Work Injury Treatment in Wayzata, MN
Work injury treatment in Wayzata, MN. Did you sustain an injury at work? Is your movement health being affected by back pain, stiffness, disc injuries, or spinal misalignment? Do you want to feel better but are worried about surgery or prescription drugs? Total Spine is here to help.
In addition to the limitations and pain a work injury comes with, it also affects how you can support for your Wayzata, MN family. Chiropractic care has been demonstrated to be an effective work injury treatment for workers who are dealing with a variety of injuries throughout their musculoskeletal system, not just back pain. At Total Spine Health & Injury Center, we take a holistic view of your wellness so that you not only return to work, but stay there. For safe and effective work injury treatment in Wayzata, MN, call Total Spine today at (763) 568-7869 or contact us online.
What Does A Work Injury Treatment Chiropractor In Wayzata, MN Treat?
Typically, there are four types of work injuries that chiropractors treat:
- Repetitive motion injuries — These occur from performing the same motions for long periods of time, day in and day out. These can include anything from carpal tunnel from desk work, axial back pain from being in the same position throughout your work day, or a frozen shoulder from lifting or other, heavier employment.
- Overexertion — Jobs that require more physical exertion, like landscaping or agriculture, can cause someone to overexert themselves and become injured, especially if they're not properly trained or protected. Overexertion injuries are are responsible for the second most missed days from work, and often result in disc injuries and injuries to muscles, tendons, and ligaments.
- Falling injuries — Falls, slips, and trips are the third most common work injury. Common injuries resulting from falls are ligament injuries, broken bones, spinal injuries, back pain, and neck pain.
- Falling object injuries — Jobs that entail machinery place workers at increased risk of being hit by a falling object. Examples of injuries include bruises, broken bones, strains, sprains, and traumatic brain injuries.
Professional chiropractors are capable of treating work injuries beyond just the back and spine, but throughout the body. If a brain injury leads you to have chronic headaches, chiropractors can also offer lasting headache relief.
Work injuries we have helped workers found relief for in Wayzata, MN include:
- Spinal injuries
- Carpal tunnel
- Disc injuries
- Pinched nerves
- Back pain
- Neck pain
- Whiplash injuries
- Shoulder pain
- Extremity injuries
- Myofascial trigger points
What Can a Chiropractor Do For My Work Injuries in Wayzata, MN?
Your work injury treatment from your Wayzata, MN chiropractor will be based on your injury, job, medical history, and the lifestyle you wish to return to. We'll go over the events surrounding your injury, or if you don't know how your injuries happen, work with you to discover what's causing them. After our initial talk, we'll carry out a physical examination, and carry out what imaging tests or motion study analysis we think would be beneficial. Then, we'll determine how to best get you back to work. Chiropractic treatment for workplace injuries typically consists of chiropractic adjustments, also known as spinal alignments, and massage therapy.
Spinal manipulations are carried out by over a dozen different chiropractic techniques that include short, quick thrusts to targeted areas. Contrary to popular belief, chiropractors rarely "push joints back in place." Work injuries interrupt how vertebrae and joints function correctly, and chiropractors release muscle tension. Spinal adjustments help patients reach optimal movement health and ensure your body is functioning in concert, and pain is relieved by freeing up your nervous system.
Massage therapy helps by smoothing out soft tissue and breaking down the scar tissue covering the site of an injury. Practiced since at least 3,000 BCE, massage therapy has been demonstrated to reduce anxiety, increase circulation, in addition to innumerable other benefits.
At Total Spine, we'll come up with a treatment plan based on improving your overall health. We'll also guide you through exercise, nutrition, and lifestyle advice to help your work injury treatment in Wayzata, MN go as quickly as it can and improve your long-term health.
What Our Chiropractic Care Offers For Your Work Injury Treatment in Wayzata, MN
Chiropractors offer innumerable benefits that are not only effective for work injury treatment, but improve how you feel everyday. With our services in Wayzata, MN, you'll enjoy:
- Feeling better than you did before — In addition to reducing pain, chiropractic care can help range of motion, improve blood pressure, and give you more energy and even improve brain activity.
- Patient education — We'll teach you about symptoms and how you can achieve optimal functionality in order to reduce your risk of re-injury and feel better at work than you did before your injuries. We can help you with tips for lifting and other useful strategies to stay safe on the job. Correct posture is imperative for injury prevention.
- Chiropractic for extremities — While chiropractors are associated with the back and spine, an experienced chiropractor will also know how to treat your arms, legs, hands, and feet. Chiropractors have a thorough understanding of the musculoskeletal system, and the same principles of pain relief and optimal function apply equally to the back and other body parts.
- Chiropractic maintenance — "Maintenance" can also be referred to as "wellness" care. Once you've recovered from your injury, we can continue treatment so that you preserve the benefits attained in your acute case, and helps protect your body from the physical stress of your line of work. A lot of our Wayzata, MN work injury patients end up coming in for maintenance after they recover once they discover the benefits of chiropractic care.
Is Chiropractic Care a Better Work Injury Treatment Plan Than Other Options?
Based on research from the Journal of Manipulative and Physiological Therapeutics, workers missed less time away from work when treated by a doctor of chiropractic than when treated by a medical doctor or osteopathic doctor. According to the American Chiropractic Association, people with back injuries who first seek out a medical doctor have a 42.7% chance of having surgery, compared to 1.5% for people who first see a chiropractor. Chiropractic care also reduces the use of opioids and prescription drugs.
Chiropractic can't heal every single injury. If you break a bone, for example, a chiropractor can't fuse it back together, and you'll need physical therapy to build up the strength of weakened muscles. But for the majority of work injuries and symptoms, chiropractic care works because it focuses on the root cause instead of merely treating symptoms.
Paying For Work Injury Treatment in Wayzata, MN
Pursuant to Minnesota Law, employers are legally obligated to provide medical benefits to employees who get hurt at work and chiropractic visits are included in workers' compensation. That includes covering travel costs (gas miles, taxis, public transportation, etc...), costs of obtaining medical records, and other out-of-pocket expenses.
Usually, injured employees in Minnesota have wide leeway in choosing which healthcare provider they want to see. To see why you should choose our team for your work injury treatment in Wayzata, MN, check out our 5-Star rating on Google, our client testimonials, or read why we think we're among the best chiropractors in Minnesota.
Other conditions and injuries we treat in Wayzata, MN include:
- Herniated Disc Treatment
- Family Chiropractic
- Massage Therapy
- Headache Relief
- Auto Accident Chiropractors Near Me
- Chiropractic Adjustment
- Whiplash Treatment
- Migraine Treatment
Call Total Spine For Your Work Injury Treatment in Wayzata, MN
We have three main goals: provide safe pain relief, improve your long-term health, and help our Wayzata, MN friends and family understand the extraordinary benefits of chiropractic can have for our health and wellness. Call Total Spine today at (763) 568-7869 or make an appointment for your work injury treatment in Wayzata, MN.