Migraine Treatment near Blaine, MN
Migraine Treatment near Blaine, MN. If you have ever had a migraine, you know how dire it is to access effective Blaine, MN migraine treatment. Migraines affect millions of people in the United States including Blaine, MN every year, many of whom experience a migraine so severe that it disrupts their ability to work and function. If you have migraines in Blaine, MN and have not had success with the many solutions you have tried, you are not alone. Seeing a chiropractor in Blaine, MN may be the answer.
If you are sick of dealing with migraines, whether mildly annoying or the cause of several days of missed work, try migraine treatment at Total Spine Health and Injury Center in Maple Grove, MN. Our chiropractic team near Blaine, MN offers private, individualized care in our sleek, modern, and comfortable setting. Find out how the Total Spine migraine treatment team can help you by contacting us to speak to our team or booking your first appointment now.
Migraine Treatment Blaine, MN: About Migraines
A migraine is not just a bad headache. The neurological condition is typically (but not always) associated with strong headaches, but also brings with it any number of a variety of other symptoms.
There is still a lot we do not know about migraines, which explains why there is no one widely accepted, effective migraine treatment recommended by the medical community. What we know about migraines is that they involve hormone and neurotransmitter activity, and the narrowing of blood vessels in the brain in response to hormone activity can contribute to migraine pain.
Understanding the mechanisms and root cause behind your migraines is critical to accessing the right Blaine, MN migraine treatment. When you turn to our Blaine, MN chiropractors for migraine treatment, your Blaine, MN migraine treatment team will start by assessing your unique case, analyzing the symptoms you experience and the triggers that bring on attacks.
Prevalence of Migraines
- Migraines affect one billion people worldwide.
- In any given 3 month period, approximately one out of 5 women and one out of six Americans suffer from migraines.
- Migraines and headaches are the number four cause of emergency room visits.
- Migraines disproportionately affect unemployed adults, families living in poverty, and adults up to 44 years of age.
- About a third of people who get migraines (31.1%) have three or more migraines per month.
- 53.7% of people who get migraines have such severe migraine symptoms that they are confined to bedrest or experience temporary disability.
- In the US, migraines cost $13 billion in lost labor and productivity every year
Migraine Treatment in Blaine, MN: Understanding the Symptoms
Your migraine may come with any number of a variety of symptoms associated with the condition. Below we have listed a few common symptoms. If you experience any of the symptoms listed below and believe you suffer from migraines, chiropractic migraine treatment in Blaine, MN may be right for you.
- Intrusive throbbing or dull aching pain either on one side or both sides of your head
- Pain that gets worse with physical activity
- Nausea or vomiting
- Numbness or tingling
- Changes in how you see, including blurred vision or blind spots
- Slurring speech or difficulty speaking
- Stuffy nose
- Feeling cold or sweaty
- Neck soreness, stiffness, or tightness
- Tender scalp
A migraine attack consists of four distinct stages: prodrome, aura, headache and postdrome. From prodrome to postdrome, it can take anywhere from 8 to 72 hours for the migraine to run its course.
Not every migraine sufferer experiences all distinct stages, and some patients have symptoms from more than one stage at once. Only about 30% of migraine sufferers experience the aura stage.
Migraine Treatment in Blaine, MN: Knowing Your Migraine Triggers
When you are in need of a good migraine treatment plan, it is also beneficial to learn what you can do to avoid migraine attacks from beginning. Work with our migraine treatment chiropractors near Blaine, MN to understand the unique characteristics of your migraines and how to treat them. Total Spine migraine treatment doctors in the Blaine, MN area take an individualized approach to caring for every patient.
If you live in constant fear of when the next debilitating migraine will strike, it is important to get migraine treatment from a professional near Blaine, MN as soon as possible. At the same time, you may be able to alleviate the frequency of attacks by figuring out the factors that trigger attacks.
- Exposure to bright lights
- Severe heat or cold
- Changes in barometric pressure
- Changes in hormone levels in female patients, like estrogen and progesterone fluctuations that take place during menstrual periods, pregnancy, or menopause
- High stress levels
- Loud noises
- Physical exertion
- Skipping meals
- Consumption of some foods, such as salty and processed foods
- Getting too much or too little sleep
- Use of certain medications, like birth control or nitroglycerin
- Strange smells
- Alcohol use
Chiropractic Migraine Treatment near Blaine, MN
When you trust our Blaine, MN chiropractors with your care, we will draw from an arsenal of treatment methods that may help in addressing the source of your migraines. We take the time to evaluate your condition and understand your goals so we can provide the Blaine, MN migraine treatments that are right for you.
Below are a few of the chiropractic migraine treatment methods that have been effective for many Blaine, MN migraine patients.
- Spinal Manipulation - hands-on adjustments to the spine. Spinal manipulations can treat migraines by impacting blood flow in the nervous system, aleviating nerve activity, and reducing tightness and inflammation. Unlike other possible migraine treatment options like medications, chiropractic spinal manipulations run little risk of side effects and complications.
- Massage therapy - hands-on muscle massaging. In Blaine, MN massage therapy for migraine treatment, your massage therapist will focus on releasing trigger points found in the back, shoulder, neck, and head. Massage therapy helps relax muscles, improve blood flow, and reduce stress. Massage therapy also provides relief to compressed nerves that can cause pain and contribute to migraine pain.
- Multidisciplinary approach - intervention through a comprehensive treatment plan. Our Blaine, MN migraine treatment chiropractors always consider all interconnected factors in the treatment of every patient. When you come to us for migraine treatment, we will put together a plan that works and addresses all aspects of migraines in your life. We may prescribe home exercises, relaxation techniques, stress management, dietary counseling, or lifestyle changes to help treat your migraines in Blaine, MN.
As always, there is no one-size-fits-all solution. What worked well for one person may not be effective for you. It is important that you check with a chiropractic doctor or talk to your primary care doctor before trying a new type of migraine treatment.
The Blaine, MN chiropractors of Total Spine Health and Injury Center specialize in offering custom, individualized migraine treatment and other chiropractic and massage therapy services. We take the time to understand your condition, medical history, and general level of health to figure out how our chiropractors can provide the migraine treatment you need.
Our Blaine, MN chiropractors, massage therapists, and customer service team have the skill and experience necessary to offer a full range of spinal health and chiropractic treatment services. In addition to migraine treatment, our team specializes in areas such as:
- Herniated Disc Treatment
- Work Injury Treatment
- Family Chiropractic
- Massage Therapy
- Headache Relief
- Auto Accident Chiropractors Near Me
- Chiropractic Adjustment
- Whiplash Treatment
Get Migraine Treatment near Blaine, MN Today
When you need effective migraine treatment, chiropractic care can be incredibly helpful. Our Blaine, MN chiropractic migraine treatment doctors have seen a lot of success in managing the symptoms and preventing the onset of episodes for countless Blaine, MN patients living with migraines. Our capable team will lead you in finding the best chiropractic treatment plan for your migraine treatment needs.
The chiropractors of Total Spine Health and Injury Center near Blaine, MN offer safe, effective, tailored migraine treatment using proven interventions. Call us today at (763) 568-7869 or schedule an appointment now.