Migraine Treatment near Corcoran, MN
Migraine Treatment near Corcoran, MN. If you have ever had a migraine, you understand the urgency of needing to find effective Corcoran, MN migraine treatment. Migraines can be debilitating and affect millions of people in the US every year. Many Corcoran, MN migraine sufferers have tried countless over-the-counter medications and other medical solutions, to no avail. Getting chiropractic care from a chiropractor in Corcoran, MN may be the answer.
If you suffer from migraines and need a migraine treatment solution that works, try Total Spine Health and Injury Center in Maple Grove, MN. Our Corcoran, MN chiropractic team offers private, individualized care in a clean and modern clinic. Find out how the Total Spine migraine treatment team can help you by contacting us to consult with our team or scheduling your first appointment now.
Migraine Treatment Corcoran, MN: About Migraines
A migraine is a neurological condition that is often characterized by severe headaches. But a migraine is more than just a bad headache (in fact, some migraines occur without a headache at all) and is accompanied by any number of a variety of other symptoms.
There is still a lot we do not know about migraines, which explains why there is little consensus from the medical community on the best and most effective migraine treatment. What we know about migraines is that they involve hormone and neurotransmitter activity, and the narrowing of blood vessels in the brain in response to hormone activity can contribute to migraine pain.
Understanding the mechanisms and root cause behind your migraines is critical to accessing the right Corcoran, MN migraine treatment. When you seek migraine treatment from our Corcoran, MN chiropractors, your Corcoran, MN migraine treatment team will start by assessing your unique case, analyzing your symptoms and triggers.
Prevalence of Migraines
One billion people in the world have migraines.
- In any given 3 month span of time, approximately one out of 5 women and one out of six people in the United States suffer from migraines.
- Migraines and headaches are the number four reason for seeking emergency medical care.
- Groups most affected by migraines are unemployed adults, low-income households, and adults under the age of 44.
- About a third of people who get migraines (31.1%) have at least three migraines per month.
- 53.7% of individuals who get migraines have been unable to function or bed-ridden due to the severity of their migraines.
- Migraines cost the United States $13 billion due to lost labor and productivity annually
Migraine Treatment in Corcoran, MN: Understanding the Symptoms
Your migraine may come with any number of a variety of symptoms associated with the condition. Below we have listed a few common symptoms. If you have been diagnosed with migraines, have genetic family members with migraines, or have had any of the following symptoms, you may benefit from Corcoran, MN chiropractic migraine treatment.
- Strong throbbing or dull aching pain on one or both sides of your head
- Pain that gets worse with physical activity
- Nausea or vomiting
- Numbness or tingling
- Vision changes, including blurred vision or blind spots
- Slurring speech or difficulty speaking
- Feeling drained
- Stuffy nose
- Cold sweats or hot flashes
- Neck soreness, stiffness, or tightness
- Scalp that is tender to the touch
A migraine attack is characterized by four distinct phases: prodrome, aura, headache and postdrome. The entire migraine episode can endure for anywhere between 8 to 72 hours.
A migraine does not always present all four stages, and some experience symptoms from more than one stage concurrently. Only about 30% of migraine sufferers experience the aura stage.
Migraine Treatment in Corcoran, MN: Identifying Your Migraine Triggers
When you are in the market for migraine treatment that works, it is also beneficial to learn what actions you can take to avoid the onset of migraines in the meantime. By working with our migraine treatment chiropractor near Corcoran, MN, you will get to understand the unique characteristics of your migraines and how to treat them. Total Spine migraine treatment doctors in the Corcoran, MN area take an individualized approach to treating every patient.
If you live in constant fear of when the next debilitating migraine will strike, it is important to find a migraine treatment professional near Corcoran, MN as soon as possible. At the same time, you may be able to alleviate the frequency of attacks by figuring out the factors that trigger attacks.
- Bright lights
- Severe temperatures
- Changes in barometric pressure
- For female patients, hormonal changes such as estrogen and progesterone fluctuations that take place during menstrual periods, pregnancy, or menopause
- Loud noises
- Undernourishment or malnourishment
- Certain foods, i.e. salty and processed foods
- Changes in sleep patterns, such as too much sleep or missing sleep
- Use of certain medications, like birth control or nitroglycerin
- Unusual smells
- Alcohol use
Chiropractic Migraine Treatment near Corcoran, MN
Your Corcoran, MN chiropractor has a multitude of treatment modalities at their disposal that may help in addressing the source of your migraines. We will work closely with you to understand your condition and goals so we can provide the Corcoran, MN migraine treatments that are right for you.
Below are some of the chiropractic migraine treatment methods that have been successful for many Corcoran, MN migraine patients.
- Spinal Manipulation - hands-on spinal adjustments. Spinal manipulations can treat migraines by improving blood flow in the nervous system, affecting the way nerves send signals from the body to the brain, and reducing tightness and inflammation. Unlike many other popular migraine treatment options like medications, chiropractic spinal manipulations run little risk of side effects and complications.
- Massage therapy - manual massaging of the muscles. In Corcoran, MN massage therapy for migraine treatment, your massage therapist will focus on releasing trigger points throughout the back, shoulder, neck, and head. Massage therapy helps relax muscles, improve blood flow, and reduce stress. Massage therapy can also help treat migraines by alleviating any compressed nerves causing pain.
- Multidisciplinary approach - intervention through a comprehensive treatment plan. Our Corcoran, MN migraine treatment chiropractors always consider all interconnected factors when treating a patient. When you come to us for migraine treatment, we will put together a plan that works and addresses all aspects of migraines in your life. This could include the use of home exercises, relaxation techniques, stress management, dietary counseling, or lifestyle changes to help treat your migraines in Corcoran, MN.
As with any treatment method or health care solution, there is no one-size-fits-all solution. What was effective for one person may not be effective for you. It is important that you check with a chiropractic doctor or talk to your primary care doctor before trying a new migraine treatment method.
The Corcoran, MN chiropractors of Total Spine Health and Injury Center specialize in offering private, personalized migraine treatment and other chiropractic and massage therapy services. We take care to understand your condition, medical history, and general level of health to figure out what chiropractic care, if any, is right for your migraine treatment needs.
Our Corcoran, MN chiropractors, massage therapists, and customer service team have the skill and experience necessary to offer a full range of spinal health and chiropractic treatment services. In addition to migraine treatment, our team specializes in areas such as:
Get Migraine Treatment near Corcoran, MN Today
When you need effective migraine treatment, chiropractic care can be incredibly helpful. Our Corcoran, MN chiropractic migraine treatment doctors have seen great success in managing the symptoms and preventing the onset of attacks for countless Corcoran, MN patients living with migraines. Our capable team will lead you in finding the best chiropractic treatment plan for your migraine treatment needs.
The chiropractors of Total Spine Health and Injury Center near Corcoran, MN perform safe, effective, tailored migraine treatment using evidence-based interventions. Call us today at (763) 568-7869 or make an appointment now.