Work Injury Treatment in Becker, MN
Work injury treatment in Becker, MN. Have you been injured at work? Is your movement health being affected by back pain, stiffness, disc injuries, or spinal misalignment? Do you need to recover but are worried about invasive procedures or prescription drugs? Total Spine is here to help.
Beyond the pain and discomfort a work injury comes with, it also limits how you can support for your Becker, MN loved ones. Chiropractic care has been demonstrated to be an effective work injury treatment for workers who are suffering a variety of issues throughout their musculoskeletal system, not just injuries involving the back and neck. At Total Spine Health & Injury Center, we focus on your long-term health to ensure that you not only return to work, but stay there. For safe and successful work injury treatment in Becker, MN, call Total Spine today at (763) 568-7869 or tell us how we can help you online.
Common Work Injuries That Becker, MN Chiropractors Treat
Generally, there are four types of work injuries that chiropractors treat:
- Overuse injuries — These occur from performing the same movements for weeks, months, or years. Examples are carpal tunnel from desk work, non-specific back pain from being in the same position all day, or a disc injury from lifting or other, heavier work.
- Overexertion — Jobs that are more physically active, like construction or mining that require lifting, pulling, pushing, and carrying can cause acute injuries. Overexertion injuries are are responsible for the second most missed days from work, and often result in disc injuries and injuries to soft tissue.
- Falling injuries — Falls, slips, and trips are the third leading cause of missing days from work. Injuries can include ligament injuries, broken bones, spinal misalignment, back pain, and neck pain.
- Injuries caused by falling objects — Jobs that entail machinery place workers at increased risk of being struck by a falling object. Examples of injuries include lesions, broken bones, soft tissue injuries, and traumatic brain injuries.
Experienced chiropractors are capable of treating work injuries beyond just the back and spine, but soft tissue and brain injuries, and anything else that affects the muscles and nervous system. If a concussion causes chronic migraines, chiropractic care can also provide meaningful headache relief.
Work injuries we frequently treat in Becker, MN include:
- Spinal issues
- Carpal tunnel
- Disc injuries
- Pinched nerves
- Back pain
- Neck pain
- Whiplash injuries
- Shoulder pain
- Extremity injuries
- Myofascial pain
What Can Chiropractic Care Do For My Work Injuries in Becker, MN?
Your work injury treatment from your Becker, MN chiropractor will depend on the nature of your injury, realities of your job and lifestyle, your medical history. We'll go over what caused your injury, or if you don't know what's causing your symptoms, work backwards to discover the root problem. After a discussion, we'll do a physical examination, and do what imaging tests or motion study analysis we think would be beneficial. Then, we'll develop your treatment plan. Chiropractic treatment for workplace injuries typically includes chiropractic adjustments, also known as spinal alignments, and massage therapy.
Spinal manipulations are carried out by over a dozen different chiropractic techniques that include quick and targeted thrusts to certain areas. A common misconception is that chiropractors "pop bones back in place." Work injuries restrict movement of vertebrae and joints, and chiropractors let out muscle tension. In doing so, we help patients achieve optimal functionality and help your body function as a successful whole, and pain is relieved by relieving the stress an injury causes to the nervous system.
Massage therapy helps by encouraging blood flow to and relieving soft tissue and encourage the breakdown of scar tissue caused by an injury. One of the oldest forms of alternative medicine in the world, massage therapy has been demonstrated to relieve anxiety, improve circulation, and offer innumerable other benefits.
At Total Spine, we'll develop a treatment plan that takes your overall health into account. We'll also guide you through exercise, nutrition, and other suggestions to help your work injury treatment in Becker, MN go as smoothly as possible and promote your health down the road.
What Our Chiropractic Care Offers For Your Work Injury Treatment in Becker, MN
Chiropractors offer countless benefits that are not only effective for work injury treatment, but improve your overall life. With our services in Becker, MN, you'll enjoy:
- Feeling better than you did before — Beyond just dealing with acute injuries that arise, chiropractic care can improve range of motion, improve blood pressure, and give you more energy and even improve brain function.
- Patient education — We'll help you understand the nature of your injuries and how our bodies work in order to reduce your risk of re-injury and feel better at work than you did before your injuries. We'll teach you about tips for lifting and other ways to avoid another work injury in the future. Correct posture is vital for injury prevention.
- Chiropractic for arms, legs, hands, and feet — While most people, possibly rightly so, immediately think of the back and spine when they think of chiropractic care, a professional chiropractor will also be able to treat your extremities. Chiropractors have a thorough knowledge of the musculoskeletal system, and the principles that apply to the joints, soft tissue, and nerves in your back are true for the rest of your body as well.
- Chiropractic maintenance — "Maintenance" is also known as "preventive" care. Once you've recovered from your injury, we can continue treatment so that you stay at optimal health and can relieve any stress your job may continue to put on your musculoskeletal system. A lot of our Becker, MN work injury patients end up coming in for regular visits after they recover once they discover the benefits of chiropractic care.
How Does Chiropractic Compare to Other Work Injury Treatment Options?
According to a study in the Journal of Manipulative and Physiological Therapeutics, workers missed less time away from work when treated by a doctor of chiropractic than when treated by a medical doctor or osteopathic doctor. Chiropractic care is also a great option for avoiding the need for surgery and reducing the risk of prescription drug dependency.
Chiropractic can't heal every single injury. We can't make fractures suddenly come back together, and you'll need physical therapy to build up the strength of weakened muscles. But for most work injuries and symptoms, chiropractic care is a preferred option because it tackles the root cause instead of merely ameliorating symptoms.
How Do I Pay For My Work Injury Treatment in Becker, MN
Because of Minnesota Law, employers are required to provide medical benefits to employees who get hurt on the job through workers' compensation, including chiropractic care. They also need to pay for expenses related to travel (gas miles, rideshares, public transportation, etc...), costs of obtaining medical records, and other out-of-pocket expenses.
In most cases, injured employees in Minnesota are allowed to choose the healthcare provider they want. To learn why you should choose our team for your work injury treatment in Becker, MN, check out our 5-Star reviews on Google, our patient testimonials, or read why we think we're among the best chiropractors in Minnesota.
Other services we offer in Becker, MN include:
- Herniated Disc Treatment
- Family Chiropractic
- Massage Therapy
- Headache Relief
- Auto Accident Chiropractors Near Me
- Chiropractic Adjustment
- Whiplash Treatment
- Migraine Treatment
Call Total Spine For Your Work Injury Treatment in Becker, MN
Our objectives are simple: provide lasting pain relief, boost your total health, and help our Becker, MN friends and family understand the countless benefits of chiropractic can have for our health and wellness. Call Total Spine today at (763) 568-7869 or tell us how we can help you online for your work injury treatment in Becker, MN.