Migraine Treatment near Becker, MN
Migraine Treatment near Becker, MN. If you have ever had a migraine, you understand the urgency of needing to find effective Becker, MN migraine treatment. Migraines affect millions of Americans including Becker, MN every year, many of whom experience a migraine so severe that it disrupts their ability to work and function. Many Becker, MN migraine sufferers have tried countless over-the-counter medications and other medical solutions, to no avail. Getting chiropractic care from a chiropractor in Becker, MN may be the intervention you need.
If you suffer from migraines and need a migraine treatment solution that works, try Total Spine Health and Injury Center in Maple Grove, MN. Our chiropractic team near Becker, MN offers private, personalized care in our sleek, modern, and comfortable setting. Find out how the Total Spine migraine treatment team can help you by contacting us to speak to our team or making your first appointment now.
Migraine Treatment Becker, MN: Understanding Migraines
A migraine is not just a bad headache. The neurological condition is typically (but not always) associated with strong headaches, but also brings with it any number of a variety of other symptoms.
Unfortunately, we still do not know everything there is to know about migraines, which explains why there is little consensus from the medical community on the best and most effective migraine treatment. We do know, however, that hormones and neurotransmitters play a role in migraines, and the narrowing of blood vessels in the brain in response to hormone activity can contribute to migraine pain.
Understanding the mechanisms and root cause behind your migraines is critical to accessing the right Becker, MN migraine treatment. When you turn to our Becker, MN chiropractors for migraine treatment, your Becker, MN migraine treatment team will first work to evaluate your unique case, considering the symptoms you experience and the triggers that bring on attacks.
Prevalence of Migraines
One billion people in the world have migraines.
- One out of 5 women and one out of six US citizens have suffered migraines within the last three months.
- Migraines and headaches are the fourth leading reason for seeking emergency medical care.
- Groups most affected by migraines are unemployed adults, families living in poverty, and adults up to 44 years of age.
- Of those who have had migraines, 31.1% have three or more migraines per month.
- 53.7% of individuals who live with migraines have been unable to function or forced to stay in bed due to the severity of their migraines.
- In the US, migraines cost $13 billion in lost labor and productivity annually
Migraine Treatment in Becker, MN: Recognizing the Symptoms
Your migraine may come with any number of a variety of symptoms associated with the condition. Below we have listed a few common symptoms. If you experience any of the symptoms listed below and believe you suffer from migraines, you may be a good candidate for Becker, MN chiropractic migraine treatment.
- Intense throbbing or dull aching pain either on one side or both sides of your head
- Pain that worsens with physical activity
- Nausea or vomiting
- Numbness or tingling
- Blurred vision, tunnel vision, or blind spots
- Difficulty speaking
- Stuffy nose
- Feeling cold or sweaty
- Neck soreness, stiffness, or tightness
- Tender scalp
A migraine attack consists of four distinct stages: prodrome, aura, headache and postdrome. From prodrome to postdrome, it can take anywhere from 8 to 72 hours for the migraine to run its course.
Not every migraine sufferer experiences all distinct stages, and some experience symptoms from more than one stage at once. Only about 30% of migraine sufferers experience the aura stage.
Migraine Treatment in Becker, MN: Identifying Your Migraine Triggers
When you are in need of a good migraine treatment plan, you can also benefit from learning what you can do to prevent the onset of migraines in the meantime. Work with our migraine treatment chiropractors near Becker, MN to understand the unique characteristics of your migraines and how to treat them. Total Spine migraine treatment doctors in the Becker, MN area take an individualized approach to treating every patient.
If you know the excruciating pain and disfunction of migraine attacks, it is important to get migraine treatment from a professional near Becker, MN as soon as possible. At the same time, you may be able to alleviate the frequency of attacks by figuring out the factors that trigger attacks.
- Exposure to bright lights
- Severe heat or cold
- Dramatic changes in barometric pressure
- Changes in hormone levels in female patients, like estrogen and progesterone fluctuations that occur during menstrual periods, pregnancy, or menopause
- Loud noises
- Skipping meals
- Certain foods, such as salty and processed foods
- Getting too much or too little sleep
- Use of certain medications, like birth control or nitroglycerin
- Strange smells
- Alcohol use
Chiropractic Migraine Treatment near Becker, MN
Your Becker, MN chiropractor has a multitude of treatment modalities at their disposal that could help in addressing the source of your migraines. We take the time to evaluate your condition and understand your goals so we can provide the Becker, MN migraine treatments that are right for you.
Learn about a few of the chiropractic migraine treatment methods that have been effective for many Becker, MN migraine patients.
- Spinal Manipulation - hands-on adjustments to the spine. Spinal manipulations can address migraines by impacting blood flow in the nervous system, aleviating nerve activity, and reducing tightness and inflammation. Unlike many other popular migraine treatment options like medications, chiropractic spinal manipulations carry little risk of side effects and complications.
- Massage therapy - manual massaging of the muscles. In Becker, MN massage therapy for migraine treatment, your massage therapist will focus on releasing trigger points throughout the back, shoulder, neck, and head. Massage therapy helps relax muscles, improve blood flow, and reduce stress. It also provides relief to compressed nerves that can cause pain and contribute to migraine pain.
- Multidisciplinary approach - looking at the big picture to provide comprehensive intervention for your migraines. Our Becker, MN migraine treatment chiropractors always consider all interconnected factors in the treatment of every patient. For migraine treatment patients, we will work with you to develop a plan that works and addresses all aspects of migraines in your life. This could include the use of home exercises, relaxation techniques, stress management, dietary counseling, or lifestyle changes to help treat your migraines in Becker, MN.
As with any treatment method or health care solution, there is no specific solution that works for everyone. What was effective for one person may not be effective for you. Be safe and make sure to consult with a chiropractor or talk to your primary care physician before trying a new type of migraine treatment.
The Becker, MN chiropractors of Total Spine Health and Injury Center specialize in providing private, individualized migraine treatment and other chiropractic and massage therapy services. We take care to understand your condition, medical history, and general level of health to determine what chiropractic care, if any, is right for your migraine treatment needs.
Our Becker, MN chiropractors, massage therapists, and customer service team have the skill and experience necessary to offer a full range of spinal health and chiropractic treatment services. In addition to migraine treatment, our team specializes in areas such as:
Get Migraine Treatment near Becker, MN Today
When you need effective migraine treatment, chiropractic care can be incredibly helpful. Our Becker, MN chiropractic migraine treatment team has seen a lot of success in alleviating the symptoms and reducing the onset of attacks for countless Becker, MN patients living with migraines. Our capable team will formulate the best chiropractic treatment plan for your migraine treatment needs.
The chiropractors of Total Spine Health and Injury Center near Becker, MN will provide safe, effective, tailored migraine treatment using evidence-based interventions. Call us today at (763) 568-7869 or make an appointment now.