Whiplash Treatment in Wayzata, MN
Whiplash Treatment Wayzata, MN. While estimates vary, we know that whiplash injuries affect more than one million people annually in the United States alone. While many of these cases are mild, without prompt, targeted whiplash treatment in the Wayzata, MN area, you may be at risk of developing serious chronic complications or long-term symptoms.
The Wayzata, MN whiplash treatment team at Total Spine Health and Injury Center has the clinical experience and practical knowledge to offer care that treats your whiplash injury at its source rather than only temporarily covering up your symptoms. Protect yourself from decades of pain, limitations, and other significant medical conditions; get Wayzata, MN chiropractic whiplash treatment from our dedicated chiropractic team. Call us now at (763) 568-7869, contact us online, or book an appointment near Wayzata, MN today.
Who needs whiplash treatment in Wayzata, MN?
You may need Wayzata, MN whiplash treatment if you were subject to a whiplash injury and are suffering from symptoms. Whiplash is a term referring to a soft tissue neck injury caused by sudden hyperextension and hyperflexion (back and forth motion, like the motion of a whip) and can also be referred to as a neck sprain or strain. Whiplash injuries can range in severity and scope. After a whiplash injury, you may notice a few days of soreness in the neck or could develop chronic pain or serious complications. It is wise to get medical attention after an injury like a whiplash injury to determine if you need Wayzata, MN whiplash treatment.
If you are dealing with neck pain and tightness or any other whiplash symptoms, chiropractic care is an excellent treatment decision. To find out if you may need to see a chiropractor for whiplash treatment, learn about whiplash causes and symptoms below.
Common whiplash causes include:
- Auto accidents. Car accidents and other traffic accidents are the most common cause of whiplash injuries, and rear-end collisions are the most common type of car accident to cause whiplash injuries. 90% of injuries in rear-end accidents are neck injuries including whiplash. The majority of whiplash car accidents occur in lower speed crashes of 25 miles per hour or less. Whiplash injuries can happen in collisions at speeds as low as 5 to 10 miles per hour.
- Contact sports. Whiplash injuries are a risk in sports in which the body may start or stop traveling suddenly, including most contact sports (football, soccer, basketball, boxing, wrestling, etc.) and even other sports like diving. Fortunately, while whiplash is common in football players and other athletes exposed to high-force collisions between players, these kinds of whiplash injuries are rarely serious or permanent.
- Physical assault. Sadly, our Wayzata, MN whiplash treatment doctors see some whiplash patients who have been injured due to some type of physical abuse. They may have sustained a whiplash injury in an accident, an altercation, or domestic violence attacks when the victim is pushed, punched, or shaken. Shaken baby syndrome involves whiplash in infants and can lead to tragic, often fatal conditions such as infantile subdural haematoma. Our Wayzata, MN chiropractors have experience safely treating young children for whom chiropractic care is appropriate.
- Falls. Falling from a higher surface to a lower surface or falling from a ride such as a horse or ATV can also result in whiplash injuries.
These are not the only ways to get whiplash. If any kind of fall, impact, or other accident violently threw your head forward and backward, you might have suffered a whiplash injury. Learn more about whiplash symptoms and diagnosing methods to determine whether whiplash treatment like Wayzata, MN chiropractic care can benefit you.
After getting a whiplash injury, you may experience these symptoms:
- Soreness in the neck
- Neck pain that is exacerbated with movement
- Loss of range of motion in the neck
- Tenderness or pain in the shoulders, upper back, and arms
- Tingling or numbness
Some cases of whiplash are accompanied by additional symptoms such as blurred vision, memory and concentration problems, or tinnitus. If you experience symptoms like these, work with your Wayzata, MN chiropractor or another doctor to get the best possible care for your whiplash symptoms.
For many, whiplash symptoms are manageable and resolve naturally on their own. These patients may choose to try home whiplash treatment strategies like heat/cold applications and over-the-counter medications. Call a whiplash treatment chiropractor or another doctor in the Wayzata, MN area at (763) 568-7869 if your symptoms take a turn for the worse after a period of improvement or continue beyond two weeks after your injury.
However, other cases are more serious. If you experience symptoms that significantly affect your daily life, you should make an appointment from our Wayzata, MN whiplash treatment chiropractor as soon as possible. You should also seek whiplash treatment from a chiropractor or other professional if you are living with long-term whiplash symptoms. Chronic disorders are inordinately prevalent for people with whiplash injuries, with 90% of victims reporting symptoms one to two years after the date of injury and an unsettling 55% reporting symptoms 17 years later. Your ability to move on from this injury and preventing a lifetime of pain and other symptoms is heavily dependent upon getting prompt, effective whiplash treatment in Wayzata, MN right away after being injured. Contact the Total Spine Health and Injury Center's Wayzata, MN whiplash treatment providers for skilled attention for your whiplash injury right away.
Wayzata, MN Whiplash Treatment
Your Wayzata, MN whiplash treatment plan should be written for your condition and your personal needs and goals. You need a whiplash treatment doctor in Wayzata, MN whom you are comfortable with and who will take the time to develop a personalized treatment plan for you. Total Spine Health and Injury Center provides individuals in Wayzata, MN who have been injured with modern, evidence-based treatment practices performed by seasoned medical providers in our private, modern, and clean office settinge. Make an appointment for Wayzata, MN whiplash treatment from one of the top area chiropractors now.
Experts recommend chiropractic as a staple strategy to treat whiplash, among additional target="_blank" rel="nofollow noreferrer noopener">whiplash treatment strategies such as heat or ice applications, anti-inflammatory or muscle relaxant drugs, steroid injections, and physical therapy. The difference between chiropractic and other strategies is that chiropractic care often successfully treats the underlying cause of the whiplash injury rather than treating or masking the symptoms on the surface.
Total Spine Health and Injury Center treats patients young and old who have a wide variety of needs, goals, and conditions near Wayzata, MN. Our Wayzata, MN chiropractic and massage therapy team stays up to date on the most contemporary chiropractic practices and refers to extensive education and experience treating patients to provide the best possible chiropractic care. In addition to whiplash treatment, we have had success providing the following types of care:
Chiropractic Care Techniques Used for Whiplash Treatment
- Spinal manipulation - Your Wayzata, MN chiropractor will perform spinal manipulations as a part of your whiplash treatment plan. Using their hands to gently manipulate your joints, your doctor will to encourage healthy blood flow and range of motion and reduce stiffness and pain.
- Soft-tissue manipulation - In addition to spinal manipulations, your Wayzata, MN chiropractor may gently manipulate the affected soft tissue.
- Manual resistance/stretching - Specific stretching exercises will help loosen up the tight and sore joints in your neck, shoulders, and back.
- Trigger point therapy - Your whiplash treatment chiropractor will identify tight points along the spine and other joints called subluxations, and the tension can be released by applying deep, targeted pressure.
- Interferential electrical stimulation - Your chiropractor may use a machine to send low-frequency electrical current to the muscles, reducing inflammation associated with whiplash.
- Ultrasound - Your Wayzata, MN whiplash treatment chiropractor might employ ultrasounds, which has been shown to minimize muscle spasms, stiffness, and pain by promoting better blood circulation.
- Massage therapy - Our chiropractors and certified massage therapist will administer therapeutic massage to the affected and surrounding areas of the body to loosen tension and offer pain relief.
You need an experienced and knowledgeable chiropractor on your whiplash treatment team near Wayzata, MN. Care for your future self by targeting your injury at the source with chiropractic whiplash treatment. Begin your recovery today with Total Spine Health and Injury Center near Wayzata, MN. Schedule an appointment online now.
Chiropractic Whiplash Treatment near Wayzata, MN: Total Spine Health and Injury Center
Get expert whiplash treatment from leading Wayzata, MN area chiropractors when you have been injured in a car wreck, sports incident, or another type of accident. The doctors and massage therapists at Total Spine Health and Injury Center near Wayzata, MN will be personally invested in your whiplash treatment chiropractic care and will use their skills to address the root source of your symptoms. Learn more about our modern, clean chiropractic office in Maple Grove and what to expect from your first visit or contact our Wayzata, MN chiropractic office today to start on your path to recovery from your whiplash injury.