Whiplash Treatment in Anoka, MN
Whiplash Treatment Anoka, MN. While estimates vary, we know that whiplash injuries happen to more than one million people annually in the US alone. While the majority of these cases are mild, there is a very real risk of serious long-term consequences and disability on top of debilitating acute symptoms when you do not seek quality whiplash treatment in the Anoka, MN area after suffering a whiplash injury.
The Anoka, MN whiplash treatment team at Total Spine Health and Injury Center has the clinical experience and theoretically understanding to safely and effectively treat your whiplash injury at its source instead of only masking your symptoms. Do not resign yourself to endless years of pain, limitations, and other significant problems by getting Anoka, MN chiropractic whiplash treatment from our dedicated chiropractic team. Reach us now at (763) 568-7869, contact us online, or book an appointment near Anoka, MN today.
Do I need whiplash treatment in Anoka, MN?
You may need Anoka, MN whiplash treatment if you were subject to a whiplash injury and are suffering from symptoms. The term whiplash describes a soft tissue neck injury caused by sudden hyperextension and hyperflexion (back and forth motion, like the motion of a whip) and can also be referred to as a neck sprain or strain. Whiplash injuries vary in severity and duration. After a whiplash injury, you may experience as little as a few days of soreness in the neck or could develop long-term pain or serious complications. It is wise to get medical attention after an injury like a whiplash injury to determine if you need Anoka, MN whiplash treatment.
If you are dealing with the symptoms of a whiplash injury such as pain and stiffness, seeing a chiropractor can be an excellent treatment option. To find out if you may need to see a chiropractor for whiplash treatment, learn about the causes and symptoms of whiplash below.
Whiplash is most commonly a result of:
- Auto accidents. The majority of whiplash injuries occur in car accidents and other auto accidents, and rear-end collisions are the most common type of car accident to cause whiplash injuries. 90% of rear-end accident injuries are neck injuries including whiplash. These injuries actually most often take place during crashes that happen at speeds of 25 miles per hour or less, with whiplash injuries resulting from collisions at speeds as low as 5 to 10 miles per hour.
- Contact sports. Whiplash injuries can occur in sports in which the body can abruptly stop or start moving by force, such as most contact sports (football, soccer, basketball, boxing, wrestling, etc.) and some other sports like diving. Fortunately, while whiplash is common in football players and other athletes exposed to high-force collisions between players, whiplash sports injuries are rarely serious or permanent.
- Physical assault. Sadly, some individuals require whiplash treatment in Anoka, MN due to some type of physical abuse. They may have sustained a whiplash injury in an accident, an altercation, or domestic violence attacks when the victim is pushed, punched, or shaken. Shaken baby syndrome involves whiplash in infants and can lead to tragic, often fatal conditions such as infantile subdural haematoma. The Total Spine Anoka, MN chiropractors have experience safely treating young children for whom chiropractic care is appropriate.
- Falls. Falls, such as falling from a height or being thrown from a horse, bicycle, or motorcycle, may also cause whiplash injuries.
This is not a conclusive list of whiplash causes. If your head and neck were abruptly thrown forward and backward, you might have suffered a whiplash injury. Learn more about whiplash symptoms and diagnosing methods to determine whether whiplash treatment like Anoka, MN chiropractic care can benefit you.
If you have a whiplash injury, you may experience symptoms like:
- Neck soreness
- Neck stiffness
- Neck pain that is exacerbated with movement
- Loss of range of motion in the neck
- Tenderness or pain in the shoulders, upper back, and arms
- Arm or hand tingling or numbness
Some cases of whiplash are accompanied by additional symptoms such as blurred vision, memory and ability to concentrate, or tinnitus. If you experience such symptoms, look to your Anoka, MN chiropractor or physician for help finding the best possible care for your whiplash symptoms.
Some cases of whiplash are manageable and resolve naturally on their own. These patients should try home whiplash treatment methods like applying heat and OTC medications. Call a whiplash treatment chiropractor or another doctor in the Anoka, MN area at (763) 568-7869 if symptoms take a turn for the worse after a period of improvement or continue longer than two weeks after your injury.
However, other cases are more serious. If you experience symptoms that significantly affect your daily life, you should make an appointment from our Anoka, MN whiplash treatment chiropractor today. You should also seek chiropractic or other whiplash treatment if you are living with long-term whiplash symptoms. Chronic disorders are alarmingly prevalent among whiplash victims, with 90% of victims reporting symptoms one to two years after the date of injury and a jarring 55% reporting symptoms an entire 17 years later. Your potential for recovering completely and preventing a lifetime of pain and debilitating conditions is heavily dependent upon getting prompt, tailored whiplash treatment in Anoka, MN as soon as possible after sustaining your injury. Contact the Total Spine Health and Injury Center's Anoka, MN whiplash treatment providers for help addressing your whiplash right away.
Whiplash Treatment in Anoka, MN
You need a whiplash treatment plan in Anoka, MN that is catered to your injury and personal goals. It is important that you find a whiplash treatment doctor in Anoka, MN whom you trust and who will take the time to develop a personalized treatment plan for you. Total Spine Health and Injury Center near Anoka, MN provides modern, evidence-based treatment practices from practiced medical professionals in our private, modern, and clean facilitye. Schedule an appointment for whiplash treatment from a leading Anoka, MN chiropractor right away.
Experts recommend chiropractic as a staple strategy to treat whiplash. Other target="_blank" rel="nofollow noreferrer noopener">whiplash treatment suggestions include heat or ice applications, anti-inflammatory or muscle relaxant drugs, steroid injections, and exercises or physical therapy. Compared to these other strategies, chiropractic care often successfully addresses the underlying cause of the whiplash injury instead of merely temporarily masking the symptoms on the surface.
Total Spine Health and Injury Center serves individuals of all ages with a wide range of needs, priorities, and conditions in the Anoka, MN area. Our Anoka, MN chiropractic and massage therapy team stays informed on the latest accepted chiropractic practices and refers to years of specialized education and experience treating patients to perform the best possible chiropractic treatment. Our treatment team has experience successfully treating many different conditions, including:
- Herniated Disc Treatment
- Work Injury Treatment
- Family Chiropractic
- Massage Therapy
- Headache Relief
- Auto Accident Chiropractors Near Me
- Chiropractic Adjustment
- Migraine Treatment
What techniques with my whiplash treatment chiropractor use?
- Spinal manipulation - Your Anoka, MN chiropractor will perform spinal manipulations as a part of your whiplash treatment plan. Your doctor will use their hands to gently move the joints to increase blood flow and range of motion while eliminating stiffness and pain.
- Soft-tissue manipulation - Along with spinal manipulations, your Anoka, MN chiropractor may use their hands and/or instruments to gently manipulate the soft tissues in the affected areas.
- Manual resistance/stretching - Specific stretching exercises can be used to release the tight and sore neck, back, and shoulder joints.
- Trigger point therapy - You have tight points in your spine and other joint referred to as subluxations, and the tension can be released by applying deep, targeted pressure.
- Interferential electrical stimulation - Your chiropractor may use a machine to send low-frequency electrical current to the muscles to reduce inflammation, which can help in whiplash treatment.
- Ultrasound - Your Anoka, MN whiplash treatment chiropractor may employ ultrasounds, which can reduce muscle spasms, stiffness, and pain by fostering better blood circulation.
- Massage therapy - Our chiropractors and certified massage therapist will administer therapeutic massage to the affected and surrounding areas of the body to loosen tension and provide pain relief.
You need an experienced and knowledgeable chiropractor on your whiplash treatment team near Anoka, MN. Care for your future self by targeting your injury at the source with chiropractic whiplash treatment. Begin your recovery today with Total Spine Health and Injury Center near Anoka, MN. Make an appointment online right away.
Leading Anoka, MN Chiropractic Whiplash Treatment: Total Spine Health and Injury Center
Access expert whiplash treatment from trusted Anoka, MN area chiropractors when you have been injured in a car wreck, sports incident, or another type of accident. The doctors and massage therapists at Total Spine Health and Injury Center near Anoka, MN will take a personalized approach to your whiplash treatment chiropractic care and will treat the underlying cause of your symptoms. Learn more about our modern, clean chiropractic office in Maple Grove and what to expect from your first visit or contact our Anoka, MN chiropractic office today to begin your whiplash injury recovery.