Whiplash Treatment in Chanhassen, MN
Whiplash Treatment Chanhassen, MN. While we do not know the exact count, whiplash injuries affect at least one million people annually in the United States alone. While the majority of whiplash injuries are mild, there is a very real risk of serious long-term consequences and disability on top of debilitating acute symptoms when you do not seek quality whiplash treatment in the Chanhassen, MN area after suffering a whiplash injury.
Total Spine Health and Injury Center is a Chanhassen, MN area chiropractic office staffed by a whiplash treatment team near Chanhassen, MN with the clinical experience and theoretically understanding to safely and effectively treat your whiplash injury at its source rather than simply temporarily covering up your symptoms. Protect yourself from decades of pain, limitations, and other significant medical conditions by getting Chanhassen, MN chiropractic whiplash treatment from our compassionate chiropractic team. Call us now at (763) 568-7869, contact us online, or book an appointment near Chanhassen, MN today.
Who needs whiplash treatment in Chanhassen, MN?
If you believe you have a whiplash injury and are experiencing symptoms, you may need Chanhassen, MN whiplash treatment. The term whiplash describes a soft tissue injury to the neck caused by sudden hyperextension and hyperflexion (back and forth motion, like the motion of a whip) and can also be referred to as a neck sprain or strain. Whiplash injuries can range in severity and duration. After a whiplash injury, you may notice a few days of soreness in the neck or could develop chronic pain or significant complications. After sustaining a whiplash injury, it is wise to seek medical attention to determine if a whiplash treatment plan is necessary for your recovery in Chanhassen, MN.
If you are dealing with neck pain and tightness or any other whiplash symptoms, chiropractic care is an excellent treatment decision. To find out if you may need to see a chiropractor for whiplash treatment, learn about the causes and symptoms of whiplash below.
The most common causes of whiplash injuries are:
- Auto accidents. The majority of whiplash injuries occur in car accidents and other auto accidents, and whiplash injuries are highly likely in certain types of auto accidents — namely rear-end collisions. 90% of rear-end accident injuries are neck injuries including whiplash. The majority of whiplash car accidents occur in lower speed crashes of 25 miles per hour or less, with whiplash injuries resulting from collisions at speeds as low as 5 to 10 miles per hour.
- Contact sports. Whiplash injuries can occur in sports in which the body may abruptly stop or start moving by force, including most contact sports (football, soccer, basketball, boxing, wrestling, etc.) and even other sports like diving. Fortunately, while whiplash is common in football players and other athletes exposed to high-force collisions between players, whiplash sports injuries are rarely serious or permanent.
- Physical assault. Sadly, our Chanhassen, MN whiplash treatment doctors see some whiplash patients who have been injured due to some type of physical abuse. They may have sustained a whiplash injury in an accident, an altercation, or domestic violence attacks when the victim is pushed, punched, or shaken. In infants, whiplash from shaking, known as shaken baby syndrome, can lead to tragic, often fatal conditions such as infantile subdural haematoma. The Total Spine Chanhassen, MN chiropractors have experience safely treating young children for whom chiropractic care is appropriate.
- Falls. Falls, such as falling from a height or being thrown from a horse, bicycle, or motorcycle, can also cause whiplash injuries.
These are not the only ways to get whiplash. If any kind of fall, impact, or other accident violently threw your head forward and backward, you might have a whiplash injury. Learn more about whiplash symptoms and diagnosing methods to figure out whether whiplash treatment like Chanhassen, MN chiropractic care can benefit you.
If you have a whiplash injury, some common symptoms you might experience are:
- Soreness in the neck
- Neck pain that worsens with movement
- Loss of range of motion in the neck
- Soreness or pain in the shoulders, upper back, and arms
- Tingling or numbness
In addition to the common symptoms of whiplash listed above, you may experience additional symptoms such as blurred vision, memory and concentration problems, or tinnitus. If you experience symptoms like these, work with your Chanhassen, MN chiropractor or another doctor to get the proper treatment for your whiplash symptoms.
For some, whiplash symptoms are mild to moderate and resolve naturally with time. These patients should look to home whiplash treatment methods like heat/cold applications and over-the-counter anti-inflammatory pain relievers. Call a whiplash treatment chiropractor or another doctor in the Chanhassen, MN area at (763) 568-7869 if symptoms take a turn for the worse after a period of improvement or continue beyond two weeks after your injury.
However, other cases are more serious. If you experience symptoms that significantly affect your ability to enjoy life, you should make an appointment from our Chanhassen, MN whiplash treatment chiropractor as soon as possible. You should also receive chiropractic or other whiplash treatment if you have developed chronic whiplash symptoms. Chronic conditions are alarmingly prevalent for people with whiplash injuries. According to one peer-reviewed study, 90% of patients still have symptoms one to two years after the date of injury and a jarring 55% reporting symptoms an entire 17 years later. Your ability to move on from this injury and preventing a lifetime of pain and debilitating conditions is decided in part by whether you get prompt, tailored whiplash treatment in Chanhassen, MN as soon as possible after being injured. Contact the Chanhassen, MN whiplash treatment team at Total Spine Health and Injury Center to receive help addressing your whiplash condition right away.
Chanhassen, MN Whiplash Treatment
Your Chanhassen, MN whiplash treatment plan should be written for your condition and your personal needs and goals. It is important that you find a whiplash treatment professional in Chanhassen, MN whom you trust and who will take a dedicated, individualized approach to your treatment. Total Spine Health and Injury Center provides individuals in Chanhassen, MN who have been injured with targeted, evidence-based treatment practices from accomplished medical professionals in a safe, private, clean office settinge. Book an appointment for whiplash treatment from a leading Chanhassen, MN chiropractor now.
Experts recommend chiropractic as a staple strategy to treat whiplash, among additional target="_blank" rel="nofollow noreferrer noopener">whiplash treatment strategies such as ice and heat, NSAIDS or muscle relaxant drugs, steroid injections, and exercises or physical therapy. Compared to these other strategies, chiropractic care is distinct in that it treats the route of the whiplash injury as opposed to treating or masking the symptoms on the surface.
Total Spine Health and Injury Center serves individuals of all ages with a wide range of needs, goals, and physical complaints near Chanhassen, MN. Our Chanhassen, MN chiropractic and massage therapy team stays ahead on the most contemporary chiropractic practices and draws from extensive education and experience treating patients to perform the best possible chiropractic treatment. In addition to whiplash treatment, we have had success providing the following types of care:
- Herniated Disc Treatment
- Work Injury Treatment
- Family Chiropractic
- Massage Therapy
- Headache Relief
- Auto Accident Chiropractors Near Me
- Chiropractic Adjustment
- Migraine Treatment
Chiropractic Care Techniques Used for Whiplash Treatment
- Spinal manipulation - Spinal manipulations will almost certainly be a part of your Chanhassen, MN whiplash treatment plan. Using their hands to gently manipulate your joints, your doctor will to increase blood flow and range of motion while eliminating pain and tightness.
- Soft-tissue manipulation - In addition to spinal manipulations, your Chanhassen, MN chiropractor may use their hands and/or instruments to gently manipulate the soft tissues in the affected areas.
- Manual resistance/stretching - Muscle energy therapy and other joint therapies can be used to release the tight and sore neck, back, and shoulder joints.
- Trigger point therapy - You have tight points in your spine and other joint referred to as subluxations, and the tension can be released by applying deep, targeted pressure.
- Interferential electrical stimulation - Your chiropractor may use a machine to send low-frequency electrical current to the muscles, reducing inflammation associated with whiplash.
- Ultrasound - Your chiropractic whiplash treatment near Chanhassen, MN may incorporate the use of ultrasounds, which has been shown to reduce muscle spasms, stiffness, and pain by promoting healthy blood circulation.
- Massage therapy - Therapeutic massage by your chiropractor or our certified massage therapist can reduce tension and offer pain relief.
You need an experienced and knowledgeable Chanhassen, MN chiropractor to lead your whiplash treatment. Do your future self a favor by targeting your injury at the source with chiropractic whiplash treatment. Take the first step toward your recovery today with Total Spine Health and Injury Center near Chanhassen, MN. Schedule an appointment online right away.
Chiropractic Whiplash Treatment near Chanhassen, MN: Total Spine Health and Injury Center
Access expert whiplash treatment from trusted Chanhassen, MN area chiropractors when you have been injured in a car wreck, sports incident, or another type of accident. The doctors and massage therapists at Total Spine Health and Injury Center near Chanhassen, MN will be personally invested in your whiplash treatment chiropractic care and will treat the root cause of your symptoms. Learn more about our modern, private chiropractic office in Maple Grove and what to expect from your first visit or contact our Chanhassen, MN chiropractic office today to start on your path to recovery from your whiplash injury.