Migraine Treatment near Chaska, MN
Migraine Treatment near Chaska, MN. If you have had the displeasure of experiencing a migraine, you know how dire it is to find effective Chaska, MN migraine treatment. Migraines affect millions of Americans including Chaska, MN every year, many of whom experience a migraine so severe that it disrupts their ability to work and function. If you have migraines in Chaska, MN and have not had success with the many solutions you have tried, you are not alone. Getting chiropractic care from a chiropractor in Chaska, MN may be the answer.
If you suffer from migraines and need a migraine treatment solution that works, try Total Spine Health and Injury Center in Maple Grove, MN. Our chiropractic team near Chaska, MN offers private, personalized care in our sleek, modern, and comfortable clinic. Find out how the Total Spine migraine treatment team can help you by contacting us to speak to a specialist or scheduling your first appointment now.
Migraine Treatment Chaska, MN: Understanding Migraines
A migraine is not just a bad headache. The neurological condition is typically (but not always) associated with strong headaches, but also brings with it any number of a variety of other symptoms.
Unfortunately, we still do not know everything there is to know about migraines, which is why there is no one widely accepted, effective migraine treatment recommended by the medical community. What we know about migraines is that they involve hormone and neurotransmitter activity, and the narrowing of blood vessels in the brain in response to hormone activity can contribute to migraine pain.
Understanding the mechanisms and root cause behind your migraines is critical to accessing the right Chaska, MN migraine treatment. When you seek migraine treatment from our Chaska, MN chiropractors, your Chaska, MN migraine treatment team will first work to evaluate your unique case, analyzing your symptoms and triggers.
Prevalence of Migraines
- One billion people in the world have migraines.
- In any given 3 month span of time, it is estimated that one out of 5 women and one out of six Americans suffer from migraines.
- Migraines and headaches are the number four cause of seeking emergency medical care.
- Migraines disproportionately affect unemployed adults, low-income households, and young and middle aged adults under the age of 44.
- Of those who have had migraines, 31.1% have at least three migraines per month.
- 53.7% of individuals who get migraines have been unable to function or unable to get out of bed due to the severity of their migraines.
- Migraines cost the United States $13 billion due to lost labor and productivity annually
Migraine Treatment in Chaska, MN: Recognizing the Symptoms
Your migraine may come with any number of a variety of symptoms associated with the condition. Below are just a few common symptoms. If you experience any of the symptoms listed below and believe you suffer from migraines, chiropractic migraine treatment in Chaska, MN may be right for you.
- Intense throbbing or dull aching pain either on one side or both sides of your head
- Pain that gets stronger with physical activity
- Nausea or vomiting
- Numbness or tingling
- Vision changes, including blurred vision or blind spots
- Slurring speech or difficulty speaking
- Stuffy nose
- Cold sweats or hot flashes
- Stiff or tender neck
- Tender scalp
The migraine episode consists of four distinct phases: prodrome, aura, headache and postdrome. From prodrome to postdrome, it can take anywhere from 8 to 72 hours for the migraine to run its course.
A migraine does not always present all four stages, and some patients have symptoms from more than one stage at once. Only about 30% of migraine sufferers experience the aura stage.
Migraine Treatment in Chaska, MN: Knowing Your Migraine Triggers
When you are in need of a good migraine treatment plan, it is also beneficial to learn what actions you can take to prevent the onset of migraines in the meantime. By working with our migraine treatment chiropractor near Chaska, MN, you will get to get a complete picture of your migraines and how to treat them. Our Chaska, MN migraine treatment doctor takes a personalized approach to caring for each patient.
If you live in constant fear of when the next debilitating migraine will strike, act now and find a migraine treatment professional near Chaska, MN as soon as possible. At the same time, you may be able to reduce the frequency of attacks by identifying triggers that bring on attacks.
- Bright lights
- Extreme heat or cold
- Changes in barometric pressure
- For female patients, hormonal changes such as estrogen and progesterone fluctuations that occur during menstrual periods, pregnancy, or menopause
- High stress levels
- Loud noises
- Physical exertion
- Skipping meals
- Certain foods, such as salty and processed foods
- Getting too much or too little sleep
- Some medications, like birth control or nitroglycerin
- Strange smells
- Alcohol use
Chiropractic Migraine Treatment near Chaska, MN
When you trust our Chaska, MN chiropractors with your care, we will draw from an arsenal of treatment methods that may be effective in addressing the source of your migraines. We will work closely with you to understand your condition and goals so we can provide the best possible Chaska, MN migraine treatment.
Learn about some of the chiropractic migraine treatment methods that have been effective for many Chaska, MN migraine patients.
- Spinal Manipulation - hands-on spinal adjustments. Spinal manipulations can treat migraines by impacting blood flow throughout the nervous system, aleviating nerve activity, and reducing tightness and inflammation. Unlike other possible migraine treatment options like medications, chiropractic spinal manipulations run little risk of side effects and complications.
- Massage therapy - manual massaging of the muscles. In Chaska, MN massage therapy for migraine treatment, your massage therapist will focus on releasing trigger points throughout the back, shoulder, neck, and head. This can relax muscles, improve blood flow, and reduce stress. Massage therapy also provides relief to compressed nerves that can cause pain and contribute to migraine pain.
- Multidisciplinary approach - intervention through a comprehensive treatment plan. Our Chaska, MN migraine treatment chiropractors never focus on just one thing in the treatment of every patient. When you come to us for migraine treatment, we will work with you to develop a plan that works and targets all factors in your life related to your migraines. We may prescribe home exercises, relaxation techniques, stress management, dietary counseling, or lifestyle changes to help treat your migraines in Chaska, MN.
As always, there is no specific solution that works for everyone. What worked well for one person may not be effective for you. It is important that you check with a chiropractor or speak to your primary care doctor before trying a new type of migraine treatment.
The Chaska, MN chiropractors of Total Spine Health and Injury Center pride themselves on offering custom, individualized migraine treatment and other chiropractic and massage therapy services. We take care to understand your condition, medical history, and general level of health to determine how our chiropractors can provide the migraine treatment you need.
Our Chaska, MN chiropractors, massage therapists, and customer service team have the skill and experience necessary to offer a full range of spinal health and chiropractic treatment services. In addition to migraine treatment, our team specializes in areas such as:
- Herniated Disc Treatment
- Work Injury Treatment
- Family Chiropractic
- Massage Therapy
- Headache Relief
- Auto Accident Chiropractors Near Me
- Chiropractic Adjustment
- Whiplash Treatment
Get Migraine Treatment near Chaska, MN Today
When you need effective migraine treatment, seeing a chiropractor can be an excellent solution. Our Chaska, MN chiropractic migraine treatment doctors have seen a lot of success in managing the symptoms and minimizing the onset of attacks for countless Chaska, MN patients living with migraines. Our capable team will formulate the best chiropractic care plan for your migraine treatment needs.
The chiropractors of Total Spine Health and Injury Center near Chaska, MN offer safe, effective, tailored migraine treatment using proven interventions. Call us today at (763) 568-7869 or schedule an appointment now.