Migraine Treatment near Becker, MN
Migraine Treatment near Becker, MN. If you have had the displeasure of experiencing a migraine, you know how dire it is to find effective Becker, MN migraine treatment. Migraines , which can be so severe as to cause disability and disfunction, affect millions of people in the US every year. If you have migraines in Becker, MN and have not had success with the many solutions you have tried, you are not alone. Getting chiropractic care from a chiropractor in Becker, MN may be the intervention you need.
If you suffer from migraines and need a migraine treatment solution that works, try Total Spine Health and Injury Center in Maple Grove, MN. Our Becker, MN chiropractic team offers private, individualized care in a clean and modern setting. Find out how the Total Spine migraine treatment team can help you by contacting us to speak to our team or booking your first appointment now.
Migraine Treatment Becker, MN: About Migraines
A migraine is not just a bad headache. The neurological condition is typically (but not always) associated with strong headaches, but also brings with it any number of a variety of other symptoms.
There is still a lot we do not know about migraines, which explains why there is little consensus from the medical community on the best and most effective migraine treatment. What we know about migraines is that they involve hormone and neurotransmitter activity, and the resulting restriction of blood vessels in the brain can contribute to migraine pain.
Understanding the mechanisms and root cause behind your migraines is critical to accessing the right Becker, MN migraine treatment. When you turn to our Becker, MN chiropractors for migraine treatment, your Becker, MN migraine treatment team will first work to evaluate your unique case, analyzing the symptoms you experience and the triggers that bring on attacks.
Prevalence of Migraines
- One billion people in the world have migraines.
- In any given 3 month span of time, it is estimated that one out of 5 women and one out of six Americans suffer from migraines.
- Migraines and headaches are the fourth leading reason for visits to the emergency room.
- Migraines disproportionately affect unemployed adults, low-income households, and young and middle aged adults up to 44 years of age.
- Of those who have had migraines, 31.1% have at least three migraines per month.
- 53.7% of people who experience migraines have such severe migraine symptoms that they are confined to bedrest or experience temporary disability.
- In the US, migraines cost $13 billion in lost labor and productivity annually
Migraine Treatment in Becker, MN: Recognizing the Symptoms
There are numerous different symptoms you might encounter when you have a migraine. Below we have listed a few common symptoms. If you have been diagnosed with migraines, have genetic family members with migraines, or have had any of the following symptoms, chiropractic migraine treatment in Becker, MN may be right for you.
- Intrusive throbbing or dull aching pain either on one side or both sides of your head
- Pain that worsens when you exert yourself
- Nausea or vomiting
- Numbness or tingling
- Blurred vision, tunnel vision, or blind spots
- Slurring speech or difficulty speaking
- Feeling drained
- Stuffy nose
- Feeling cold or sweaty
- Neck soreness, stiffness, or tightness
- Scalp that is tender to the touch
A migraine attack consists of four distinct phases: prodrome, aura, headache and postdrome. The entire migraine episode can endure for anywhere between 8 to 72 hours.
A migraine does not necessarily have to present all four stages, and some patients have symptoms from more than one stage at once. Auras are not incredibly common, affecting around 30% of migraine sufferers.
Migraine Treatment in Becker, MN: What are my Migraine Triggers?
When you are in need of a good migraine treatment plan, it is also beneficial to learn about anything actions you can take to prevent migraine attacks from beginning. Work with our migraine treatment chiropractors near Becker, MN to understand the unique characteristics of your migraines and how to treat them. Total Spine migraine treatment doctors in the Becker, MN area take a personalized approach to caring for each patient.
If you live in constant fear of when the next debilitating migraine will strike, it is important to get migraine treatment from a professional near Becker, MN as soon as possible. In addition to getting professional care to address the condition, you may find that you can alleviate the frequency of attacks by identifying triggers that bring on attacks.
- Bright lights
- Severe temperatures
- Dramatic changes in barometric pressure
- For female patients, hormonal changes such as estrogen and progesterone fluctuations that occur during menstrual periods, pregnancy, or menopause
- High stress levels
- Loud noises
- Physical exertion
- Skipping meals
- Certain foods, such as salty and processed foods
- Changes in sleep patterns, such as too much sleep or missing sleep
- Use of certain medications, like birth control or nitroglycerin
- Unusual smells
- Alcohol consumption
Chiropractic Migraine Treatment near Becker, MN
Your Becker, MN chiropractor has a multitude of treatment modalities at their disposal that may be effective treat your migraines. We will work closely with you to understand your condition and goals so we can provide the best possible Becker, MN migraine treatment.
Below are a few of the chiropractic migraine treatment methods that have been effective for many Becker, MN migraine patients.
- Spinal Manipulation - hands-on adjustments to the spine. Spinal manipulations can address migraines by impacting blood flow throughout the nervous system, aleviating nerve activity, and reducing tightness and inflammation. Unlike other possible migraine treatment options like medications, chiropractic spinal manipulations carry minimal risk of side effects and complications.
- Massage therapy - manual massaging of the muscles. In Becker, MN massage therapy for migraine treatment, your massage therapist will focus on releasing trigger points throughout the back, shoulder, neck, and head. Massage therapy helps relax muscles, improve blood flow, and reduce stress. Massage therapy can also help treat migraines by alleviating any compressed nerves causing pain.
- Multidisciplinary approach - looking at the big picture to provide comprehensive intervention for your migraines. Our Becker, MN migraine treatment chiropractors always consider all interconnected factors when treating a patient. For migraine treatment patients, we will work with you to develop a plan that works and addresses all aspects of migraines in your life. We may prescribe home exercises, relaxation techniques, stress management, dietary counseling, or lifestyle changes to help treat your migraines in Becker, MN.
As with any treatment method or health care solution, there is no specific solution that works for everyone. What worked well for one person may not be effective for you. It is important that you check with a chiropractic doctor or speak to your primary care doctor before trying a new migraine treatment method.
The Becker, MN chiropractors of Total Spine Health and Injury Center specialize in offering private, personalized migraine treatment and other chiropractic and massage therapy services. We take care to understand your condition, medical history, and general level of health to determine how our chiropractors can provide the migraine treatment you need.
Our Becker, MN chiropractors, massage therapists, and customer service team have the skill and experience necessary to offer a full range of spinal health and chiropractic treatment services. In addition to migraine treatment, our team specializes in areas such as:
- Headache Relief
- Auto Accident Chiropractors Near Me
- Chiropractic Adjustment
- Whiplash Treatment
- Sciatica Pain Treatment
- Chiropractor Near Me
Get Migraine Treatment near Becker, MN Today
When you need effective migraine treatment, chiropractic care can be incredibly helpful. Our Becker, MN chiropractic migraine treatment team has seen a lot of success in managing the symptoms and preventing the onset of attacks for countless Becker, MN patients living with migraines. Our capable team will lead you in finding the best chiropractic treatment plan for your migraine treatment needs.
The chiropractors of Total Spine Health and Injury Center near Becker, MN offer safe, effective, tailored migraine treatment using proven interventions. Call us today at (763) 568-7869 or make an appointment now.