Work Injury Treatment in Anoka, MN
Work injury treatment in Anoka, MN. Did you suffer an injury on the job? Is your movement health being affected by chronic pain or other symptoms? Do you need to recover but are worried about surgery or prescription drugs? Chiropractic care is your solution.
In addition to the limitations and pain a work injury comes with, it also affects how you can put food on the table for your Anoka, MN family. Chiropractic care has proven to be an effective work injury treatment for employers who are dealing with a variety of injuries throughout their musculoskeletal system, not just back pain. At Total Spine Health & Injury Center, we focus on your long-term wellness so that you not only return to work, but stay there. For safe and effective work injury treatment in Anoka, MN, call Total Spine today at (763) 568-7869 or tell us how we can help you online.
Common Work Injuries That Anoka, MN Chiropractic Care Can Treat
Generally, work injuries occur for one of four reasons:
- Repetitive motion injuries — These occur from performing the same movements for long periods of time, day in and day out. Examples are carpal tunnel from working on a computer all day, axial back pain from being in the same position throughout your work day, or a frozen shoulder from lifting or other, heavier employment.
- Overexertion — Jobs that require more intensive physical activity, like landscaping or mining, can lead someone to overexert themselves and become injured, especially if they're not properly trained or protected. Overexertion injuries are are responsible for the second most missed days from work, and common examples include disc injuries and injuries to soft tissue.
- Falling injuries — Falls, slips, and trips are the third leading cause of missing days from work. Common injuries resulting from falls are ligament injuries, broken bones, spinal misalignment, and nerve damage.
- Injuries caused by falling objects — Jobs that entail machinery put workers at heightened risk of being struck by a falling object. Common injuries include contusions, broken bones, strains, sprains, and traumatic brain injuries.
Licensed chiropractors are capable of treating work injuries beyond just the back and spine, but a variety of body parts and functional issues. If a brain injury causes persistent headaches, chiropractic care can also provide significant headache relief.
Work injuries we have helped people found relief for in Anoka, MN include:
- Spinal injuries
- Carpal tunnel
- Disc injuries
- Pinched nerves
- Back pain
- Neck pain
- Whiplash injuries
- Shoulder pain
- Extremity injuries
- Myofascial trigger points
How Do Chiropractors Treat Work Injuries in Anoka, MN?
Your work injury treatment from your Anoka, MN chiropractor will depend on your injury, job, medical history, and the lifestyle you wish to return to. We'll discuss the events surrounding your injury, or if you don't know how your injuries happen, work backwards to find out the root problem. After our initial talk, we'll do a physical examination, and carry out what X-rays or motion study analysis we think we need to. Then, we'll decide on your course of treatment. Chiropractic treatment for workplace injuries usually includes chiropractic adjustments, also known as spinal alignments, and massage therapy.
Chiropractic alignments are done through over a dozen different chiropractic techniques that include short, quick thrusts to targeted areas. Contrary to general belief, chiropractors rarely "push joints back in place." Work injuries restrict movement of vertebrae and joints, and these thrusts release muscle tension. In doing so, we help workers reach optimal movement health and ensure your body is functioning harmoniously with itself, and pain is relieved by relieving the stress a misalignment causes to the nervous system.
Massage therapy can treat an injury by encouraging blood flow to and relieving soft tissue and breaking down the scar tissue caused by an injury. Practiced since at least 3,000 BCE, massage therapy is proven to improve your mood, increase blood flow, and offer countless other benefits.
At Total Spine, we'll come up with a treatment plan that takes your overall health into account. We'll also guide you through exercise, nutrition, and other advice to help your work injury treatment in Anoka, MN go as smoothly as it can and promote your health in the future.
Anoka, MN Chiropractor: More Than Just Work Injury Treatment
Chiropractors offer countless benefits that not only help in work injury treatment, but improve your overall life. With our Anoka, MN chiropractors, you'll enjoy:
- Feeling better every day — In addition to reducing pain, chiropractic care can help range of motion, improve blood pressure, and can improve digestion and even improve brain activity.
- Patient education — We'll teach you about injuries and how our bodies work in order to stay injury free and perform at work better than ever. We'll teach you about tips for lifting and other ways to avoid another work injury in the future. Correct posture is essential for injury prevention.
- Chiropractic for extremities — While most people, possibly rightly so, immediately think of the back and spine when they think of chiropractic care, a professional chiropractor will also be able to treat your extremities. Chiropractors have a deep understanding of the musculoskeletal system, and the principles that apply to the joints, muscles, ligaments, tendons, and nerves in your back apply to the rest of your body as well.
- Chiropractic maintenance — "Maintenance" can also be referred to as "preventive" care. Maintenance comes after the acute issue, and ensures that you stay at optimal health and can protect your body from the physical stress of your job. A lot of our Anoka, MN work injury patients end up coming in for maintenance after they recover once they discover the benefits of chiropractic care.
How Does Chiropractic Compare to Other Work Injury Treatment Options?
Based on research from the Journal of Manipulative and Physiological Therapeutics, employees were able to return to work faster under chiropractic care than medical or osteopathic treatment. According to the American Chiropractic Association, people with back injuries who first seek out a medical doctor have a 42.7% likelihood of surgery, compared to 1.5% for people who first see a chiropractor. Chiropractic care also decreases the need of opioids and prescription drugs.
Chiropractic can't heal every single injury. If you break a bone, for example, a chiropractor can't fuse it back together, and you'll need physical therapy to rebuild and retrain atrophied muscles. But for the majority of work injuries and symptoms, chiropractic care works because it addresses the underlying issue instead of just masking symptoms.
Paying For Work Injury Treatment in Anoka, MN
Because of Minnesota Law, employers are required to provide medical benefits to employees who get hurt at work and chiropractic visits are included in workers' compensation. They also need to cover costs related to travel (gas miles, Uber or Lyft, public transportation, etc...), costs of obtaining medical records, and other out-of-pocket expenses.
Generally, workers in Minnesota are allowed to choose the healthcare provider they want. To learn why you should choose our team for your work injury treatment in Anoka, MN, check out our 5-Star reviews on Google, our patient testimonials, or read why we think we're among the best chiropractors in Minnesota.
Other services we offer in Anoka, MN include:
- Herniated Disc Treatment
- Family Chiropractic
- Massage Therapy
- Headache Relief
- Auto Accident Chiropractors Near Me
- Chiropractic Adjustment
- Whiplash Treatment
- Migraine Treatment
Call Total Spine For Your Work Injury Treatment in Anoka, MN
We have three main goals: provide effective pain relief, boost your overall health, and help our Anoka, MN friends and family learn the countless benefits of chiropractic can have for our health and wellness. Call Total Spine today at (763) 568-7869 or tell us how we can help you online for your work injury treatment in Anoka, MN.