Migraine Treatment near Corcoran, MN
Migraine Treatment near Corcoran, MN. If you have had the displeasure of experiencing a migraine, you know how dire it is to find effective Corcoran, MN migraine treatment. Migraines , which can be so severe as to cause disability and disfunction, affect millions of people in the US every year. Many Corcoran, MN migraine sufferers have tried countless over-the-counter medications and other medical solutions, to no avail. Getting chiropractic care from a chiropractor in Corcoran, MN may be the intervention you need.
If you suffer from migraines and need a migraine treatment solution that works, try Total Spine Health and Injury Center in Maple Grove, MN. Our Corcoran, MN chiropractic team provides private, personalized care in a clean and modern clinic. Find out how the Total Spine migraine treatment team can help you by contacting us to speak to our team or making your first appointment now.
Migraine Treatment Corcoran, MN: About Migraines
A migraine is a neurological condition that is often characterized by severe headaches. But a migraine is more than just a bad headache (in fact, some migraines occur without a headache at all) and is accompanied by any number of a variety of other symptoms.
Unfortunately, we still do not know everything there is to know about migraines, which is why there is little consensus from the medical community on the best and most effective migraine treatment. What we know about migraines is that they involve hormone and neurotransmitter activity, and the narrowing of blood vessels in the brain in response to hormone activity can contribute to migraine pain.
Understanding the mechanisms and root cause behind your migraines is critical to accessing the right Corcoran, MN migraine treatment. When you turn to our Corcoran, MN chiropractors for migraine treatment, your Corcoran, MN migraine treatment team will first work to evaluate your unique case, analyzing the symptoms you experience and the triggers that bring on attacks.
Prevalence of Migraines
- One billion people in the world have migraines.
- In any given 3 month period, approximately one out of 5 women and one out of six Americans suffer from migraines.
- Migraines and headaches are the fourth leading reason for emergency room visits.
- Migraines disproportionately affect unemployed adults, low-income households, and adults up to 44 years of age.
- Of those who have had migraines, 31.1% have three or more migraines per month.
- 53.7% of individuals who live with migraines have been debilitated or confined to bedrest due to the severity of their migraines.
- Migraines cost the United States $13 billion in lost labor and productivity each year
Migraine Treatment in Corcoran, MN: Understanding the Symptoms
There are a vast number of different symptoms you might encounter when you have a migraine. Below are just a few common symptoms. If you have been diagnosed with migraines, have genetic family members with migraines, or have had any of the following symptoms, you may be a good candidate for Corcoran, MN chiropractic migraine treatment.
- Intrusive throbbing or dull aching pain either on one side or both sides of your head
- Pain that gets worse when you exert yourself
- Nausea or vomiting
- Numbness or tingling
- Blurred vision, tunnel vision, or blind spots
- Difficulty speaking
- Stuffy nose
- Feeling cold or sweaty
- Neck soreness, stiffness, or tightness
- Scalp that is tender to the touch
A migraine attack is broken into four distinct stages: prodrome, aura, headache and postdrome. The entire migraine episode can endure for anywhere between 8 to 72 hours.
Not every migraine sufferer experiences all four stages, and some patients have symptoms from more than one stage at the same time. Only about 30% of migraine sufferers experience the aura stage.
Migraine Treatment in Corcoran, MN: What are my Migraine Triggers?
When you are in the market for migraine treatment that works, it is also beneficial to learn what actions you can take to prevent the onset of migraines in the meantime. Work with our migraine treatment chiropractors near Corcoran, MN to understand the unique characteristics of your migraines and how to treat them. Our Corcoran, MN migraine treatment doctor takes a personalized approach to treating every patient.
If you live in constant anticipation of the next migraine that will knock you off your feet, it is important to get migraine treatment from a professional near Corcoran, MN as soon as possible. At the same time, you may be able to reduce the frequency of attacks by identifying factors that trigger attacks.
- Exposure to bright lights
- Extreme heat or cold
- Changes in barometric pressure
- Changes in hormone levels in female patients, like estrogen and progesterone fluctuations that take place during menstrual periods, pregnancy, or menopause
- Loud noises
- Expending physical energy
- Undernourishment or malnourishment
- Certain foods, i.e. salty and processed foods
- Changes in sleep patterns, such as too much sleep or missing sleep
- Some medications, like birth control or nitroglycerin
- Strange smells
- Alcohol consumption
Chiropractic Migraine Treatment near Corcoran, MN
When you trust our Corcoran, MN chiropractors with your care, we will draw from an arsenal of treatment methods that could help treat your migraines. We take the time to evaluate your condition and understand your goals so we can provide the Corcoran, MN migraine treatments that are right for you.
Below are some of the chiropractic migraine treatment methods that have been successful for many Corcoran, MN migraine patients.
- Spinal Manipulation - hands-on adjustments to the spine. Spinal manipulations can address migraines by improving blood flow throughout the nervous system, affecting the way nerves send signals from the body to the brain, and decreasing tightness and inflammation. Unlike many other popular migraine treatment options like medications, chiropractic spinal manipulations run minimal risk of side effects and complications.
- Massage therapy - hands-on muscle massaging. In Corcoran, MN massage therapy for migraine treatment, we pay special attention to releasing trigger points found in the back, shoulder, neck, and head. Massage therapy helps relax muscles, improve blood flow, and reduce stress. Massage therapy also provides relief to compressed nerves that can cause pain and contribute to migraine pain.
- Multidisciplinary approach - intervention through a comprehensive treatment plan. Our Corcoran, MN migraine treatment chiropractors always consider all interconnected factors in the treatment of every patient. For migraine treatment patients, we will put together a plan that works and addresses all aspects of migraines in your life. We may prescribe home exercises, relaxation techniques, stress management, dietary counseling, or lifestyle changes to help treat your migraines in Corcoran, MN.
As with any treatment method or health care solution, there is no specific solution that works for everyone. What was effective for one person may not be effective for you. It is important that you consult with a chiropractor or talk to your primary care physician before trying a new type of migraine treatment.
The Corcoran, MN chiropractors of Total Spine Health and Injury Center specialize in offering custom, personalized migraine treatment and other chiropractic and massage therapy services. We take care to understand your condition, medical history, and general level of health to figure out how our chiropractors can provide the migraine treatment you need.
Our Corcoran, MN chiropractors, massage therapists, and customer service team have the skill and experience necessary to offer a full range of spinal health and chiropractic treatment services. In addition to migraine treatment, our team specializes in areas such as:
- Headache Relief
- Auto Accident Chiropractors Near Me
- Chiropractic Adjustment
- Whiplash Treatment
- Sciatica Pain Treatment
- Chiropractor Near Me
Get Migraine Treatment near Corcoran, MN Today
When you need effective migraine treatment, chiropractic care can be an excellent solution. Our Corcoran, MN chiropractic migraine treatment doctors have seen a lot of success in alleviating the symptoms and minimizing the onset of episodes for countless Corcoran, MN patients living with migraines. Our capable team will lead you in finding the best chiropractic care plan for your migraine treatment needs.
The chiropractors of Total Spine Health and Injury Center near Corcoran, MN will provide safe, effective, tailored migraine treatment using evidence-based interventions. Call us today at (763) 568-7869 or schedule an appointment now.