Work Injury Treatment in Chaska, MN
Work injury treatment in Chaska, MN. Did you sustain an injury at work? Is your movement health being impacted by back pain, stiffness, disc injuries, or spinal misalignment? Do you need to recover but are hesitant about surgery or prescription drugs? Total Spine is here to help.
Beyond the physical pain a work injury comes with, it also affects how you can support for your Chaska, MN family. Chiropractic care has been demonstrated to be an effective work injury treatment for people who are suffering a variety of injuries throughout their musculoskeletal system, not just symptoms affecting the spine. At Total Spine Health & Injury Center, we take a holistic view of your health so that you can both return to work and stay there. For safe and effective work injury treatment in Chaska, MN, call Total Spine today at (763) 568-7869 or contact us online.
Common Work Injuries That Chaska, MN Chiropractic Care Can Treat
Generally, there are four types of work injuries that chiropractors treat:
- Repetitive motion injuries — These occur from performing the same activities for long periods of time, day in and day out. These can include anything from carpal tunnel from using a keyboard all day, axial back pain from being in the same position all day, or a pinched nerve in your back from more physically intensive employment.
- Overexertion — Jobs that are more physically active, like landscaping or mining that require lifting, pulling, pushing, and carrying can cause acute injuries. Overexertion injuries are the second leading nonfatal injury from work, and common examples include disc injuries and injuries to muscles, tendons, and ligaments.
- Falling injuries — Falls, slips, and trips are the third leading cause of missing days from work. Common injuries resulting from falls are ligament injuries, fractures, spinal injuries, and nerve damage.
- Injuries caused by falling objects — The risk of being hit by a falling object is also higher in jobs like construction. Examples of injuries include bruises, broken bones, soft tissue injuries, and traumatic brain injuries.
Professional chiropractors can treat work injuries beyond just the back and spine, but throughout the body. If a brain injury leads you to have persistent migraines, chiropractors can also provide long-term headache relief.
Work injuries we have helped workers found relief for in Chaska, MN include:
- Spinal injuries
- Carpal tunnel
- Disc injuries
- Pinched nerves
- Back pain
- Neck pain
- Whiplash injuries
- Shoulder pain
- Extremity injuries
- Myofascial pain
What Can a Chiropractor Do For My Work Injuries in Chaska, MN?
How we treat your injuries in Chaska, MN will be based on your injury, job, medical history, and the lifestyle you wish to get back to. We'll discuss the events surrounding your injury, or if you have symptoms but are unsure why, work backwards to discover what's causing them. After our initial talk, we'll conduct a physical examination, and conduct what imaging tests or motion study analysis we think we need to. Then, we'll decide on your course of treatment. Chiropractic care for workplace injuries generally includes chiropractic adjustments, also referred to as spinal manipulation, and massage therapy.
Spinal adjustments are done through over a dozen different chiropractic techniques that include quick and targeted thrusts to particular areas. Contrary to popular belief, chiropractors rarely "push joints back in place." Work injuries restrict movement of vertebrae and joints, and chiropractors release tensions interfering with how the body works. In doing so, we help patients achieve optimal movement health and help your body work as a successful whole, and symptoms are relieved through relieving the stress an injury causes to the nervous system.
Massage therapy helps by encouraging blood flow to and relieving soft tissue and breaking down the scar tissue caused by an injury. One of the oldest forms of alternative medicine in the world, massage therapy is proven to reduce stress, increase blood flow, and offer innumerable other benefits.
At Total Spine, we look at your total health and wellness. We'll provide exercise, nutrition, and other advice to help your work injury treatment in Chaska, MN go as smoothly as possible and promote your health down the road.
Benefits of Chiropractic Care for Work Injury Treatment in Chaska, MN
Chiropractic care offers innumerable benefits that are not only effective for work injury treatment, but improve how you feel everyday. With our Chaska, MN chiropractors, you'll enjoy:
- Feeling better than you did before — Beyond just dealing with acute injuries that arise, chiropractic care can improve range of motion, lower blood pressure, and give you more energy and even increase brain activity.
- Patient education — We'll help you understand the nature of your symptoms and how our bodies work in order to stay healthy and feel better at work than you did before your injuries. We can help you with posture correction and other useful strategies to stay safe on the job. Correct posture is imperative for injury prevention.
- Chiropractic for arms, legs, hands, and feet — While most people, possibly rightly so, immediately think of the back and spine when they think of chiropractic care, a licensed chiropractor will also know how to treat your arms, legs, hands, and feet. Chiropractors have a thorough knowledge of the musculoskeletal system, and the same principles of pain relief and optimal function apply equally to the back and other body parts.
- Chiropractic maintenance — "Maintenance" is also known as "preventive" care. Once you've recovered from your injury, we can continue treatment so that you preserve the benefits attained in your acute case, and helps relieve any stress your job may continue to put on your musculoskeletal system. Many of our Chaska, MN work injury patients end up coming in for maintenance after they recover once they discover the benefits of chiropractic care.
How Does Chiropractic Compare to Other Work Injury Treatment Options?
According to research from the Journal of Manipulative and Physiological Therapeutics, employees were able to return to work faster under chiropractic care than medical or osteopathic treatment. Chiropractic care is also a great option for avoiding the need for surgery and reducing the risk of prescription drug dependency.
Chiropractic isn't the best treatment plan for all injuries. If you break a bone, for example, a chiropractor can't fuse it back together, and you'll need physical therapy to rebuild and retrain atrophied muscles. But for the majority of work injuries and symptoms, chiropractic care works because it tackles the underlying issue instead of just masking symptoms.
Paying For Work Injury Treatment in Chaska, MN
Pursuant to Minnesota Statute 176.135, employers must provide medical benefits to employees after a work injury and chiropractic visits are covered under workers' compensation. That includes covering expenses related to travel (gas miles, rideshares, public transportation, etc...), costs of obtaining medical records, and other out-of-pocket expenses.
In most cases, injured employees in Minnesota are allowed to choose the healthcare provider they want. To discover why you should choose our team for your work injury treatment in Chaska, MN, check out our 5-Star reviews on Google, our client testimonials, or read why we think we're among the best chiropractors in Minnesota.
Other services we offer in Chaska, MN include:
- Herniated Disc Treatment
- Family Chiropractic
- Massage Therapy
- Headache Relief
- Auto Accident Chiropractors Near Me
- Chiropractic Adjustment
- Whiplash Treatment
- Migraine Treatment
Trust in Total Spine For Your Work Injury Treatment in Chaska, MN
Our objectives are simple: provide quick pain relief, boost your overall health, and help our Chaska, MN communities understand the countless benefits of chiropractic care. Call Total Spine today at (763) 568-7869 or schedule an appointment for your work injury treatment in Chaska, MN.