Work Injury Treatment in Blaine, MN
Work injury treatment in Blaine, MN. Did you suffer an injury on the job? Is your movement health being impacted by chronic pain or other symptoms? Do you want to feel better but are worried about invasive procedures or prescription medicine? Chiropractic care is your solution.
In addition to the limitations and pain a work injury causes, it also limits how you can provide for your Blaine, MN loved ones. Chiropractic care has proven to be an effective work injury treatment for people who are dealing with a variety of issues affecting any body part, not just symptoms affecting the back and neck. At Total Spine Health & Injury Center, we take a holistic view of your health to ensure that you can both get back to work and feel better than you used to once you get there. For safe and successful work injury treatment in Blaine, MN, call Total Spine today at (763) 568-7869 or schedule an appointment.
Common Work Injuries That Blaine, MN Chiropractors Treat
Typically, there are four types of work injuries that chiropractors treat:
- Repetitive stress injuries — These occur from performing the same movements for weeks, months, or years. These can include anything from carpal tunnel from desk work, axial back pain from being in the same position all day, or a disc injury from lifting or other, heavier work.
- Overexertion — Jobs that require strenuous physical activity, like landscaping or agriculture, can lead someone to overexert themselves and become injured, especially if they're not properly trained or protected. Overexertion injuries are are responsible for the second most missed days from work, and often result in disc injuries and injuries to muscles, tendons, and ligaments.
- Falling injuries — Falls, slips, and trips are the third most common work injury. Common injuries resulting from falls are sprains and strains, broken bones, spinal injuries, back pain, and neck pain.
- Falling object injuries — In working environments that rely on heavy machinery place workers at heightened risk of being hit by a falling object. Examples of injuries include bruises, broken bones, soft tissue injuries, and traumatic brain injuries.
Experienced chiropractors can treat work injuries beyond just the back and spine, but throughout the body. If a concussion leads you to have chronic headaches, chiropractors can also provide lasting headache relief.
Work injuries we frequently treat in Blaine, MN include:
- Spinal issues
- Carpal tunnel
- Disc injuries
- Pinched nerves
- Back pain
- Neck pain
- Whiplash injuries
- Shoulder pain
- Arm and leg pain
- Myofascial pain
How Do Chiropractors Treat Work Injuries in Blaine, MN?
How we treat your injuries in Blaine, MN will depend on the nature of your injury, realities of your job and lifestyle, your medical history. We'll go over what caused your injury, or if you have symptoms but are unsure why, work with you to find out what's causing them. After a discussion, we'll carry out a physical examination, and conduct what X-rays or motion study analysis we think we need to. Then, we'll develop your treatment plan. Chiropractic care for workplace injuries generally consists of chiropractic adjustments, also known as spinal manipulation, and massage therapy.
Spinal manipulations are done through numerous chiropractic techniques that involve short, quick thrusts to targeted areas. A common misconception is that chiropractors "push joints back in place." Work injuries restrict movement of vertebrae and joints, and these thrusts let out muscle tension. In doing so, we help patients achieve optimal movement health and help your body work in concert, and pain is relieved by freeing up your nervous system.
Massage therapy helps by encouraging blood flow to and relieving tight muscles and facilitating the breakdown of scar tissue caused by an injury. Practiced for over 5,000 years, massage therapy has been demonstrated to relieve anxiety, improve circulation, in addition to countless other benefits.
At Total Spine, we believe in taking a holistic view to our patients' health. We'll also guide you through exercise, nutrition, and lifestyle advice to help your work injury treatment in Blaine, MN go as quickly as it can and improve your health down the road.
What Our Chiropractic Care Offers For Your Work Injury Treatment in Blaine, MN
Chiropractic care offers countless benefits that are not only effective for work injury treatment, but improve how you feel everyday. With our Blaine, MN chiropractors, you'll enjoy:
- Feeling better than you did before — In addition to dealing with acute injuries that arise, chiropractic care can help range of motion, lower blood pressure, and can improve sleep and even increase brain activity.
- Patient education — We'll help you understand the nature of your injuries and how you can achieve optimal movement health in order to stay injury free and feel better at work than you did before your injuries. We can help you with posture correction and other useful strategies to stay safe on the job. Correct posture is imperative for injury prevention.
- Chiropractic for arms, legs, hands, and feet — While chiropractors are usually thought of in relation to the back and spine, an experienced chiropractor will also be able to treat your arms, legs, hands, and feet. Chiropractors have a thorough understanding of the musculoskeletal system, and the principles that apply to the joints, soft tissue, and nerves in your back are true for the rest of your body as well.
- Chiropractic maintenance — "Maintenance" can also be referred to as "wellness" care. Once you've recovered from your injury, we can continue treatment so that you preserve the benefits attained in your acute case, and helps relieve any stress your job may continue to put on your musculoskeletal system. Many of our Blaine, MN work injury patients schedule regular visits once they understand what chiropractic can do for their health and wellness.
How Does Chiropractic Compare to Medical and Osteopathic Work Injury Treatment?
According to research from the Journal of Manipulative and Physiological Therapeutics, workers were able to return to work faster under chiropractic care than medical or osteopathic treatment. According to the American Chiropractic Association, people with back injuries whose first point of contact is a medical doctor have a 42.7% likelihood of surgery, compared to 1.5% for people who first see a chiropractor. Chiropractic care also reduces the use of opioids and prescription drugs.
Chiropractic isn't the best treatment plan for all injuries. If you break a bone, for example, a chiropractor can't fuse it back together, and you'll need physical therapy to rebuild and retrain atrophied muscles. But for the majority of work injuries and symptoms, chiropractic care works because it focuses on the underlying issue instead of merely treating symptoms.
How Do I Pay For My Work Injury Treatment in Blaine, MN
Because of Minnesota Law, employers are legally obligated to provide medical benefits to employees after a work injury and chiropractic visits are covered under workers' compensation. That includes covering costs related to travel (gas miles, taxis, public transportation, etc...), costs of obtaining medical records, and other out-of-pocket expenses.
Usually, injured employees in Minnesota have wide leeway in choosing which healthcare provider they want to see. To discover why you should choose our team for your work injury treatment in Blaine, MN, check out our 5-Star reviews on Google, our client testimonials, or read why we think we're among the best chiropractors in Minnesota.
Other conditions and injuries we treat in Blaine, MN include:
- Herniated Disc Treatment
- Family Chiropractic
- Massage Therapy
- Headache Relief
- Auto Accident Chiropractors Near Me
- Chiropractic Adjustment
- Whiplash Treatment
- Migraine Treatment
Trust in Total Spine For Your Work Injury Treatment in Blaine, MN
Our objectives are simple: provide effective pain relief, boost your overall wellness, and help our Blaine, MN friends and family understand the wonderful benefits of chiropractic can have for our health and wellness. Call Total Spine today at (763) 568-7869 or request an appointment for your work injury treatment in Blaine, MN.