Migraine Treatment near Chanhassen, MN
Migraine Treatment near Chanhassen, MN. If you have ever had a migraine, you know how dire it is to find effective Chanhassen, MN migraine treatment. Migraines affect millions of people in the United States including Chanhassen, MN every year, many of whom experience a migraine so severe that it disrupts their ability to work and function. If you have migraines in Chanhassen, MN and have tried multiple treatment methods with little success, you are not alone. Getting chiropractic care from a chiropractor in Chanhassen, MN may be the answer.
If you are sick of dealing with migraines, whether mildly annoying or the cause of several days of missed work, try migraine treatment at Total Spine Health and Injury Center in Maple Grove, MN. Our Chanhassen, MN chiropractic team offers private, personalized care in our sleek, modern, and comfortable clinic. Find out how the Total Spine migraine treatment team can help you by contacting us to consult with our team or making your first appointment now.
Migraine Treatment Chanhassen, MN: Understanding Migraines
A migraine is not just a bad headache. The neurological condition is typically (but not always) associated with strong headaches, but also brings with it any number of a variety of other symptoms.
There is still a lot we do not know about migraines, which explains why there is little consensus from the medical community on the best and most effective migraine treatment. We do know, however, that hormones and neurotransmitters play a role in migraines, and the narrowing of blood vessels in the brain in response to hormone activity can contribute to migraine pain.
Finding the right Chanhassen, MN migraine treatment for you could depend upon determining the cause of your migraines and the onset of attacks. When you seek migraine treatment from our Chanhassen, MN chiropractors, your Chanhassen, MN migraine treatment team will start by assessing your unique case, analyzing your symptoms and triggers.
Prevalence of Migraines
- One billion people in the world have migraines.
- In any given 3 month period, it is estimated that one out of 5 women and one out of six Americans suffer from migraines.
- Migraines and headaches are the number four reason for emergency room visits.
- Groups most affected by migraines are unemployed adults, families living in poverty, and young and middle aged adults up to 44 years of age.
- Of those who have had migraines, 31.1% have three or more migraines per month.
- 53.7% of individuals who live with migraines have been debilitated or unable to get out of bed due to the severity of their migraines.
- Migraines cost the United States $13 billion in lost labor and productivity every year
Migraine Treatment in Chanhassen, MN: Understanding the Symptoms
There are a variety of different symptoms you might encounter when you have a migraine. Below we have listed a few common symptoms. If you experience any of the symptoms listed below and believe you suffer from migraines, you may benefit from Chanhassen, MN chiropractic migraine treatment.
- Intense throbbing or dull aching pain on one or both sides of your head
- Pain that worsens when you exert yourself
- Nausea or vomiting
- Numbness or tingling
- Blurred vision, tunnel vision, or blind spots
- Difficulty speaking
- Stuffy nose
- Cold sweats or hot flashes
- Stiff or tender neck
- Scalp that is tender to the touch
A migraine attack is broken into four distinct phases: prodrome, aura, headache and postdrome. The entire migraine episode can endure for anywhere between 8 to 72 hours.
Not every migraine sufferer experiences all four stages, and some experience symptoms from more than one stage concurrently. Only about 30% of migraine sufferers experience the aura stage.
Migraine Treatment in Chanhassen, MN: Identifying Your Migraine Triggers
When you are in search of migraine treatment that works, you can also benefit from learning about anything actions you can take to prevent the onset of migraines in the meantime. Work with our migraine treatment chiropractors near Chanhassen, MN to understand the unique characteristics of your migraines and how to treat them. Total Spine migraine treatment doctors in the Chanhassen, MN area take a personalized approach to caring for every patient.
If you know the excruciating pain and disfunction of migraine attacks, act now and find a migraine treatment professional near Chanhassen, MN as soon as possible. At the same time, you may find that you can reduce the recurrence of attacks by figuring out the triggers that bring on attacks.
- Bright lights
- Severe heat or cold
- Changes in barometric pressure
- Changes in hormone levels in female patients, like estrogen and progesterone fluctuations that occur during menstrual periods, pregnancy, or menopause
- Loud noises
- Skipping meals
- Consumption of some foods, i.e. salty and processed foods
- Changes in sleep patterns, such as too much sleep or missing sleep
- Some medications, like birth control or nitroglycerin
- Strange smells
- Alcohol consumption
Chiropractic Migraine Treatment near Chanhassen, MN
Your Chanhassen, MN chiropractor has a multitude of treatment modalities at their disposal that may help treat your migraines. We take the time to understand your condition and goals so we can provide the best possible Chanhassen, MN migraine treatment.
Learn about some of the chiropractic migraine treatment methods that have been successful for many Chanhassen, MN migraine patients.
- Spinal Manipulation - hands-on adjustments to the spine. Spinal manipulations can treat migraines by improving blood flow in the nervous system, aleviating nerve activity, and decreasing tightness and inflammation. Unlike many other popular migraine treatment options like medications, chiropractic spinal manipulations carry little risk of side effects and complications.
- Massage therapy - manual massaging of the muscles. In Chanhassen, MN massage therapy for migraine treatment, we pay special attention to releasing trigger points throughout the back, shoulder, neck, and head. This can relax muscles, improve blood flow, and reduce stress. Massage therapy also provides relief to compressed nerves that can cause pain and contribute to migraine pain.
- Multidisciplinary approach - looking at the big picture to provide comprehensive intervention for your migraines. Our Chanhassen, MN migraine treatment chiropractors never focus on just one thing when treating a patient. For migraine treatment patients, we will put together a plan that works and addresses all aspects of migraines in your life. This could include the use of home exercises, relaxation techniques, stress management, dietary counseling, or lifestyle changes to help treat your migraines in Chanhassen, MN.
As always, there is no specific solution that works for everyone. What was effective for one person may not be the right choice for you. It is important that you check with a chiropractic doctor or talk to your primary care doctor before trying a new migraine treatment method.
The Chanhassen, MN chiropractors of Total Spine Health and Injury Center pride themselves on offering private, personalized migraine treatment and other chiropractic and massage therapy services. We take the time to understand your condition, medical history, and general level of health to determine how our chiropractors can provide the migraine treatment you need.
Our Chanhassen, MN chiropractors, massage therapists, and customer service team have the skill and experience necessary to offer a full range of spinal health and chiropractic treatment services. In addition to migraine treatment, our team specializes in areas such as:
- Headache Relief
- Auto Accident Chiropractors Near Me
- Chiropractic Adjustment
- Whiplash Treatment
- Sciatica Pain Treatment
- Chiropractor Near Me
Get Migraine Treatment near Chanhassen, MN Today
When you need effective migraine treatment, chiropractic care can be incredibly helpful. Our Chanhassen, MN chiropractic migraine treatment team has seen great success in alleviating the symptoms and reducing the onset of episodes for countless Chanhassen, MN patients living with migraines. Our capable team will formulate the best chiropractic care plan for your migraine treatment needs.
The chiropractors of Total Spine Health and Injury Center near Chanhassen, MN will provide safe, effective, tailored migraine treatment using proven interventions. Call us today at (763) 568-7869 or schedule an appointment now.