Work Injury Treatment in Chanhassen, MN
Work injury treatment in Chanhassen, MN. Have you been injured at work? Are you suffering from back pain, stiffness, disc injuries, or spinal misalignment? Do you need to get back to work but are worried about surgery or prescription medicine? Total Spine is here to help.
In addition to the physical pain a work injury causes, it also impacts how you can provide for your Chanhassen, MN loved ones. Chiropractic care has proven to be an effective work injury treatment for workers who are dealing with a variety of injuries throughout their musculoskeletal system, not just back pain. At Total Spine Health & Injury Center, we focus on your overall health so that you can both get back to work and stay there. For safe and effective work injury treatment in Chanhassen, MN, call Total Spine today at (763) 568-7869 or contact us online.
Common Work Injuries That Chanhassen, MN Chiropractors Treat
Typically, work injuries fall into one of four categories:
- Repetitive motion injuries — These occur from performing the same activities for long periods of time, day in and day out. Examples are carpal tunnel from working on a computer all day, non-specific back pain from standing throughout your work day, or a frozen shoulder from more physically intensive employment.
- Overexertion — Jobs that are harder on our bodies, like landscaping or mining that require lifting, pulling, pushing, and carrying can cause acute injuries. Overexertion injuries are the second leading nonfatal injury from work, and often result in disc injuries and injuries to muscles, tendons, and ligaments.
- Falling injuries — Falls, slips, and trips are the third most common work injury. Common injuries resulting from falls are sprains and strains, fractures, spinal injuries, and nerve damage.
- Falling object injuries — Jobs that entail heavy equipment put workers at increased risk of being struck by a falling object. Examples of injuries include bruises, fractures, soft tissue injuries, and traumatic brain injuries.
Licensed chiropractors are capable of treating work injuries beyond just the back and spine, but soft tissue and brain injuries, and anything else that affects the muscles and nervous system. If a brain injury causes chronic migraines, chiropractic care can also provide lasting headache relief.
Work injuries we frequently treat in Chanhassen, MN include:
- Spinal injuries
- Carpal tunnel
- Disc injuries
- Pinched nerves
- Back pain
- Neck pain
- Whiplash injuries
- Shoulder pain
- Extremity injuries
- Myofascial trigger points
How Do Chiropractors Treat Work Injuries in Chanhassen, MN?
How we treat your injuries in Chanhassen, MN will depend on your injury, job, medical history, and the lifestyle you wish to achieve. We'll discuss the events surrounding your injury, or if you have symptoms but are unsure why, work with you to discover the root problem. After a discussion, we'll do a physical examination, and conduct what X-rays or motion study analysis we find necessary. Then, we'll develop your treatment plan. Chiropractic treatment for workplace injuries generally includes chiropractic adjustments, also referred to as spinal alignments, and massage therapy.
Chiropractic adjustments are done through a variety of chiropractic techniques that involve short, quick thrusts to targeted areas. A common misconception is that chiropractors "push joints back in place." Work injuries interrupt how vertebrae and joints function properly, and chiropractors let out tensions interfering with how the body works. Spinal adjustments help workers reach optimal movement health and ensure your body is functioning harmoniously with itself, and symptoms are relieved through freeing up your nervous system.
Massage therapy can treat an injury by encouraging blood flow to and relieving tight muscles and facilitating the breakdown of scar tissue caused by an injury. One of the oldest forms of alternative medicine in the world, massage therapy has been demonstrated to improve your mood, increase circulation, and offer innumerable other benefits.
At Total Spine, we'll come up with a treatment plan based on improving your overall health. We'll offer exercise, nutrition, and lifestyle advice to help your work injury treatment in Chanhassen, MN go as quickly as it can and improve your long-term health.
What Our Chiropractic Care Offers For Your Work Injury Treatment in Chanhassen, MN
Chiropractors offer innumerable benefits that not only help in work injury treatment, but improve how you feel everyday. With our Chanhassen, MN chiropractors, you'll enjoy:
- Feeling better than you did before — In addition to dealing with acute injuries that arise, chiropractic care can help range of motion, improve blood pressure, and can improve sleep and even increase brain function.
- Patient education — We'll help you understand the nature of your symptoms and how our bodies work in order to reduce your risk of re-injury and feel better at work than you did before your injuries. We can help you with tips for lifting and other ways to stay safe on the job. Correct posture is imperative for injury prevention.
- Chiropractic for extremities — While most people, possibly rightly so, immediately think of the back and spine when they think of chiropractic care, a licensed chiropractor will also know how to treat your arms, legs, hands, and feet. Chiropractors have a thorough grasp of the musculoskeletal system, and the principles that apply to the joints, muscles, ligaments, tendons, and nerves in your back are true for the rest of your body as well.
- Chiropractic maintenance — "Maintenance" can also be referred to as "wellness" care. Maintenance comes after the acute issue, and ensures that you preserve the benefits attained in your acute case, and helps protect your body from the physical stress of your line of work. Many of our Chanhassen, MN work injury patients schedule regular visits once they understand what chiropractic can do for their health and wellness.
Is Chiropractic Care a Better Work Injury Treatment Plan Than Other Options?
Based on research from the Journal of Manipulative and Physiological Therapeutics, employees missed less time away from work when treated by a doctor of chiropractic than when treated by a medical doctor or osteopathic doctor. According to the American Chiropractic Association, people with back injuries whose first point of contact is a medical doctor have a 42.7% likelihood of surgery, compared to 1.5% for people who first see a chiropractor. Chiropractic care also reduces the need of opioids and prescription drugs.
Chiropractic can't heal every single injury. If you break a bone, for example, a chiropractor can't fuse it back together, and you'll need physical therapy to build up the strength of weakened muscles. But for the majority of work injuries and symptoms, chiropractic care is a preferred option because it addresses the root cause instead of merely masking symptoms.
Paying For Work Injury Treatment in Chanhassen, MN
Because of Minnesota Statute 176.135, employers are required to provide medical benefits to employees who get hurt on the job and chiropractic visits are included in workers' compensation. They also need to cover travel costs (gas miles, Uber or Lyft, public transportation, etc...), costs of obtaining medical records, and other out-of-pocket expenses.
In most cases, workers in Minnesota have wide leeway in choosing which healthcare provider they want to treat them. To see why you should choose our team for your work injury treatment in Chanhassen, MN, check out our 5-Star rating on Google, our client testimonials, or read more on how to find the best chiropractors in Minnesota.
Other services we offer in Chanhassen, MN include:
- Herniated Disc Treatment
- Family Chiropractic
- Massage Therapy
- Headache Relief
- Auto Accident Chiropractors Near Me
- Chiropractic Adjustment
- Whiplash Treatment
- Migraine Treatment
Call Total Spine For Your Work Injury Treatment in Chanhassen, MN
Our objectives are simple: provide meaningful pain relief, boost your long-term health, and help our Chanhassen, MN friends and family learn the remarkable benefits of chiropractic can have for our health and wellness. Call Total Spine today at (763) 568-7869 or contact us online for your work injury treatment in Chanhassen, MN.