Whiplash Treatment in Blaine, MN
Whiplash Treatment Blaine, MN. While we do not know the exact count, whiplash injuries happen to at least one million people annually in the United States alone. Though many of these cases are mild, without prompt, targeted whiplash treatment in the Blaine, MN area, you may be at risk of developing serious chronic complications or long-term symptoms.
The Blaine, MN whiplash treatment team at Total Spine Health and Injury Center has the clinical experience and practical knowledge to safely and effectively treat your whiplash injury at its source rather than simply temporarily covering up your symptoms. Do not resign yourself to decades of pain, limitations, and other significant problems; get Blaine, MN chiropractic whiplash treatment from our dedicated chiropractic team. Reach us now at (763) 568-7869, contact us online, or book an appointment near Blaine, MN today.
Do I need whiplash treatment in Blaine, MN?
If you believe you have a whiplash injury and are experiencing symptoms, you may need Blaine, MN whiplash treatment. The term whiplash describes a soft tissue injury to the neck that happens when the head and neck are forced backward and forward and is also referred to as a neck sprain or strain. Whiplash injuries can range in severity and duration. After a whiplash injury, you may notice a few days of soreness in the neck or could suffer from long-term pain or significant complications. It is wise to get medical attention after an injury like a whiplash injury to learn if a whiplash treatment plan is necessary for your recovery in Blaine, MN.
If you are living with the symptoms of a whiplash injury such as pain and stiffness, chiropractic care is an excellent treatment decision. To find out if you may need to see a chiropractor for whiplash treatment, learn about the causes and symptoms of whiplash below.
Common whiplash causes include:
- Auto accidents. The majority of whiplash injuries occur in car accidents and other auto accidents, and rear-end collisions are the most common type of car accident to cause whiplash injuries. 90% of rear-end accident injuries are neck injuries including whiplash. These injuries actually most often take place during lower speed crashes under 25 miles per hour, with whiplash injuries resulting from collisions at speeds as low as 5 to 10 miles per hour.
- Contact sports. Whiplash injuries can occur in sports where the body may start or stop traveling suddenly, including most contact sports (football, soccer, basketball, boxing, wrestling, etc.) and even other sports like diving. Fortunately, while athletes like football players and boxers are at risk of whiplash, these kinds of whiplash injuries are seldom serious or permanent.
- Physical assault. Sadly, our Blaine, MN whiplash treatment doctors see some whiplash patients who have been injured due to some type of physical abuse. They may have sustained a whiplash injury in shaking, punching, or pushing in an accident, altercation, or domestic abuse incident. Shaken baby syndrome involves whiplash in infants and can result in tragic, often fatal conditions such as infantile subdural haematoma. The Total Spine Blaine, MN chiropractors have experience safely treating young children for whom chiropractic care is appropriate.
- Falls. Falls, such as falling from a height or being thrown from a horse, bicycle, or motorcycle, can also result in whiplash injuries.
This is not a conclusive list of whiplash causes. In any event, if any kind of fall, impact, or other accident violently threw your head back and forth, you might have suffered a whiplash injury. Learn more about whiplash symptoms and diagnosing methods to figure out whether whiplash treatment like Blaine, MN chiropractic care can benefit you.
After getting a whiplash injury, some common symptoms you might experience are:
- Soreness in the neck
- Neck stiffness
- Neck pain that is exacerbated with movement
- Loss of range of motion in the neck
- Tenderness or pain in the shoulders or upper back and arms
- Arm or hand tingling or numbness
In addition to the common symptoms of whiplash listed above, you may experience additional symptoms such as blurred vision, memory and ability to concentrate, or tinnitus. If you begin to notice symptoms like these, work with your Blaine, MN chiropractor or another doctor to get the best possible care for your whiplash symptoms.
Some cases of whiplash are manageable and dissipate naturally with time. These patients should look to home whiplash treatment strategies like heat/cold applications and over-the-counter pharmaceuticals. Call a whiplash treatment chiropractor or another doctor in the Blaine, MN area at (763) 568-7869 if your symptoms get worse after initially getting better or progress more than two weeks after your injury.
However, other cases are more serious. If your symptoms are severe enough that they affect your daily life, you should request whiplash treatment appointment from our chiropractor immediately. It is also important to receive chiropractic or other whiplash treatment if you are living with long-term whiplash symptoms. Chronic disorders are alarmingly prevalent for people with whiplash injuries. According to one peer-reviewed study, 90% of patients still have symptoms one to two years after sustaining the injury and a jarring 55% reporting symptoms seventeen years later. Your ability to move on from this injury and preventing years of chronic pain and other conditions is heavily dependent upon getting prompt, tailored whiplash treatment in Blaine, MN right away after sustaining your injury. Contact the Blaine, MN whiplash treatment team at Total Spine Health and Injury Center to receive skilled attention for your whiplash injury right away.
Whiplash Treatment in Blaine, MN
Your Blaine, MN whiplash treatment plan should be written for your needs, goals, and characteristics of your injury. It is important that you find a whiplash treatment chiropractor in Blaine, MN whom you trust and who will take the time to develop a personalized treatment plan for you. Total Spine Health and Injury Center near Blaine, MN provides modern, evidence-based treatment practices from seasoned treatment professionals in a safe, private, clean office settinge. Make an appointment for Blaine, MN whiplash treatment from one of the top area chiropractors immediately.
Chiropractic care is one of the recommended treatments for whiplash. Other target="_blank" rel="nofollow noreferrer noopener">whiplash treatment suggestions include ice and heat, NSAIDS or muscle relaxant drugs, steroids, and exercises or physical therapy. The difference between chiropractic and other strategies is that chiropractic care often successfully addresses the underlying cause of the whiplash injury rather than merely temporarily masking the surface symptoms.
Total Spine Health and Injury Center serves individuals of all ages with a wide range of needs, goals, and conditions near Blaine, MN. Our Blaine, MN chiropractic and massage therapy team stays informed on the most contemporary chiropractic practices and refers to years of specialized education and clinical experience to provide the best possible chiropractic care. In addition to whiplash treatment, we have had success providing the following types of care:
- Herniated Disc Treatment
- Work Injury Treatment
- Family Chiropractic
- Massage Therapy
- Headache Relief
- Auto Accident Chiropractors Near Me
- Chiropractic Adjustment
- Migraine Treatment
What techniques with my whiplash treatment chiropractor use?
- Spinal manipulation - Spinal manipulations will almost certainly be a part of your Blaine, MN whiplash treatment plan. Your doctor will use their hands to gently move the joints to increase blood flow and range of motion while eliminating pain and tightness.
- Soft-tissue manipulation - Along with spinal manipulations, your Blaine, MN chiropractor may gently manipulate the affected soft tissue.
- Manual resistance/stretching - Muscle energy therapy and other joint therapies can be used to loosen up the tight and sore neck, back, and shoulder joints.
- Trigger point therapy - Your whiplash treatment chiropractor will identify tight points along the spine and other joints called subluxations, and applying pressure on these points can be effective in releasing these tension.
- Interferential electrical stimulation - This chiropractic treatment technique uses a device that sends low-frequency electrical current to the muscles to reduce inflammation, which can help in whiplash treatment.
- Ultrasound - Your Blaine, MN whiplash treatment chiropractor may incorporate the use of ultrasounds, which has been shown to reduce muscle spasms, stiffness, and pain by encouraging better blood circulation.
- Massage therapy - Therapeutic massage by your chiropractor or our certified massage therapist can loosen tension and provide pain relief.
You need an experienced and knowledgeable chiropractor on your whiplash treatment team near Blaine, MN. Do your future self a favor by beginning quality chiropractic whiplash treatment now to address the source of your whiplash injury and avoid a lifetime of pain and other whiplash symptoms. Begin your recovery today with Total Spine Health and Injury Center near Blaine, MN. Make an appointment online as soon as you can.
Chiropractic Whiplash Treatment near Blaine, MN: Total Spine Health and Injury Center
Get expert whiplash treatment from leading Blaine, MN area chiropractors after sustaining a whiplash injury in a car wreck, sports incident, or another type of accident. The doctors and massage therapists at Total Spine Health and Injury Center near Blaine, MN will take a personalized approach to your whiplash treatment chiropractic care and will treat the underlying cause of your symptoms. Learn more about our modern, private chiropractic office in Maple Grove and what to expect from your first visit or contact our Blaine, MN chiropractic office today to start on your path to recovery from your whiplash injury.