Work Injury Treatment in Circle Pines, MN
Work injury treatment in Circle Pines, MN. Have you been injured at work? Is your movement health being impacted by back pain, stiffness, disc injuries, or spinal misalignment? Do you need to get back to work but are worried about surgery or prescription drugs? Chiropractic care may be your answer.
Beyond the limitations and pain a work injury causes, it also affects your ability to provide for your Circle Pines, MN family. Chiropractic care has been demonstrated to be an effective work injury treatment for people who are suffering a variety of injuries affecting any body part, not just symptoms affecting the spine. At Total Spine Health & Injury Center, we focus on your long-term health so that you not only return to work, but feel better than you used to once you get there. For safe and successful work injury treatment in Circle Pines, MN, call Total Spine today at (763) 568-7869 or tell us how we can help you online.
Common Work Injuries That Circle Pines, MN Chiropractors Treat
Generally, there are four types of work injuries that chiropractors treat:
- Overuse injuries — These occur from performing the same motions for long periods of time, day in and day out. These can include anything from carpal tunnel from working on a computer all day, axial back pain from being in the same position throughout your work day, or a disc injury from more physically intensive employment.
- Overexertion — Jobs that are harder on our bodies, like construction or agriculture that require lifting, pulling, pushing, and carrying can cause acute injuries. Overexertion injuries are the second leading nonfatal injury from work, and common examples include disc injuries and injuries to soft tissue.
- Falling injuries — Falls, slips, and trips are the third leading cause of missing days from work. Common injuries resulting from falls are sprains and strains, fractures, spinal misalignment, back pain, and neck pain.
- Falling object injuries — The risk of being hit by a falling object is also higher in professionals like construction. Examples of injuries include contusions, fractures, strains, sprains, and traumatic brain injuries.
Licensed chiropractors are capable of treating work injuries beyond just the back and spine, but a variety of body parts and functional issues. If a concussion causes chronic headaches, chiropractic care can also offer significant headache relief.
Work injuries we frequently treat in Circle Pines, MN include:
- Spinal issues
- Carpal tunnel
- Disc injuries
- Pinched nerves
- Back pain
- Neck pain
- Whiplash injuries
- Shoulder pain
- Arm and leg pain
- Myofascial pain
What Can Chiropractic Care Do For My Work Injuries in Circle Pines, MN?
Your work injury treatment from your Circle Pines, MN chiropractor will be based on the nature of your injury, nature of your job and lifestyle, your medical history. We'll go over the events surrounding your injury, or if you have symptoms but are unsure why, work with you to find out what's causing them. After our initial talk, we'll conduct a physical examination, and perform what X-rays or motion study analysis we think we need to. Then, we'll decide on your course of treatment. Chiropractic care for workplace injuries typically consists of chiropractic adjustments, also known as spinal manipulation, and massage therapy.
Spinal alignments are carried out by numerous chiropractic techniques that include quick and targeted thrusts to particular areas. A common misconception is that chiropractors "pop bones back in place." Work injuries interrupt how vertebrae and joints function correctly, and chiropractors release tensions interfering with how the body works. In doing so, we help employees reach optimal movement health and ensure your body is functioning in concert, and symptoms are relieved by freeing up your nervous system.
Massage therapy can treat an injury by encouraging blood flow to and relieving tight muscles and breaking down the scar tissue caused by an injury. Practiced for over 5,000 years, massage therapy is proven to improve your mood, increase circulation, and offer countless other benefits.
At Total Spine, we believe in taking a holistic view to our patients' health. We'll provide exercise, nutrition, and other suggestions to help your work injury treatment in Circle Pines, MN go as quickly as it can and promote your health in the future.
What Our Chiropractic Care Offers For Your Work Injury Treatment in Circle Pines, MN
Chiropractic care offers countless benefits that are not only effective for work injury treatment, but improve how you feel everyday. With our Circle Pines, MN chiropractors, you'll enjoy:
- Feeling better every day — Beyond just reducing pain, chiropractic care can help range of motion, lower blood pressure, and can improve sleep and even improve brain function.
- Patient education — We'll help you understand the nature of your symptoms and how our bodies work in order to reduce your risk of re-injury and perform at work better than ever. We can help you with tips for lifting and other ways to stay safe on the job. Correct posture is vital for injury prevention.
- Chiropractic for arms, legs, hands, and feet — While chiropractors are associated with the back and spine, an experienced chiropractor will also know how to treat your extremities. Chiropractors have a deep understanding of the musculoskeletal system, and the principles that apply to the joints, muscles, ligaments, tendons, and nerves in your back are true for the rest of your body as well.
- Chiropractic maintenance — "Maintenance" is also known as "preventive" care. Maintenance comes after the acute issue, and ensures that you stay at optimal health and can protect your body from the physical stress of your line of work. A lot of our Circle Pines, MN work injury patients schedule maintenance once they understand what chiropractic can do for their health and wellness.
Is Chiropractic Care a Better Work Injury Treatment Plan Than Other Options?
According to a study in the Journal of Manipulative and Physiological Therapeutics, employees were able to return to work faster under chiropractic care than medical or osteopathic treatment. According to the American Chiropractic Association, people with back injuries who first seek out a medical doctor have a 42.7% likelihood of surgery, compared to 1.5% for people who first see a chiropractor. Chiropractic care also reduces the use of opioids and prescription drugs.
Chiropractic isn't the best treatment plan for all injuries. If you break a bone, for example, a chiropractor can't fuse it back together, and you'll need physical therapy to rebuild and retrain atrophied muscles. But for most work injuries and symptoms, chiropractic care works because it tackles the underlying issue instead of merely treating symptoms.
How Do I Pay For My Work Injury Treatment in Circle Pines, MN
Pursuant to Minnesota Statute 176.135, employers are legally obligated to provide medical benefits to employees after a work injury and chiropractic visits are covered under workers' compensation. They also need to pay for expenses related to travel (gas miles, taxis, public transportation, etc...), costs of obtaining medical records, and other out-of-pocket expenses.
In most cases, workers in Minnesota have wide leeway in choosing which healthcare provider they want to see. To discover why you should choose our team for your work injury treatment in Circle Pines, MN, check out our 5-Star rating on Google, our patient testimonials, or read more on how to find the best chiropractors in Minnesota.
Other conditions and injuries we treat in Circle Pines, MN include:
- Herniated Disc Treatment
- Family Chiropractic
- Massage Therapy
- Headache Relief
- Auto Accident Chiropractors Near Me
- Chiropractic Adjustment
- Whiplash Treatment
- Migraine Treatment
Call Total Spine For Your Work Injury Treatment in Circle Pines, MN
Our goals are simple: provide effective pain relief, boost your long-term health, and help our Circle Pines, MN communities understand the extraordinary benefits of chiropractic can have for our health and wellness. Call Total Spine today at (763) 568-7869 or contact us online for your work injury treatment in Circle Pines, MN.