Migraine Treatment near Circle Pines, MN
Migraine Treatment near Circle Pines, MN. If you have had the displeasure of experiencing a migraine, you know how dire it is to access effective Circle Pines, MN migraine treatment. Migraines , which can be so severe as to cause disability and disfunction, affect millions of people in the US every year. If you have migraines in Circle Pines, MN and have tried multiple treatment methods with little success, you are not alone. Getting chiropractic care from a chiropractor in Circle Pines, MN may be the answer.
If you are sick of dealing with migraines, whether mildly annoying or the cause of several days of missed work, try migraine treatment at Total Spine Health and Injury Center in Maple Grove, MN. Our chiropractic team near Circle Pines, MN offers private, individualized care in a clean and modern clinic. Find out how the Total Spine migraine treatment team can help you by contacting us to consult with a specialist or scheduling your first appointment now.
Migraine Treatment Circle Pines, MN: Understanding Migraines
A migraine is not just a bad headache. The neurological condition is typically (but not always) associated with strong headaches, but also brings with it any number of a variety of other symptoms.
Unfortunately, we still do not know everything there is to know about migraines, which explains why there is no one widely accepted, effective migraine treatment recommended by the medical community. What we know about migraines is that they involve hormone and neurotransmitter activity, and the resulting restriction of blood vessels in the brain can contribute to migraine pain.
Finding the right Circle Pines, MN migraine treatment for you could depend upon determining the cause of your migraines and the onset of attacks. When you seek migraine treatment from our Circle Pines, MN chiropractors, your Circle Pines, MN migraine treatment team will start by assessing your unique case, considering your symptoms and triggers.
Prevalence of Migraines
- Migraines affect one billion people worldwide.
- One out of 5 women and one out of six US citizens have experienced migraines within the last three months.
- Migraines and headaches are the fourth leading cause of seeking emergency medical care.
- Groups most affected by migraines are unemployed adults, families living in poverty, and young and middle aged adults under the age of 44.
- Of those who have had migraines, 31.1% have at least three migraines per month.
- 53.7% of people who experience migraines have such severe migraine symptoms that they are confined to bedrest or experience temporary disability.
- Migraines cost the United States $13 billion due to lost labor and productivity every year
Migraine Treatment in Circle Pines, MN: Recognizing the Symptoms
There are numerous different symptoms you might encounter when you have a migraine. Below we have listed a few common symptoms. If you experience any of the symptoms listed below and believe you suffer from migraines, chiropractic migraine treatment in Circle Pines, MN may be right for you.
- Intense throbbing or dull aching pain either on one side or both sides of your head
- Pain that gets stronger when you exert yourself
- Nausea or vomiting
- Numbness or tingling
- Vision changes, including blurred vision or blind spots
- Difficulty speaking
- Stuffy nose
- Feeling cold or sweaty
- Neck soreness, stiffness, or tightness
- Scalp that is tender to the touch
The migraine episode is characterized by four distinct stages: prodrome, aura, headache and postdrome. From prodrome to postdrome, it can take anywhere from 8 to 72 hours for the migraine to run its course.
Not every migraine sufferer experiences all four stages, and some patients have symptoms from more than one stage at once. Only about 30% of migraine sufferers experience the aura stage.
Migraine Treatment in Circle Pines, MN: What are my Migraine Triggers?
When you are in need of a good migraine treatment plan, you can also benefit from learning about anything you can do to avoid migraine attacks from beginning. By working with our migraine treatment chiropractor near Circle Pines, MN, you will get to get a complete picture of your migraines and learn how to treat them. Total Spine migraine treatment doctors in the Circle Pines, MN area take an individualized approach to treating each patient.
If you live in constant fear of when the next debilitating migraine will strike, it is important to find a migraine treatment professional near Circle Pines, MN as soon as possible. In addition to getting professional care to address the condition, you may be able to alleviate the frequency of attacks by figuring out the triggers that bring on attacks.
- Exposure to bright lights
- Extreme heat or cold
- Changes in barometric pressure
- Changes in hormone levels in female patients, like estrogen and progesterone fluctuations that take place during menstrual periods, pregnancy, or menopause
- High stress levels
- Loud noises
- Undernourishment or malnourishment
- Consumption of some foods, i.e. salty and processed foods
- Sleep pattern variations, such as too much sleep or missing sleep
- Use of certain medications, like birth control or nitroglycerin
- Unusual smells
- Alcohol consumption
Chiropractic Migraine Treatment near Circle Pines, MN
When you trust our Circle Pines, MN chiropractors with your care, we will draw from an arsenal of treatment methods that may help treat your migraines. We will work closely with you to understand your condition and goals so we can provide the Circle Pines, MN migraine treatments that are right for you.
Below are a few of the chiropractic migraine treatment methods that have been successful for many Circle Pines, MN migraine patients.
- Spinal Manipulation - hands-on adjustments to the spine. Spinal manipulations can treat migraines by impacting blood flow in the nervous system, affecting the way nerves send signals from the body to the brain, and decreasing tightness and inflammation. Unlike many other popular migraine treatment options like medications, chiropractic spinal manipulations carry little risk of side effects and complications.
- Massage therapy - hands-on muscle massaging. In Circle Pines, MN massage therapy for migraine treatment, your massage therapist will focus on releasing trigger points found in the back, shoulder, neck, and head. Massage therapy helps relax muscles, improve blood flow, and reduce stress. It also provides relief to compressed nerves that can cause pain and contribute to migraine pain.
- Multidisciplinary approach - intervention through a comprehensive treatment plan. Our Circle Pines, MN migraine treatment chiropractors never focus on just one thing when treating a patient. For migraine treatment patients, we will work with you to develop a plan that works and targets all factors in your life related to your migraines. This could include the use of home exercises, relaxation techniques, stress management, dietary counseling, or lifestyle changes to help treat your migraines in Circle Pines, MN.
As with any treatment method or health care solution, there is no one-size-fits-all solution. What was effective for one person may not be effective for you. Be safe and make sure to consult with a chiropractic doctor or talk to your primary care physician before trying a new type of migraine treatment.
The Circle Pines, MN chiropractors of Total Spine Health and Injury Center specialize in providing private, individualized migraine treatment and other chiropractic and massage therapy services. We take care to understand your condition, medical history, and general level of health to determine how our chiropractors can provide the migraine treatment you need.
Our Circle Pines, MN chiropractors, massage therapists, and customer service team have the skill and experience necessary to offer a full range of spinal health and chiropractic treatment services. In addition to migraine treatment, our team specializes in areas such as:
- Herniated Disc Treatment
- Work Injury Treatment
- Family Chiropractic
- Massage Therapy
- Headache Relief
- Auto Accident Chiropractors Near Me
- Chiropractic Adjustment
- Whiplash Treatment
Get Migraine Treatment near Circle Pines, MN Today
When you need effective migraine treatment, chiropractic care can be incredibly helpful. Our Circle Pines, MN chiropractic migraine treatment doctors have seen a lot of success in managing the symptoms and reducing the onset of episodes for countless Circle Pines, MN patients living with migraines. Our capable team will formulate the best chiropractic care plan for your migraine treatment needs.
The chiropractors of Total Spine Health and Injury Center near Circle Pines, MN offer safe, effective, tailored migraine treatment using proven interventions. Call us today at (763) 568-7869 or schedule an appointment now.