Whiplash Treatment in Becker, MN
Whiplash Treatment Becker, MN. While we do not know the exact count, whiplash injuries happen to more than one million people annually in the US alone. While many of whiplash injuries are mild, without prompt, targeted whiplash treatment in the Becker, MN area, you may be at risk of developing serious chronic complications or long-term symptoms.
The Becker, MN whiplash treatment team at Total Spine Health and Injury Center has the clinical experience and theoretically understanding to offer care that treats your whiplash injury at its source instead of only temporarily covering up your symptoms. Do not resign yourself to endless years of pain, limitations, and other significant medical conditions by getting Becker, MN chiropractic whiplash treatment from our dedicated chiropractic team. talk to us now at (763) 568-7869, contact us online, or book an appointment near Becker, MN today.
Do I need whiplash treatment in Becker, MN?
If you believe you have a whiplash injury and are experiencing symptoms, you may need Becker, MN whiplash treatment. The term whiplash describes a soft tissue neck injury that happens when the head and neck are forced backward and forward and is also referred to as a neck sprain or strain. Whiplash injuries can range in severity and duration. After a whiplash injury, you may notice soreness for a handful of days or could suffer from chronic pain or significant complications. After sustaining a whiplash injury, it is wise to get medical attention to learn whether a whiplash treatment plan is necessary for your recovery in Becker, MN.
If you are dealing with neck pain and tightness or any other whiplash symptoms, seeing a chiropractor can be an excellent treatment option. Find out whether you require whiplash treatment by familiarizing yourself with whiplash causes and symptoms below.
Whiplash is most commonly a result of:
- Auto accidents. Car accidents and other traffic accidents are the most common cause of whiplash injuries, and whiplash injuries are highly likely in certain types of auto accidents — namely rear-end collisions. 90% of rear-end accident injuries are neck injuries including whiplash. The majority of whiplash car accidents occur in lower speed crashes under 25 miles per hour, with whiplash injuries resulting from collisions at speeds as low as 5 to 10 miles per hour.
- Contact sports. Whiplash injuries can occur in sports where the body can start or stop traveling suddenly, such as most contact sports (football, soccer, basketball, boxing, wrestling, etc.) and even other sports like diving. Fortunately, while whiplash is common in football players and other athletes exposed to high-force collisions between players, whiplash sports injuries are seldom serious or permanent.
- Physical assault. Sadly, some individuals require whiplash treatment in Becker, MN due to some type of physical abuse. They may have sustained a whiplash injury in an accident, an altercation, or domestic violence attacks when the victim is pushed, punched, or shaken. Shaken baby syndrome involves whiplash in infants and can result in heartbreaking, often fatal conditions such as infantile subdural haematoma. Our Becker, MN chiropractors have cared for young children for whom chiropractic care is appropriate.
- Falls. Falls, such as falling from a height or being thrown from a horse, bicycle, or motorcycle, may also cause whiplash injuries.
This is not a complete list of whiplash causes. If your head and neck were abruptly thrown forward and backward, you might have a whiplash injury. Learn more about whiplash symptoms and diagnosing methods to figure out whether whiplash treatment like Becker, MN chiropractic care can benefit you.
If you have a whiplash injury, some common symptoms you might experience are:
- Neck soreness
- Neck pain that is exacerbated with movement
- Loss of range of motion in the neck
- Soreness or pain in the shoulders, upper back, and arms
- Tingling or numbness
In addition to the common symptoms of whiplash listed above, you may experience additional symptoms such as blurred vision, memory and concentration problems, or tinnitus. If you begin to notice such symptoms, work with your Becker, MN chiropractor or another doctor to get the proper care for your whiplash symptoms.
For many, whiplash symptoms are manageable and resolve naturally on their own. These patients may choose to look to home whiplash treatment methods like applying heat and OTC anti-inflammatory pain relievers. Call (763) 568-7869 to speak to a whiplash treatment chiropractor near Becker, MN if symptoms get worse after initially getting better or progress beyond two weeks after your injury.
Sometimes, though, whiplash is more serious. If you experience symptoms that significantly disrupt your ability to enjoy life, you should request an appointment from our Becker, MN whiplash treatment chiropractor immediately. It is also important to receive whiplash treatment from a chiropractor or other professional if you have developed chronic whiplash symptoms. Chronic conditions are alarmingly common among whiplash victims. According to one peer-reviewed study, 90% of patients still have symptoms one to two years after the date of injury and a jarring 55% reporting symptoms 17 years later. Your potential for recovering completely and avoiding a lifetime of pain and other conditions is heavily dependent upon getting quick, effective whiplash treatment in Becker, MN at your earliest opportunity after sustaining your injury. Contact the Becker, MN whiplash treatment team at Total Spine Health and Injury Center for skilled attention for your whiplash right away.
Becker, MN Whiplash Treatment
You need a whiplash treatment plan in Becker, MN that is personalized to your condition and your personal needs and goals. It is important that you find a whiplash treatment doctor in Becker, MN whom you trust and who will take the time to develop a personalized treatment plan for you. Total Spine Health and Injury Center provides individuals in Becker, MN who have been injured with modern, evidence-based treatment practices performed by practiced medical providers in a safe, private, clean officee. Book an appointment for whiplash treatment from a leading Becker, MN chiropractor right away.
Chiropractic care is one of the recommended treatments for whiplash, among additional target="_blank" rel="nofollow noreferrer noopener">whiplash treatment strategies such as heat or ice applications, anti-inflammatory or muscle relaxant drugs, steroids, and exercises or physical therapy. Compared to these other strategies, chiropractic care is distinct in that it treats the route of the whiplash injury as opposed to merely temporarily masking the surface symptoms.
Total Spine Health and Injury Center treats patients young and old who have a wide range of needs, priorities, and conditions in the Becker, MN area. Our Becker, MN team of chiropractors and massage therapists stays up to date on the most contemporary chiropractic practices and draws from years of specialized education and experience treating patients to perform the best possible chiropractic treatment. In addition to whiplash treatment, we have had success providing the following types of care:
- Herniated Disc Treatment
- Work Injury Treatment
- Family Chiropractic
- Massage Therapy
- Headache Relief
- Auto Accident Chiropractors Near Me
- Chiropractic Adjustment
- Migraine Treatment
What techniques with my whiplash treatment chiropractor use?
- Spinal manipulation - Your Becker, MN chiropractor will likely perform spinal manipulations as a part of your whiplash treatment plan. Using their hands to gently manipulate your joints, your doctor will to increase blood flow and range of motion while eliminating stiffness and pain.
- Soft-tissue manipulation - In addition to spinal manipulations, your Becker, MN chiropractor may use their hands and/or instruments to gently manipulate the soft tissues in the affected areas.
- Manual resistance/stretching - Muscle energy therapy and other joint therapies can be used to loosen up tightness and soreness in the neck, back, and shoulder joints.
- Trigger point therapy - Your whiplash treatment chiropractor will identify tight points along the spine and other joints called subluxations, and the tension can be released by applying deep, targeted pressure.
- Interferential electrical stimulation - Your chiropractor may use a machine to send low-frequency electrical current to the muscles to reduce inflammation, which can help in whiplash treatment.
- Ultrasound - Your chiropractic whiplash treatment near Becker, MN might incorporate the use of ultrasounds, which has been shown to reduce muscle spasms, stiffness, and pain by encouraging healthy blood circulation.
- Massage therapy - Our chiropractors and certified massage therapist will administer therapeutic massage to the affected and surrounding areas of the body to reduce tension and offer pain relief.
You need an experienced and knowledgeable Becker, MN chiropractor to lead your whiplash treatment. Care for your future self by beginning quality chiropractic whiplash treatment now to address the source of your whiplash injury and avoid a lifetime of pain and other whiplash symptoms. Take the first step toward your recovery today with Total Spine Health and Injury Center near Becker, MN. Book an appointment online right away.
Leading Becker, MN Chiropractic Whiplash Treatment: Total Spine Health and Injury Center
Receive expert whiplash treatment from leading Becker, MN area chiropractors when you have been injured in a rear-end car accident, sports incident, or another type of accident. The doctors and massage therapists at Total Spine Health and Injury Center near Becker, MN will take a personalized approach to your whiplash treatment chiropractic care and will treat the root source of your symptoms. Learn more about our modern, clean chiropractic office in Maple Grove and what to expect from your first visit or contact our Becker, MN chiropractic office today to begin your whiplash injury recovery.