to your Spring Lake Park, MN chiropractor or physician for help finding the best possible treatment for your whiplash symptoms.
For many, whiplash symptoms are manageable and resolve naturally with time. These patients should look to home whiplash treatment methods like heat/cold applications and OTC pharmaceuticals. Call (763) 568-7869 to speak to a whiplash treatment chiropractor near Spring Lake Park, MN if your symptoms take a turn for the worse after a period of improvement or progress beyond two weeks after your injury.
However, other cases are more serious. If you experience symptoms that significantly disrupt your daily life, you should request an appointment from our Spring Lake Park, MN whiplash treatment chiropractor immediately. It is also important to receive whiplash treatment from a chiropractor or other professional if you have developed chronic whiplash symptoms. Chronic conditions are alarmingly prevalent among whiplash victims. According to one peer-reviewed study, 90% of patients still have symptoms one to two years after the date of injury and an unsettling 55% reporting symptoms 17 years later. Your ability to move on from this injury and avoiding a lifetime of pain and debilitating symptoms is heavily dependent upon getting quick, effective whiplash treatment in Spring Lake Park, MN right away after sustaining your injury. Contact the Total Spine Health and Injury Center's Spring Lake Park, MN whiplash treatment providers to receive help addressing your whiplash right away.
Spring Lake Park, MN Whiplash Treatment
You need a whiplash treatment plan in Spring Lake Park, MN that is designed for your needs, goals, and characteristics of your injury. It is important that you find a whiplash treatment chiropractor in Spring Lake Park, MN whom you trust and who will take the time to develop a personalized treatment plan for you. Total Spine Health and Injury Center provides individuals in Spring Lake Park, MN who have been injured with targeted, evidence-based treatment practices from accomplished medical professionals in a safe, private, clean facilitye. Request an appointment for Spring Lake Park, MN whiplash treatment from one of the top area chiropractors now.
Chiropractic care is one of the recommended treatments for whiplash. Other target="_blank" rel="nofollow noreferrer noopener">whiplash treatment suggestions include ice and heat, anti-inflammatory or muscle relaxant drugs, steroids, and exercises or physical therapy. The difference between chiropractic and other strategies is that chiropractic care often successfully addresses the route of the whiplash injury as opposed to treating or temporarily masking the symptoms on the surface.
Total Spine Health and Injury Center treats individuals young and old who have a wide variety of needs, priorities, and physical complaints near Spring Lake Park, MN. The Total Spine Spring Lake Park, MN team of chiropractors and massage therapists stays up to date on the latest accepted chiropractic practices and refers to years of specialized education and clinical experience to perform the best possible chiropractic treatment. Our treatment team has experience successfully treating many different conditions, including:
What techniques with my whiplash treatment chiropractor use?
- Spinal manipulation - Your Spring Lake Park, MN chiropractor will likely perform spinal manipulations as a part of your whiplash treatment plan. Your doctor will use their hands to gently move the joints to increase blood flow and range of motion and reduce stiffness and pain.
- Soft-tissue manipulation - Along with spinal manipulations, your Spring Lake Park, MN chiropractor may gently manipulate the affected soft tissue.
- Manual resistance/stretching - Muscle energy therapy and other joint therapies can be used to release the tight and sore neck, back, and shoulder joints.
- Trigger point therapy - Your whiplash treatment chiropractor will identify tight points along the spine and other joints called subluxations, and the tension can be released by applying deep, targeted pressure.
- Interferential electrical stimulation - This chiropractic treatment technique uses a device that sends low-frequency electrical current to the muscles, reducing inflammation associated with whiplash.
- Ultrasound - Your chiropractic whiplash treatment near Spring Lake Park, MN may employ ultrasound technology, which has been shown to minimize muscle spasms, stiffness, and pain by promoting better blood circulation.
- Massage therapy - Therapeutic massage by your chiropractor or our certified massage therapist can reduce tension and provide pain relief.
You need an experienced and knowledgeable chiropractor on your whiplash treatment team near Spring Lake Park, MN. Care for your future self by targeting your injury at the source with chiropractic whiplash treatment. Take the first step toward your recovery today with Total Spine Health and Injury Center near Spring Lake Park, MN. Make an appointment online now.
Get Spring Lake Park, MN Chiropractic Whiplash Treatment: Total Spine Health and Injury Center
Access expert whiplash treatment from leading Spring Lake Park, MN area chiropractors after sustaining a whiplash injury in a rear-end car accident, sports incident, or another type of accident. The doctors and massage therapists at Total Spine Health and Injury Center near Spring Lake Park, MN will be personally invested in your whiplash treatment chiropractic care and will treat the root source of your symptoms. Learn more about our modern, clean chiropractic office in Maple Grove and what to expect from your first visit or contact our Spring Lake Park, MN chiropractic office today to begin your whiplash injury recovery.