Migraine Treatment near Wayzata, MN
Migraine Treatment near Wayzata, MN. If you have had the displeasure of experiencing a migraine, you understand the urgency of needing to find effective Wayzata, MN migraine treatment. Migraines can be debilitating and affect millions of people in the US every year. If you have migraines in Wayzata, MN and have not had success with the many solutions you have tried, you are not alone. Seeing a chiropractor in Wayzata, MN may be the intervention you need.
If you suffer from migraines and need a migraine treatment solution that works, try Total Spine Health and Injury Center in Maple Grove, MN. Our Wayzata, MN chiropractic team offers private, individualized care in our sleek, modern, and comfortable clinic. Find out how the Total Spine migraine treatment team can help you by contacting us to speak to a specialist or making your first appointment now.
Migraine Treatment Wayzata, MN: About Migraines
A migraine is not just a bad headache. The neurological condition is typically (but not always) associated with strong headaches, but also brings with it any number of a variety of other symptoms.
There is still a lot we do not know about migraines, which is why there is little consensus from the medical community on the best and most effective migraine treatment. We do know, however, that hormones and neurotransmitters play a role in migraines, and the resulting narrowing of blood vessels in the brain can contribute to migraine pain.
Finding the right Wayzata, MN migraine treatment for you could depend upon determining the cause of your migraines and the onset of attacks. When you turn to our Wayzata, MN chiropractors for migraine treatment, your Wayzata, MN migraine treatment team will start by assessing your unique case, analyzing the symptoms you experience and the triggers that bring on attacks.
Prevalence of Migraines
- One billion people in the world have migraines.
- In any given 3 month span of time, it is estimated that one out of 5 women and one out of six Americans suffer from migraines.
- Migraines and headaches are the fourth leading reason for seeking emergency medical care.
- Migraines disproportionately affect unemployed adults, families living in poverty, and young and middle aged adults up to 44 years of age.
- About a third of people who get migraines (31.1%) have at least three migraines per month.
- 53.7% of people who get migraines have been debilitated or unable to get out of bed due to the severity of their migraines.
- Migraines cost the United States $13 billion due to lost labor and productivity every year
Migraine Treatment in Wayzata, MN: Recognizing the Symptoms
Your migraine may come with any number of a variety of symptoms associated with the condition. Below are just a few common symptoms. If you experience any of the symptoms listed below and believe you suffer from migraines, chiropractic migraine treatment in Wayzata, MN may be right for you.
- Strong throbbing or dull aching pain on one or both sides of your head
- Pain that worsens when you exert yourself
- Nausea or vomiting
- Numbness or tingling
- Vision changes, including blurred vision or blind spots
- Slurring speech or difficulty speaking
- Feeling drained
- Stuffy nose
- Cold sweats or hot flashes
- Neck soreness, stiffness, or tightness
- Tender scalp
The migraine episode is broken into four distinct stages: prodrome, aura, headache and postdrome. From prodrome to postdrome, it can take anywhere from 8 to 72 hours for the migraine to run its course.
A migraine does not always present all four stages, and some experience symptoms from more than one stage at the same time. Auras are not incredibly common, experienced by around 30% of migraine sufferers.
Migraine Treatment in Wayzata, MN: Identifying Your Migraine Triggers
When you are in the market for migraine treatment that works, you can also benefit from learning about anything you can do to prevent migraine attacks from beginning. Work with our migraine treatment chiropractors near Wayzata, MN to get a complete picture of your migraines and learn how to treat them. Total Spine migraine treatment doctors in the Wayzata, MN area take a personalized approach to treating every patient.
If you know the excruciating pain and disfunction of migraine attacks, act now and find a migraine treatment professional near Wayzata, MN as soon as possible. At the same time, you may be able to reduce the frequency of attacks by figuring out the triggers that bring on attacks.
- Exposure to bright lights
- Severe temperatures
- Dramatic changes in barometric pressure
- Changes in hormone levels in female patients, like estrogen and progesterone fluctuations that take place during menstrual periods, pregnancy, or menopause
- High stress levels
- Loud noises
- Expending physical energy
- Undernourishment or malnourishment
- Certain foods, such as salty and processed foods
- Getting too much or too little sleep
- Some medications, like birth control or nitroglycerin
- Strange smells
- Alcohol consumption
Chiropractic Migraine Treatment near Wayzata, MN
When you trust our Wayzata, MN chiropractors with your care, we will draw from an arsenal of treatment methods that may be effective in addressing the source of your migraines. We take the time to understand your condition and goals so we can provide the Wayzata, MN migraine treatments that are right for you.
Learn about some of the chiropractic migraine treatment methods that have been successful for many Wayzata, MN migraine patients.
- Spinal Manipulation - hands-on spinal adjustments. Spinal manipulations can address migraines by improving blood flow in the nervous system, affecting the way nerves send signals from the body to the brain, and reducing tightness and inflammation. Unlike other possible migraine treatment options like medications, chiropractic spinal manipulations carry minimal risk of side effects and complications.
- Massage therapy - manual massaging of the muscles. In Wayzata, MN massage therapy for migraine treatment, we pay special attention to releasing trigger points found in the back, shoulder, neck, and head. This can relax muscles, improve blood flow, and reduce stress. Massage therapy also provides relief to compressed nerves that can cause pain and contribute to migraine pain.
- Multidisciplinary approach - looking at the big picture to provide comprehensive intervention for your migraines. Our Wayzata, MN migraine treatment chiropractors never focus on just one thing when treating a patient. When you come to us for migraine treatment, we will work with you to develop a plan that works and addresses all aspects of migraines in your life. We may prescribe home exercises, relaxation techniques, stress management, dietary counseling, or lifestyle changes to help treat your migraines in Wayzata, MN.
As with any treatment method or health care solution, there is no one-size-fits-all solution. What worked well for one person may not be effective for you. It is important that you consult with a chiropractor or talk to your primary care physician before trying a new type of migraine treatment.
The Wayzata, MN chiropractors of Total Spine Health and Injury Center pride themselves on offering private, individualized migraine treatment and other chiropractic and massage therapy services. We take the time to understand your condition, medical history, and general level of health to figure out what chiropractic care, if any, is right for your migraine treatment needs.
Our Wayzata, MN chiropractors, massage therapists, and customer service team have the skill and experience necessary to offer a full range of spinal health and chiropractic treatment services. In addition to migraine treatment, our team specializes in areas such as:
- Herniated Disc Treatment
- Work Injury Treatment
- Family Chiropractic
- Massage Therapy
- Headache Relief
- Auto Accident Chiropractors Near Me
- Chiropractic Adjustment
- Whiplash Treatment
Get Migraine Treatment near Wayzata, MN Today
When you need effective migraine treatment, chiropractic care can be incredibly helpful. Our Wayzata, MN chiropractic migraine treatment doctors have seen great success in alleviating the symptoms and minimizing the onset of attacks for countless Wayzata, MN patients living with migraines. Our capable team will formulate the best chiropractic care plan for your migraine treatment needs.
The chiropractors of Total Spine Health and Injury Center near Wayzata, MN perform safe, effective, tailored migraine treatment using proven interventions. Call us today at (763) 568-7869 or schedule an appointment now.