Whiplash Treatment in Chaska, MN
Whiplash Treatment Chaska, MN. While estimates vary, we know that whiplash injuries affect more than one million people annually in the US alone. While many of whiplash injuries are mild, there is a very real risk of serious long-term consequences and disability on top of debilitating acute symptoms when you do not seek quality whiplash treatment in the Chaska, MN area after suffering a whiplash injury.
Total Spine Health and Injury Center is a Chaska, MN area chiropractic office staffed by a whiplash treatment team near Chaska, MN with the clinical experience and theoretically understanding to offer care that treats your whiplash injury at its source instead of simply masking your symptoms. Do not resign yourself to decades of pain, limitations, and other significant complications by getting Chaska, MN chiropractic whiplash treatment from our dedicated chiropractic team. talk to us now at (763) 568-7869, contact us online, or book an appointment near Chaska, MN today.
Do I need whiplash treatment in Chaska, MN?
You may need Chaska, MN whiplash treatment if you experienced a whiplash injury and are suffering from symptoms. The term whiplash describes a soft tissue injury to the neck that happens when the head and neck are forced backward and forward and is also referred to as a neck sprain or strain. Whiplash injuries can range in severity and scope. After a whiplash injury, you may notice a few days of soreness in the neck or could suffer from long-term pain or significant complications. After sustaining a whiplash injury, it is vital to seek a medical evaluation to learn if you need Chaska, MN whiplash treatment.
If you are dealing with the symptoms of a whiplash injury such as pain and stiffness, seeing a chiropractor can be an excellent treatment option. To find out if you may need to see a chiropractor for whiplash treatment, learn about the causes and symptoms of whiplash below.
The most common causes of whiplash injuries are:
- Auto accidents. The majority of whiplash injuries occur in car accidents and other auto accidents, and whiplash injuries are highly likely in certain types of auto accidents — namely rear-end collisions. 90% of rear-end accident injuries are whiplash and other neck injuries. These injuries actually most often occur in lower speed crashes of 25 miles per hour or less, with whiplash injuries resulting from collisions at speeds as low as 5 to 10 miles per hour.
- Contact sports. Whiplash injuries can occur in sports in which the body may abruptly stop or start moving by force, including most contact sports (football, soccer, basketball, boxing, wrestling, etc.) and some other sports like diving. Fortunately, while athletes like football players and boxers are at risk of whiplash, whiplash sports injuries are seldom serious or permanent.
- Physical assault. Sadly, some individuals require whiplash treatment in Chaska, MN because of some type of physical abuse. They may have sustained a whiplash injury in shaking, punching, or pushing in an accident, altercation, or domestic abuse incident. In infants, whiplash from shaking, known as shaken baby syndrome, can lead to tragic, often fatal conditions such as infantile subdural haematoma. Our Chaska, MN chiropractors have cared for young children for whom chiropractic care is appropriate.
- Falls. Falls, such as falling from a height or being thrown from a horse, bicycle, or motorcycle, may also result in whiplash injuries.
These are not the only ways to get whiplash. In any event, if any kind of fall, impact, or other accident violently threw your head back and forth, you might have a whiplash injury. Understanding what symptoms to look out for and how whiplash is diagnosed can help you figure out whether whiplash treatment like Chaska, MN chiropractic care can benefit you.
If you have a whiplash injury, you may experience symptoms like:
- Neck soreness
- Neck stiffness
- Neck pain that is exacerbated with movement
- Loss of range of motion in the neck
- Soreness or pain in the shoulders, upper back, and arms
- Arm or hand tingling or numbness
In addition to the common symptoms of whiplash listed above, you may experience additional symptoms such as blurred vision, memory and ability to concentrate, or tinnitus. If you begin to notice symptoms like these, look to your Chaska, MN chiropractor or physician for help finding the best possible treatment for your whiplash symptoms.
Some cases of whiplash are manageable and dissipate naturally with time. These patients may choose to try home whiplash treatment methods like using heat and OTC medications. Call a whiplash treatment chiropractor or another doctor in the Chaska, MN area at (763) 568-7869 if your symptoms take a turn for the worse after a period of improvement or persist longer than two weeks after your injury.
However, other cases are more serious. If you experience symptoms that significantly disrupt your ability to enjoy life, you should request an appointment from our Chaska, MN whiplash treatment chiropractor immediately. You should also seek chiropractic or other whiplash treatment if you are living with long-term whiplash symptoms. Chronic disorders are inordinately prevalent among whiplash victims. According to one peer-reviewed study, 90% of patients still have symptoms one to two years after the date of injury and an unsettling 55% reporting symptoms seventeen years later. Your chance of making a full recovery and preventing a lifetime of pain and other symptoms is decided in part by whether you get quick, proven whiplash treatment in Chaska, MN at your earliest opportunity after sustaining your injury. Contact the Chaska, MN whiplash treatment team at Total Spine Health and Injury Center to receive skilled attention for your whiplash injury right away.
Whiplash Treatment in Chaska, MN
You need a whiplash treatment plan in Chaska, MN that is catered to your needs, goals, and characteristics of your injury. It is important that you find a whiplash treatment chiropractor in Chaska, MN whom you trust and who will take the time to develop a personalized treatment plan for you. Total Spine Health and Injury Center provides individuals in Chaska, MN who have been injured with modern, chiropractic care from reputable treatment professionals in a safe, private, clean officee. Make an appointment for whiplash treatment from a leading Chaska, MN chiropractor right away.
Chiropractic care is one of the recommended treatments for whiplash. Other target="_blank" rel="nofollow noreferrer noopener">whiplash treatment suggestions include heat or ice applications, anti-inflammatory or muscle relaxant drugs, steroid injections, and physical therapy. The difference between chiropractic and other strategies is that chiropractic care is distinct in that it addresses the route of the whiplash injury rather than merely temporarily masking the surface symptoms.
Total Spine Health and Injury Center treats individuals of all ages with a wide variety of needs, priorities, and conditions near Chaska, MN. The Total Spine Chaska, MN team of chiropractors and massage therapists stays informed on the most contemporary chiropractic practices and draws from extensive education and experience treating patients to perform the best possible chiropractic treatment. Our treatment team has experience successfully treating many different conditions, including:
- Family Chiropractic
- Massage Therapy
- Headache Relief
- Auto Accident Chiropractors Near Me
- Chiropractic Adjustment
- Migraine Treatment
- Sciatica Pain Treatment
- Chiropractor Near Me
Chiropractic Care Techniques Used for Whiplash Treatment
- Spinal manipulation - Spinal manipulations will almost certainly be a part of your Chaska, MN whiplash treatment plan. Your doctor will use their hands to gently move the joints to encourage healthy blood flow and range of motion while eliminating stiffness and pain.
- Soft-tissue manipulation - In addition to spinal manipulations, your Chaska, MN chiropractor may use their hands and/or instruments to gently manipulate the soft tissues in the affected areas.
- Manual resistance/stretching - Muscle energy therapy and other joint therapies can be used to release tightness and soreness in the joints in your neck, shoulders, and back.
- Trigger point therapy - You have tight points in your spine and other joint referred to as subluxations, and the tension can be released by applying deep, targeted pressure.
- Interferential electrical stimulation - This chiropractic treatment technique uses a device that sends low-frequency electrical current to the muscles to reduce inflammation, which can help in whiplash treatment.
- Ultrasound - Your Chaska, MN whiplash treatment chiropractor may employ ultrasounds, which has been shown to minimize muscle spasms, stiffness, and pain by encouraging healthy blood circulation.
- Massage therapy - Therapeutic massage by your chiropractor or our certified massage therapist can reduce tension and offer pain relief.
You need an experienced and knowledgeable Chaska, MN chiropractor to lead your whiplash treatment. Care for your future self by targeting your injury at the source with chiropractic whiplash treatment. Take the first step toward your recovery today with Total Spine Health and Injury Center near Chaska, MN. Schedule an appointment online as soon as you can.
Chiropractic Whiplash Treatment near Chaska, MN: Total Spine Health and Injury Center
Receive expert whiplash treatment from trusted Chaska, MN area chiropractors when you have been injured in a rear-end car accident, sports incident, or another type of accident. The doctors and massage therapists at Total Spine Health and Injury Center near Chaska, MN will take a personalized approach to your whiplash treatment chiropractic care and will use their skills to address the underlying source of your symptoms. Learn more about our modern, private chiropractic office in Maple Grove and what to expect from your first visit or contact our Chaska, MN chiropractic office today to begin your whiplash injury recovery.