Whiplash Treatment in Circle Pines, MN
Whiplash Treatment Circle Pines, MN. While estimates vary, we know that whiplash injuries affect at least one million people annually in the United States alone. While many of whiplash injuries are mild, there is a very real risk of serious long-term consequences and disability on top of debilitating acute symptoms when you do not seek quality whiplash treatment in the Circle Pines, MN area after suffering a whiplash injury.
Total Spine Health and Injury Center is a Circle Pines, MN area chiropractic office staffed by a whiplash treatment team near Circle Pines, MN with the clinical experience and theoretically understanding to safely and effectively treat your whiplash injury at its source rather than simply masking your symptoms. Protect yourself from endless years of pain, limitations, and other significant medical conditions by getting Circle Pines, MN chiropractic whiplash treatment from our dedicated chiropractic team. Reach us now at (763) 568-7869, contact us online, or book an appointment near Circle Pines, MN today.
Who needs whiplash treatment in Circle Pines, MN?
If you believe you have a whiplash injury and are experiencing symptoms, you may need Circle Pines, MN whiplash treatment. Whiplash is a term referring to a soft tissue injury to the neck that happens when the head and neck are forced backward and forward and is also referred to as a neck sprain or strain. Whiplash injuries vary in severity and scope. After a whiplash injury, you may notice soreness for a handful of days or could develop chronic pain or serious complications. It is wise to get medical attention after an injury like a whiplash injury to determine if you need Circle Pines, MN whiplash treatment.
If you are dealing with the symptoms of a whiplash injury such as pain and stiffness, seeing a chiropractor can be an excellent treatment decision. To find out if you may need to see a chiropractor for whiplash treatment, learn about the causes and symptoms of whiplash below.
Common whiplash causes include:
- Auto accidents. Car accidents and other traffic accidents are the most common cause of whiplash injuries, and rear-end collisions are the most common type of car accident to cause whiplash injuries. 90% of rear-end accident injuries are neck injuries including whiplash. These injuries actually most often take place during crashes that happen at speeds under 25 miles per hour. Whiplash injuries can happen in crashes at speeds as low as 5 to 10 miles per hour.
- Contact sports. Whiplash injuries are a risk in sports in which the body may start or stop traveling suddenly, such as most contact sports (football, soccer, basketball, boxing, wrestling, etc.) and even other sports like diving. Fortunately, while whiplash is common in football players and other athletes exposed to high-force collisions between players, whiplash sports injuries are rarely serious or permanent.
- Physical assault. Sadly, some individuals require whiplash treatment in Circle Pines, MN due to some type of physical abuse. They may have sustained a whiplash injury in an accident, an altercation, or domestic violence attacks when the victim is pushed, punched, or shaken. Shaken baby syndrome involves whiplash in infants and can cause heartbreaking, often fatal conditions such as infantile subdural haematoma. Our Circle Pines, MN chiropractors have experience safely treating young children for whom chiropractic care is appropriate.
- Falls. Falling from a higher surface to a lower surface or falling from a ride such as a horse or ATV may also result in whiplash injuries.
This is not a complete list of whiplash causes. In any event, if your head and neck were abruptly thrown forward and backward, you might have a whiplash injury. Understanding what symptoms to look out for and how whiplash is diagnosed can help you figure out if you need Circle Pines, MN chiropractic care for whiplash treatment.
If you have a whiplash injury, some common symptoms you might experience are:
- Neck soreness
- Neck pain that worsens with movement
- Loss of range of motion in the neck
- Tenderness or pain in the shoulders or upper back and arms
- Arm or hand tingling or numbness
In addition to the common symptoms of whiplash listed above, you may experience nervous system symptoms such as blurred vision, memory and concentration problems, or tinnitus. If you begin to notice symptoms like these, look to your Circle Pines, MN chiropractor or physician for help finding the proper treatment for your whiplash symptoms.
For some, whiplash symptoms are mild to moderate and dissipate naturally with time. These patients may choose to look to home whiplash treatment methods like heat/cold applications and OTC pharmaceuticals. Call (763) 568-7869 to speak to a whiplash treatment chiropractor near Circle Pines, MN if symptoms take a turn for the worse after a period of improvement or progress beyond two weeks after your injury.
However, other cases are more serious. If your symptoms are severe enough that they affect your ability to enjoy life, you should request whiplash treatment appointment from our chiropractor as soon as possible. It is also important to receive chiropractic or other whiplash treatment if you are living with long-term whiplash symptoms. Chronic conditions are inordinately common among whiplash victims. According to one peer-reviewed study, 90% of patients still have symptoms one to two years after the date of injury and a jarring 55% reporting symptoms seventeen years later. Your chance of making a full recovery and avoiding a lifetime of pain and debilitating symptoms is decided in part by whether you get prompt, efficacious whiplash treatment in Circle Pines, MN right away after being injured. Contact the Circle Pines, MN whiplash treatment team at Total Spine Health and Injury Center to receive help addressing your whiplash condition right away.
Circle Pines, MN Whiplash Treatment
You need a whiplash treatment plan in Circle Pines, MN that is catered to your condition and your personal needs and goals. It is important that you find a whiplash treatment chiropractor in Circle Pines, MN whom you are comfortable with and who will take a dedicated, individualized approach to your treatment. Total Spine Health and Injury Center near Circle Pines, MN provides targeted, chiropractic care from seasoned treatment professionals in a safe, private, clean officee. Request an appointment for Circle Pines, MN whiplash treatment from one of the top area chiropractors now.
Chiropractic care is one of the recommended treatments for whiplash, among additional target="_blank" rel="nofollow noreferrer noopener">whiplash treatment strategies such as heat or ice applications, anti-inflammatory or muscle relaxant drugs, steroid injections, and exercises or physical therapy. The difference between chiropractic and other strategies is that chiropractic care is distinct in that it addresses the underlying cause of the whiplash injury as opposed to treating or masking the symptoms on the surface.
Total Spine Health and Injury Center serves patients young and old who have a wide range of needs, goals, and physical complaints in the Circle Pines, MN area. Our Circle Pines, MN team of chiropractors and massage therapists stays ahead on the latest accepted chiropractic practices and refers to years of specialized education and experience treating patients to provide the best possible chiropractic care. Our treatment team has experience successfully treating many different conditions, including:
Chiropractic Care Techniques Used for Whiplash Treatment
- Spinal manipulation - Spinal manipulations will almost certainly be a part of your Circle Pines, MN whiplash treatment plan. Your doctor will use their hands to gently move the joints to encourage healthy blood flow and range of motion and reduce stiffness and pain.
- Soft-tissue manipulation - In addition to spinal manipulations, your Circle Pines, MN chiropractor may use their hands and/or instruments to gently manipulate the soft tissues in the affected areas.
- Manual resistance/stretching - Specific stretching exercises will help release tightness and soreness in the joints in your neck, shoulders, and back.
- Trigger point therapy - Your whiplash treatment chiropractor will identify tight points along the spine and other joints called subluxations, and the tension can be released by applying deep, targeted pressure.
- Interferential electrical stimulation - Your chiropractor may use a machine to send low-frequency electrical current to the muscles, reducing inflammation associated with whiplash.
- Ultrasound - Your Circle Pines, MN whiplash treatment chiropractor may employ ultrasound technology, which can reduce muscle spasms, stiffness, and pain by fostering better blood circulation.
- Massage therapy - Our chiropractors and certified massage therapist will administer therapeutic massage to the affected and surrounding areas of the body to reduce tension and offer pain relief.
You need an experienced and knowledgeable chiropractor on your whiplash treatment team near Circle Pines, MN. Care for your future self by beginning quality chiropractic whiplash treatment now to address the source of your whiplash injury and avoid a lifetime of pain and other whiplash symptoms. Take the first step toward your recovery today with Total Spine Health and Injury Center near Circle Pines, MN. Make an appointment online now.
Chiropractic Whiplash Treatment near Circle Pines, MN: Total Spine Health and Injury Center
Access quality whiplash treatment from leading Circle Pines, MN area chiropractors when you have been injured in a car wreck, sports incident, or another type of accident. The doctors and massage therapists at Total Spine Health and Injury Center near Circle Pines, MN will take a personalized approach to your whiplash treatment chiropractic care and will use their skills to address the root source of your symptoms. Learn more about our modern, private chiropractic office in Maple Grove and what to expect from your first visit or contact our Circle Pines, MN chiropractic office today to begin your whiplash injury recovery.