Migraine Treatment near Anoka, MN
Migraine Treatment near Anoka, MN. If you have ever had a migraine, you understand the urgency of needing to find effective Anoka, MN migraine treatment. Migraines affect millions of people in the United States including Anoka, MN every year, many of whom experience a migraine so severe that it disrupts their ability to work and function. If you have migraines in Anoka, MN and have tried multiple treatment methods with little success, you are not alone. Getting chiropractic care from a chiropractor in Anoka, MN may be the intervention you need.
If you suffer from migraines and need a migraine treatment solution that works, try Total Spine Health and Injury Center in Maple Grove, MN. Our chiropractic team near Anoka, MN offers private, individualized care in our sleek, modern, and comfortable clinic. Find out how the Total Spine migraine treatment team can help you by contacting us to consult with a specialist or scheduling your first appointment now.
Migraine Treatment Anoka, MN: About Migraines
A migraine is not just a bad headache. The neurological condition is typically (but not always) associated with strong headaches, but also brings with it any number of a variety of other symptoms.
There is still a lot we do not know about migraines, which is why there is no one widely accepted, effective migraine treatment recommended by the medical community. We do know, however, that hormones and neurotransmitters play a role in migraines, and the resulting restriction of blood vessels in the brain can contribute to migraine pain.
Finding the right Anoka, MN migraine treatment for you could depend upon determining the cause of your migraines and the onset of attacks. When you turn to our Anoka, MN chiropractors for migraine treatment, your Anoka, MN migraine treatment team will start by assessing your unique case, analyzing your symptoms and triggers.
Prevalence of Migraines
- One billion people in the world have migraines.
- One out of 5 women and one out of six US citizens have suffered migraines within the last three months.
- Migraines and headaches are the fourth leading reason for seeking emergency medical care.
- Groups most affected by migraines are unemployed adults, families living in poverty, and young and middle aged adults up to 44 years of age.
- Of those who have had migraines, 31.1% have three or more migraines per month.
- 53.7% of individuals who get migraines have such severe migraine symptoms that they are confined to bedrest or experience temporary disability.
- In the US, migraines cost $13 billion in lost labor and productivity annually
Migraine Treatment in Anoka, MN: Recognizing the Symptoms
There are a vast number of different symptoms you might encounter when you have a migraine. Below are just a few common symptoms. If you have been diagnosed with migraines, have genetic family members with migraines, or have had any of the following symptoms, you may be a good candidate for Anoka, MN chiropractic migraine treatment.
- Strong throbbing or dull aching pain either on one side or both sides of your head
- Pain that gets worse with physical activity
- Nausea or vomiting
- Numbness or tingling
- Blurred vision, tunnel vision, or blind spots
- Difficulty speaking
- Stuffy nose
- Cold sweats or hot flashes
- Neck soreness, stiffness, or tightness
- Tender scalp
A migraine attack is characterized by four distinct stages: prodrome, aura, headache and postdrome. The entire migraine episode can endure for anywhere between 8 to 72 hours.
A migraine does not necessarily have to present all distinct stages, and some patients have symptoms from more than one stage at the same time. Auras are not incredibly common, affecting around 30% of migraine sufferers.
Migraine Treatment in Anoka, MN: Knowing Your Migraine Triggers
When you realize you need a good migraine treatment plan, it is also beneficial to learn what actions you can take to avoid migraine attacks from beginning. By working with our migraine treatment chiropractor near Anoka, MN, you will get to understand the unique characteristics of your migraines and learn how to treat them. Total Spine migraine treatment doctors in the Anoka, MN area take an individualized approach to caring for every patient.
If you know the excruciating pain and disfunction of migraine attacks, act now and find a migraine treatment professional near Anoka, MN as soon as possible. In addition to getting professional care to address the condition, you may find that you can reduce the recurrence of attacks by identifying factors that trigger attacks.
- Exposure to bright lights
- Severe temperatures
- Changes in barometric pressure
- For female patients, hormonal changes such as estrogen and progesterone fluctuations that take place during menstrual periods, pregnancy, or menopause
- High stress levels
- Loud noises
- Expending physical energy
- Undernourishment or malnourishment
- Certain foods, such as salty and processed foods
- Getting too much or too little sleep
- Use of certain medications, like birth control or nitroglycerin
- Strange smells
- Alcohol use
Chiropractic Migraine Treatment near Anoka, MN
When you trust our Anoka, MN chiropractors with your care, we will draw from an arsenal of treatment methods that could be effective in addressing the source of your migraines. We will work closely with you to understand your condition and goals so we can provide the best possible Anoka, MN migraine treatment.
Below are some of the chiropractic migraine treatment methods that have been effective for many Anoka, MN migraine patients.
- Spinal Manipulation - hands-on adjustments to the spine. Spinal manipulations can address migraines by improving blood flow in the nervous system, affecting the way nerves send signals from the body to the brain, and reducing tightness and inflammation. Unlike other possible migraine treatment options like medications, chiropractic spinal manipulations run little risk of side effects and complications.
- Massage therapy - manual massaging of the muscles. In Anoka, MN massage therapy for migraine treatment, we pay special attention to releasing trigger points throughout the back, shoulder, neck, and head. Massage therapy helps relax muscles, improve blood flow, and reduce stress. It can also help treat migraines by alleviating any compressed nerves causing pain.
- Multidisciplinary approach - intervention through a comprehensive treatment plan. Our Anoka, MN migraine treatment chiropractors never focus on just one thing in the treatment of every patient. For migraine treatment patients, we will put together a plan that works and targets all factors in your life related to your migraines. We may prescribe home exercises, relaxation techniques, stress management, dietary counseling, or lifestyle changes to help treat your migraines in Anoka, MN.
As always, there is no specific solution that works for everyone. What was effective for one person may not be effective for you. Be safe and make sure to consult with a chiropractic doctor or speak to your primary care doctor before trying a new type of migraine treatment.
The Anoka, MN chiropractors of Total Spine Health and Injury Center pride themselves on offering custom, individualized migraine treatment and other chiropractic and massage therapy services. We take care to understand your condition, medical history, and general level of health to determine how our chiropractors can provide the migraine treatment you need.
Our Anoka, MN chiropractors, massage therapists, and customer service team have the skill and experience necessary to offer a full range of spinal health and chiropractic treatment services. In addition to migraine treatment, our team specializes in areas such as:
- Herniated Disc Treatment
- Work Injury Treatment
- Family Chiropractic
- Massage Therapy
- Headache Relief
- Auto Accident Chiropractors Near Me
- Chiropractic Adjustment
- Whiplash Treatment
Get Migraine Treatment near Anoka, MN Today
When you need effective migraine treatment, seeing a chiropractor can be incredibly helpful. Our Anoka, MN chiropractic migraine treatment doctors have seen great success in managing the symptoms and reducing the onset of episodes for countless Anoka, MN patients living with migraines. Our capable team will formulate the best chiropractic treatment plan for your migraine treatment needs.
The chiropractors of Total Spine Health and Injury Center near Anoka, MN offer safe, effective, tailored migraine treatment using evidence-based interventions. Call us today at (763) 568-7869 or make an appointment now.