Whiplash Treatment in Plymouth, MN
Whiplash Treatment Plymouth, MN. While estimates vary, we know that whiplash injuries affect more than one million people annually in the US alone. While many of whiplash injuries can heal with minimal medical care, without prompt, targeted whiplash treatment in the Plymouth, MN area, you may be at risk of developing serious chronic complications or long-term symptoms.
The Plymouth, MN whiplash treatment team at Total Spine Health and Injury Center has the clinical experience and practical knowledge to offer care that treats your whiplash injury at its source rather than simply temporarily covering up your symptoms. Protect yourself from endless years of pain, limitations, and other significant problems; get Plymouth, MN chiropractic whiplash treatment from our compassionate chiropractic team. Reach us now at (763) 568-7869, contact us online, or book an appointment near Plymouth, MN today.
Who needs whiplash treatment in Plymouth, MN?
If you believe you have a whiplash injury and are experiencing symptoms, you may need Plymouth, MN whiplash treatment. Whiplash is a term referring to a soft tissue neck injury caused by sudden hyperextension and hyperflexion (back and forth motion, like the motion of a whip) and can also be referred to as a neck sprain or strain. Whiplash injuries vary in severity and scope. After a whiplash injury, you may notice a few days of soreness in the neck or could suffer from chronic pain or serious complications. It is wise to get medical attention after an injury like a whiplash injury to learn whether you need Plymouth, MN whiplash treatment.
If you are dealing with neck pain and tightness or any other whiplash symptoms, seeing a chiropractor can be an excellent treatment option. To find out if you may need to see a chiropractor for whiplash treatment, learn about the causes and symptoms of whiplash below.
The most common causes of whiplash injuries are:
- Auto accidents. The majority of whiplash injuries occur in car accidents and other auto accidents, and rear-end collisions are the most common type of car accident to cause whiplash injuries. 90% of injuries in rear-end accidents are neck injuries including whiplash. The majority of whiplash car accidents take place during crashes that happen at speeds under 25 miles per hour, with whiplash injuries resulting from collisions at speeds as low as 5 to 10 miles per hour.
- Contact sports. Whiplash injuries can occur in sports in which the body may abruptly stop or start moving by force, including most contact sports (football, soccer, basketball, boxing, wrestling, etc.) and even other sports like diving. Fortunately, while whiplash is common in football players and other athletes exposed to high-force collisions between players, whiplash sports injuries are rarely serious or permanent.
- Physical assault. Sadly, our Plymouth, MN whiplash treatment doctors see some whiplash patients who have been injured due to some type of physical abuse. Whiplash could be caused by an accident, an altercation, or domestic violence attacks when the victim is pushed, punched, or shaken. In infants, whiplash from shaking, known as shaken baby syndrome, can cause tragic, often fatal conditions such as infantile subdural haematoma. Our Plymouth, MN chiropractors have cared for young children for whom chiropractic care is appropriate.
- Falls. Falling from a higher surface to a lower surface or falling from a ride such as a horse or ATV may also cause whiplash injuries.
This is not a complete list of whiplash causes. If any kind of fall, impact, or other accident violently threw your head forward and backward, you might have suffered a whiplash injury. Understanding what symptoms to look out for and how whiplash is diagnosed can help you figure out whether whiplash treatment like Plymouth, MN chiropractic care can benefit you.
After getting a whiplash injury, some common symptoms you might experience are:
- Neck soreness
- Neck pain that is exacerbated with movement
- Loss of range of motion in the neck
- Tenderness or pain in the shoulders or upper back and arms
- Tingling or numbness
In addition to the common symptoms of whiplash listed above, you may experience additional symptoms such as blurred vision, memory and concentration problems, or tinnitus. If you begin to notice symptoms like these, look to your Plymouth, MN chiropractor or physician for help finding the proper treatment for your whiplash symptoms.
Some cases of whiplash are manageable and resolve naturally on their own. These patients should try home whiplash treatment methods like applying heat and over-the-counter anti-inflammatory pain relievers. Call (763) 568-7869 to speak to a whiplash treatment chiropractor near Plymouth, MN if symptoms take a turn for the worse after a period of improvement or persist beyond two weeks after your injury.
However, other cases are more serious. If you experience symptoms that significantly affect your ability to enjoy life, you should request an appointment from our Plymouth, MN whiplash treatment chiropractor as soon as possible. It is also important to receive whiplash treatment from a chiropractor or other professional if you are living with long-term whiplash symptoms. Chronic disorders are alarmingly common for people with whiplash injuries, with 90% of victims reporting symptoms one to two years after the date of injury and an unsettling 55% reporting symptoms an entire 17 years later. Your potential for recovering completely and preventing a lifetime of pain and debilitating conditions is heavily dependent upon getting quick, proven whiplash treatment in Plymouth, MN at your earliest opportunity after being injured. Contact the Plymouth, MN whiplash treatment team at Total Spine Health and Injury Center to receive help addressing your whiplash right away.
Whiplash Treatment in Plymouth, MN
You need a whiplash treatment plan in Plymouth, MN that is written for your injury and personal goals. It is important that you find a whiplash treatment chiropractor in Plymouth, MN whom you are comfortable with and who will take the time to develop a personalized treatment plan for you. Total Spine Health and Injury Center near Plymouth, MN provides modern, chiropractic care performed by accomplished treatment professionals in our private, modern, and clean officee. Request an appointment for Plymouth, MN whiplash treatment from one of the top area chiropractors immediately.
Chiropractic care is one of the recommended treatments for whiplash, among additional target="_blank" rel="nofollow noreferrer noopener">whiplash treatment strategies such as heat or ice applications, NSAIDS or muscle relaxant drugs, steroids, and physical therapy. Compared to these other strategies, chiropractic care is distinct in that it addresses the underlying cause of the whiplash injury instead of treating or temporarily masking the symptoms on the surface.
Total Spine Health and Injury Center serves patients of all ages with a wide variety of needs, goals, and physical complaints in the Plymouth, MN area. Our Plymouth, MN chiropractic and massage therapy team stays up to date on the most contemporary chiropractic practices and draws from years of specialized education and experience treating patients to provide the best possible chiropractic care. Our treatment team has experience successfully treating many different conditions, including:
- Herniated Disc Treatment
- Work Injury Treatment
- Family Chiropractic
- Massage Therapy
- Headache Relief
- Auto Accident Chiropractors Near Me
- Chiropractic Adjustment
- Migraine Treatment
What techniques with my whiplash treatment chiropractor use?
- Spinal manipulation - Spinal manipulations will almost certainly be a part of your Plymouth, MN whiplash treatment plan. Using their hands to gently manipulate your joints, your doctor will to increase blood flow and range of motion while eliminating stiffness and pain.
- Soft-tissue manipulation - In addition to spinal manipulations, your Plymouth, MN chiropractor may gently manipulate the affected soft tissue.
- Manual resistance/stretching - Muscle energy therapy and other joint therapies will help loosen up the tight and sore neck, back, and shoulder joints.
- Trigger point therapy - You have tight points in your spine and other joint referred to as subluxations, and the tension can be released by applying deep, targeted pressure.
- Interferential electrical stimulation - This chiropractic treatment technique uses a device that sends low-frequency electrical current to the muscles, reducing inflammation associated with whiplash.
- Ultrasound - Your Plymouth, MN whiplash treatment chiropractor may employ ultrasound technology, which has been shown to minimize muscle spasms, stiffness, and pain by fostering better blood circulation.
- Massage therapy - Our chiropractors and certified massage therapist will administer therapeutic massage to the affected and surrounding areas of the body to reduce tension and offer pain relief.
You need an experienced and knowledgeable Plymouth, MN chiropractor to lead your whiplash treatment. Care for your future self by beginning quality chiropractic whiplash treatment now to address the source of your whiplash injury and avoid a lifetime of pain and other whiplash symptoms. Take the first step toward your recovery today with Total Spine Health and Injury Center near Plymouth, MN. Book an appointment online as soon as you can.
Get Plymouth, MN Chiropractic Whiplash Treatment: Total Spine Health and Injury Center
Receive expert whiplash treatment from trusted Plymouth, MN area chiropractors after sustaining a whiplash injury in a car wreck, sports incident, or another type of accident. The doctors and massage therapists at Total Spine Health and Injury Center near Plymouth, MN will be personally invested in your whiplash treatment chiropractic care and will use their skills to address the root cause of your symptoms. Learn more about our modern, clean chiropractic office in Maple Grove and what to expect from your first visit or contact our Plymouth, MN chiropractic office today to start on your path to recovery from your whiplash injury.