Migraine Treatment near Circle Pines, MN
Migraine Treatment near Circle Pines, MN. If you have had the displeasure of experiencing a migraine, you understand the urgency of needing to access effective Circle Pines, MN migraine treatment. Migraines can be debilitating and affect millions of people in the US every year. Many Circle Pines, MN migraine sufferers have tried countless over-the-counter medications and other medical solutions, to no avail. Seeing a chiropractor in Circle Pines, MN may be the answer.
If you suffer from migraines and need a migraine treatment solution that works, try Total Spine Health and Injury Center in Maple Grove, MN. Our chiropractic team near Circle Pines, MN provides private, personalized care in a clean and modern setting. Find out how the Total Spine migraine treatment team can help you by contacting us to consult with a specialist or making your first appointment now.
Migraine Treatment Circle Pines, MN: Understanding Migraines
A migraine is not just a bad headache. The neurological condition is typically (but not always) associated with strong headaches, but also brings with it any number of a variety of other symptoms.
Unfortunately, we still do not know everything there is to know about migraines, which is why there is little consensus from the medical community on the best and most effective migraine treatment. What we know about migraines is that they involve hormone and neurotransmitter activity, and the narrowing of blood vessels in the brain in response to hormone activity can contribute to migraine pain.
Finding the right Circle Pines, MN migraine treatment for you could depend upon determining the cause of your migraines and the onset of attacks. When you seek migraine treatment from our Circle Pines, MN chiropractors, your Circle Pines, MN migraine treatment team will start by assessing your unique case, analyzing your symptoms and triggers.
Prevalence of Migraines
One billion people in the world have migraines.
- One out of 5 women and one out of six Americans have experienced migraines within the last three months.
- Migraines and headaches are the fourth leading reason for seeking emergency medical care.
- Migraines disproportionately affect unemployed adults, families living in poverty, and adults up to 44 years of age.
- Of those who have had migraines, 31.1% have three or more migraines per month.
- 53.7% of people who live with migraines have been debilitated or unable to get out of bed due to the severity of their migraines.
- In the US, migraines cost $13 billion in lost labor and productivity annually
Migraine Treatment in Circle Pines, MN: Understanding the Symptoms
There are numerous different symptoms you might encounter when you have a migraine. Below we have listed a few common symptoms. If you experience any of the symptoms listed below and believe you suffer from migraines, you may be a good candidate for Circle Pines, MN chiropractic migraine treatment.
- Intrusive throbbing or dull aching pain either on one side or both sides of your head
- Pain that worsens with physical activity
- Nausea or vomiting
- Numbness or tingling
- Blurred vision, tunnel vision, or blind spots
- Difficulty speaking
- Stuffy nose
- Feeling cold or sweaty
- Stiff or tender neck
- Tender scalp
A migraine attack is broken into four distinct phases: prodrome, aura, headache and postdrome. The entire migraine episode can endure for anywhere between 8 to 72 hours.
Not every migraine sufferer experiences all four stages, and some patients have symptoms from more than one stage at the same time. Only about 30% of migraine sufferers experience the aura stage.
Migraine Treatment in Circle Pines, MN: What are my Migraine Triggers?
When you realize you need a good migraine treatment plan, it is also beneficial to learn what you can do to prevent migraine attacks from beginning. By working with our migraine treatment chiropractor near Circle Pines, MN, you will get to understand the unique characteristics of your migraines and how to treat them. Total Spine migraine treatment doctors in the Circle Pines, MN area take a personalized approach to treating every patient.
If you know the excruciating pain and disfunction of migraine attacks, it is important to find a migraine treatment professional near Circle Pines, MN as soon as possible. In addition to getting professional care to address the condition, you may be able to reduce the frequency of attacks by figuring out the triggers that bring on attacks.
- Exposure to bright lights
- Severe temperatures
- Dramatic changes in barometric pressure
- For female patients, hormonal changes such as estrogen and progesterone fluctuations that take place during menstrual periods, pregnancy, or menopause
- High stress levels
- Loud noises
- Undernourishment or malnourishment
- Certain foods, i.e. salty and processed foods
- Getting too much or too little sleep
- Some medications, like birth control or nitroglycerin
- Strange smells
- Alcohol consumption
Chiropractic Migraine Treatment near Circle Pines, MN
When you trust our Circle Pines, MN chiropractors with your care, we will draw from an arsenal of treatment methods that may help treat your migraines. We will work closely with you to understand your condition and goals so we can provide the best possible Circle Pines, MN migraine treatment.
Below are some of the chiropractic migraine treatment methods that have been successful for many Circle Pines, MN migraine patients.
- Spinal Manipulation - hands-on adjustments to the spine. Spinal manipulations can address migraines by improving blood flow in the nervous system, aleviating nerve activity, and decreasing tightness and inflammation. Unlike other possible migraine treatment options like medications, chiropractic spinal manipulations carry minimal risk of side effects and complications.
- Massage therapy - hands-on muscle massaging. In Circle Pines, MN massage therapy for migraine treatment, your massage therapist will focus on releasing trigger points throughout the back, shoulder, neck, and head. Massage therapy helps relax muscles, improve blood flow, and reduce stress. It also provides relief to compressed nerves that can cause pain and contribute to migraine pain.
- Multidisciplinary approach - looking at the big picture to provide comprehensive intervention for your migraines. Our Circle Pines, MN migraine treatment chiropractors always consider all interconnected factors when treating a patient. For migraine treatment patients, we will work with you to develop a plan that works and addresses all aspects of migraines in your life. We may prescribe home exercises, relaxation techniques, stress management, dietary counseling, or lifestyle changes to help treat your migraines in Circle Pines, MN.
As with any treatment method or health care solution, there is no specific solution that works for everyone. What was effective for one person may not be effective for you. It is important that you check with a chiropractic doctor or speak to your primary care doctor before trying a new type of migraine treatment.
The Circle Pines, MN chiropractors of Total Spine Health and Injury Center specialize in offering custom, personalized migraine treatment and other chiropractic and massage therapy services. We take the time to understand your condition, medical history, and general level of health to determine what chiropractic care, if any, is right for your migraine treatment needs.
Our Circle Pines, MN chiropractors, massage therapists, and customer service team have the skill and experience necessary to offer a full range of spinal health and chiropractic treatment services. In addition to migraine treatment, our team specializes in areas such as:
Get Migraine Treatment near Circle Pines, MN Today
When you need effective migraine treatment, seeing a chiropractor can be incredibly helpful. Our Circle Pines, MN chiropractic migraine treatment team has seen great success in alleviating the symptoms and preventing the onset of episodes for countless Circle Pines, MN patients living with migraines. Our capable team will formulate the best chiropractic treatment plan for your migraine treatment needs.
The chiropractors of Total Spine Health and Injury Center near Circle Pines, MN perform safe, effective, tailored migraine treatment using proven interventions. Call us today at (763) 568-7869 or make an appointment now.