Migraine Treatment near Chaska, MN
Migraine Treatment near Chaska, MN. If you have had the displeasure of experiencing a migraine, you understand the urgency of needing to access effective Chaska, MN migraine treatment. Migraines can be debilitating and affect millions of people in the US every year. If you have migraines in Chaska, MN and have not had success with the many solutions you have tried, you are not alone. Getting chiropractic care from a chiropractor in Chaska, MN may be the answer.
If you are sick of dealing with migraines, whether mildly annoying or the cause of several days of missed work, try migraine treatment at Total Spine Health and Injury Center in Maple Grove, MN. Our chiropractic team near Chaska, MN provides private, individualized care in our sleek, modern, and comfortable offices. Find out how the Total Spine migraine treatment team can help you by contacting us to consult with our team or making your first appointment now.
Migraine Treatment Chaska, MN: Understanding Migraines
A migraine is a neurological condition that is often characterized by powerful headaches. But a migraine is more than just a bad headache (in fact, some migraines occur without a headache at all) and is accompanied by any number of a variety of other symptoms.
Unfortunately, we still do not know everything there is to know about migraines, which explains why there is little consensus from the medical community on the best and most effective migraine treatment. We do know, however, that hormones and neurotransmitters play a role in migraines, and the resulting narrowing of blood vessels in the brain can contribute to migraine pain.
Understanding the mechanisms and root cause behind your migraines is critical to accessing the right Chaska, MN migraine treatment. When you turn to our Chaska, MN chiropractors for migraine treatment, your Chaska, MN migraine treatment team will start by assessing your unique case, analyzing your symptoms and triggers.
Prevalence of Migraines
Migraines affect one billion people worldwide.
- In any given 3 month period, approximately one out of 5 women and one out of six people in the United States suffer from migraines.
- Migraines and headaches are the fourth leading cause of seeking emergency medical care.
- Migraines disproportionately affect unemployed adults, low-income households, and young and middle aged adults up to 44 years of age.
- Of those who have had migraines, 31.1% have three or more migraines per month.
- 53.7% of individuals who live with migraines have such severe migraine symptoms that they are confined to bedrest or experience temporary disability.
- In the US, migraines cost $13 billion due to lost labor and productivity every year
Migraine Treatment in Chaska, MN: Recognizing the Symptoms
There are numerous different symptoms you might encounter when you have a migraine. Below are just a few common symptoms. If you have been diagnosed with migraines, have genetic family members with migraines, or have had any of the following symptoms, you may be a good candidate for Chaska, MN chiropractic migraine treatment.
- Strong throbbing or dull aching pain either on one side or both sides of your head
- Pain that worsens with physical activity
- Nausea or vomiting
- Numbness or tingling
- Vision changes, including blurred vision or blind spots
- Slurring speech or difficulty speaking
- Stuffy nose
- Feeling cold or sweaty
- Stiff or tender neck
- Tender scalp
The migraine episode is characterized by four distinct stages: prodrome, aura, headache and postdrome. The entire migraine episode can endure for anywhere between 8 to 72 hours.
Not every migraine sufferer experiences all four stages, and some patients have symptoms from more than one stage concurrently. Auras are not incredibly common, experienced by around 30% of migraine sufferers.
Migraine Treatment in Chaska, MN: What are my Migraine Triggers?
When you realize you need a good migraine treatment plan, it is also beneficial to learn what actions you can take to avoid the onset of migraines in the meantime. By working with our migraine treatment chiropractor near Chaska, MN, you will get to understand the unique characteristics of your migraines and how to treat them. Total Spine migraine treatment doctors in the Chaska, MN area take a personalized approach to caring for every patient.
If you live in constant anticipation of the next migraine that will knock you off your feet, it is important to get migraine treatment from a professional near Chaska, MN as soon as possible. At the same time, you may find that you can alleviate the frequency of attacks by identifying triggers that bring on attacks.
- Bright lights
- Severe temperatures
- Changes in barometric pressure
- Changes in hormone levels in female patients, like estrogen and progesterone fluctuations that take place during menstrual periods, pregnancy, or menopause
- High stress levels
- Loud noises
- Expending physical energy
- Undernourishment or malnourishment
- Consumption of some foods, i.e. salty and processed foods
- Getting too much or too little sleep
- Use of certain medications, like birth control or nitroglycerin
- Unusual smells
- Alcohol consumption
Chiropractic Migraine Treatment near Chaska, MN
When you trust our Chaska, MN chiropractors with your care, we will draw from an arsenal of treatment methods that may help in addressing the source of your migraines. We will work closely with you to understand your condition and goals so we can provide the Chaska, MN migraine treatments that are right for you.
Learn about a few of the chiropractic migraine treatment methods that have been successful for many Chaska, MN migraine patients.
- Spinal Manipulation - hands-on adjustments to the spine. Spinal manipulations can treat migraines by impacting blood flow throughout the nervous system, affecting the way nerves send signals from the body to the brain, and decreasing tightness and inflammation. Unlike many other popular migraine treatment options like medications, chiropractic spinal manipulations run little risk of side effects and complications.
- Massage therapy - manual massaging of the muscles. In Chaska, MN massage therapy for migraine treatment, your massage therapist will focus on releasing trigger points found in the back, shoulder, neck, and head. This can relax muscles, improve blood flow, and reduce stress. Massage therapy also provides relief to compressed nerves that can cause pain and contribute to migraine pain.
- Multidisciplinary approach - intervention through a comprehensive treatment plan. Our Chaska, MN migraine treatment chiropractors always consider all interconnected factors when treating a patient. For migraine treatment patients, we will put together a plan that works and targets all factors in your life related to your migraines. We may prescribe home exercises, relaxation techniques, stress management, dietary counseling, or lifestyle changes to help treat your migraines in Chaska, MN.
As with any treatment method or health care solution, there is no specific solution that works for everyone. What worked well for one person may not be effective for you. It is important that you consult with a chiropractic doctor or talk to your primary care physician before trying a new migraine treatment method.
The Chaska, MN chiropractors of Total Spine Health and Injury Center specialize in providing custom, personalized migraine treatment and other chiropractic and massage therapy services. We take the time to understand your condition, medical history, and general level of health to determine what chiropractic care, if any, is right for your migraine treatment needs.
Our Chaska, MN chiropractors, massage therapists, and customer service team have the skill and experience necessary to offer a full range of spinal health and chiropractic treatment services. In addition to migraine treatment, our team specializes in areas such as:
Get Migraine Treatment near Chaska, MN Today
When you need effective migraine treatment, seeing a chiropractor can be an excellent solution. Our Chaska, MN chiropractic migraine treatment team has seen great success in managing the symptoms and minimizing the onset of attacks for countless Chaska, MN patients living with migraines. Our capable team will lead you in finding the best chiropractic treatment plan for your migraine treatment needs.
The chiropractors of Total Spine Health and Injury Center near Chaska, MN offer safe, effective, tailored migraine treatment using proven interventions. Call us today at (763) 568-7869 or schedule an appointment now.