Work Injury Treatment in Plymouth, MN
Work injury treatment in Plymouth, MN. Have you been injured on the job? Is your movement health being affected by chronic pain or other symptoms? Do you want to feel better but are worried about invasive procedures or prescription medicine? Chiropractic care may be your answer.
Beyond the limitations and pain a work injury causes, it also impacts your ability to support for your Plymouth, MN loved ones. Chiropractic care has proven to be an effective work injury treatment for employers who are suffering a variety of issues affecting any body part, not just back pain. At Total Spine Health & Injury Center, we focus on your overall wellness to ensure that you not only get back to work, but feel great once you get there. For safe and successful work injury treatment in Plymouth, MN, call Total Spine today at (763) 568-7869 or request an appointment.
What Does A Work Injury Treatment Chiropractor In Plymouth, MN Treat?
Typically, there are four types of work injuries that chiropractors treat:
- Repetitive motion injuries — These occur from carrying out the same movements for weeks, months, or years. Examples are carpal tunnel from using a keyboard all day, non-specific back pain from standing throughout your work day, or a pinched nerve in your back from more physically intensive employment.
- Overexertion — Jobs that require more physical exertion, like construction or agriculture that require lifting, pulling, pushing, and carrying can cause acute injuries. Overexertion injuries are the second leading nonfatal injury from work, and common examples include disc injuries and injuries to muscles, tendons, and ligaments.
- Falling injuries — Falls, slips, and trips are the third leading cause of missing days from work. Common injuries resulting from falls are ligament injuries, fractures, spinal injuries, and nerve damage.
- Injuries caused by falling objects — Jobs that entail heavy equipment put workers at higher risk of being hit by a falling object. Examples of injuries include contusions, fractures, strains, sprains, and traumatic brain injuries.
Professional chiropractors are capable of treating work injuries beyond just the back and spine, but soft tissue and brain injuries, and anything else that affects the muscles and nervous system. If a brain injury causes chronic migraines, chiropractic care can also provide long-term headache relief.
Work injuries we frequently treat in Plymouth, MN include:
- Spinal injuries
- Carpal tunnel
- Disc injuries
- Pinched nerves
- Back pain
- Neck pain
- Whiplash injuries
- Shoulder pain
- Extremity injuries
- Myofascial pain
What Can a Chiropractor Do For My Work Injuries in Plymouth, MN?
Your work injury treatment from your Plymouth, MN chiropractor will depend on the nature of your injury, realities of your job and lifestyle, your medical history. We'll go over the events surrounding your injury, or if you have symptoms but are unsure why, work backwards to find out what's causing them. After our initial talk, we'll conduct a physical examination, and perform what X-rays or motion study analysis we think would be beneficial. Then, we'll determine how to best get you back to work. Chiropractic treatment for workplace injuries usually includes chiropractic adjustments, also referred to as spinal alignments, and massage therapy.
Chiropractic adjustments are done through a variety of chiropractic techniques that include short, quick thrusts to targeted areas. Contrary to general belief, chiropractors rarely "push bones back in place." Work injuries restrict movement of vertebrae and joints, and chiropractors release tensions interfering with how the body works. In doing so, we help patients reach optimal functionality and help your body work harmoniously with itself, and symptoms are relieved by freeing up your nervous system.
Massage therapy helps by smoothing out soft tissue and encourage the breakdown of scar tissue caused by an injury. Practiced for over 5,000 years, massage therapy has been demonstrated to relieve anxiety, increase blood flow, in addition to countless other benefits.
At Total Spine, we'll develop a treatment plan that takes your overall health into account. We'll offer exercise, nutrition, and lifestyle suggestions to help your work injury treatment in Plymouth, MN go as quickly as possible and promote your long-term health.
Benefits of Chiropractic Care for Work Injury Treatment in Plymouth, MN
Chiropractic care offers countless benefits that not only help in work injury treatment, but improve how you feel everyday. With our Plymouth, MN chiropractors, you'll enjoy:
- Feeling better every day — Beyond just reducing pain, chiropractic care can help range of motion, lower blood pressure, and can improve digestion and even improve brain function.
- Patient education — We'll help you understand the nature of your injuries and how our bodies work in order to reduce your risk of re-injury and perform at work better than ever. We'll teach you about posture correction and other ways to stay safe on the job. Correct posture is imperative for injury prevention.
- Chiropractic for extremities — While chiropractors are associated with the back and spine, an experienced chiropractor will also be able to treat your arms, legs, hands, and feet. Chiropractors have a thorough grasp of the musculoskeletal system, and the same principles of pain relief and optimal function apply equally to the back and other body parts.
- Chiropractic maintenance — "Maintenance" can also be referred to as "wellness" care. Once you've recovered from your injury, we can continue treatment so that you stay at optimal health and can protect your body from the physical stress of your job. Many of our Plymouth, MN work injury patients end up coming in for regular visits once they understand what chiropractic can do for their health and wellness.
How Does Chiropractic Compare to Other Work Injury Treatment Options?
Based on research from the Journal of Manipulative and Physiological Therapeutics, employees were able to return to work more quickly under chiropractic care than medical or osteopathic treatment. Chiropractic care is also a great option for avoiding the need for surgery and reducing the risk of prescription drug dependency.
Chiropractic isn't the best treatment plan for all injuries. If you break a bone, for example, a chiropractor can't fuse it back together, and you'll need physical therapy to build up the strength of weakened muscles. But for most work injuries and symptoms, chiropractic care works because it addresses the root cause instead of merely masking symptoms.
Paying For Work Injury Treatment in Plymouth, MN
Pursuant to Minnesota Law, employers must provide medical benefits to employees after a work injury and chiropractic visits are covered under workers' compensation. That includes covering transportation expenses (gas miles, rideshares, public transportation, etc...), costs of obtaining medical records, and other out-of-pocket expenses.
Usually, workers in Minnesota have wide leeway in choosing which healthcare provider they want to see. To see why you should choose our team for your work injury treatment in Plymouth, MN, check out our 5-Star reviews on Google, our patient testimonials, or read more on how to find the best chiropractors in Minnesota.
Other conditions and injuries we treat in Plymouth, MN include:
- Herniated Disc Treatment
- Family Chiropractic
- Massage Therapy
- Headache Relief
- Auto Accident Chiropractors Near Me
- Chiropractic Adjustment
- Whiplash Treatment
- Migraine Treatment
Call Total Spine For Your Work Injury Treatment in Plymouth, MN
We have three main goals: provide lasting pain relief, improve your total wellness, and help our Plymouth, MN friends and family learn the countless benefits of chiropractic care. Call Total Spine today at (763) 568-7869 or request an appointment for your work injury treatment in Plymouth, MN.