Whiplash Treatment in Corcoran, MN
Whiplash Treatment Corcoran, MN. While we do not know the exact count, whiplash injuries affect at least one million people annually in the United States alone. Though many of whiplash injuries can heal with minimal medical care, without prompt, targeted whiplash treatment in the Corcoran, MN area, you may be at risk of developing serious chronic complications or long-term symptoms.
Total Spine Health and Injury Center is a Corcoran, MN area chiropractic office staffed by a whiplash treatment team near Corcoran, MN with the clinical experience and theoretically understanding to offer care that treats your whiplash injury at its source rather than simply masking your symptoms. Do not resign yourself to endless years of pain, disability, and other significant complications by getting Corcoran, MN chiropractic whiplash treatment from our compassionate chiropractic team. Reach us now at (763) 568-7869, contact us online, or book an appointment near Corcoran, MN today.
Who needs whiplash treatment in Corcoran, MN?
You may need Corcoran, MN whiplash treatment if you experienced a whiplash injury and are suffering from symptoms. Whiplash is a term referring to a soft tissue neck injury caused by sudden hyperextension and hyperflexion (back and forth motion, like the motion of a whip) and is also referred to as a neck sprain or strain. Whiplash injuries vary in severity and duration. After a whiplash injury, you may experience as little as soreness for a handful of days or could suffer from chronic pain or serious complications. It is wise to get medical attention after an injury like a whiplash injury to learn if you need Corcoran, MN whiplash treatment.
If you are living with the symptoms of a whiplash injury such as pain and stiffness, seeing a chiropractor can be an excellent treatment decision. Find out whether you require whiplash treatment by familiarizing yourself with the causes and symptoms of whiplash below.
The most common causes of whiplash injuries are:
- Auto accidents. Car accidents and other traffic accidents are the most common cause of whiplash injuries, and whiplash injuries are highly likely in certain types of auto accidents — namely rear-end collisions. 90% of rear-end accident injuries are whiplash and other neck injuries. The majority of whiplash car accidents take place during lower speed crashes under 25 miles per hour, with whiplash injuries resulting from crashes at speeds as low as 5 to 10 miles per hour.
- Contact sports. Whiplash injuries can occur in sports where the body may abruptly stop or start moving by force, including most contact sports (football, soccer, basketball, boxing, wrestling, etc.) and some other sports like diving. Fortunately, while athletes like football players and boxers are at risk of whiplash, these kinds of whiplash injuries are rarely serious or permanent.
- Physical assault. Sadly, some individuals require whiplash treatment in Corcoran, MN due to some type of physical abuse. They may have sustained a whiplash injury in shaking, punching, or pushing in an accident, altercation, or domestic abuse incident. Shaken baby syndrome involves whiplash in infants and can lead to devastating, often fatal conditions such as infantile subdural haematoma. Our Corcoran, MN chiropractors have cared for young children for whom chiropractic care is appropriate.
- Falls. Falling from a higher surface to a lower surface or falling from a ride such as a horse or ATV can also cause whiplash injuries.
This is not an exhaustive list of whiplash causes. If your head and neck were abruptly thrown back and forth, you might have suffered a whiplash injury. Learn more about whiplash symptoms and diagnosing methods to figure out whether whiplash treatment like Corcoran, MN chiropractic care can benefit you.
If you have a whiplash injury, some common symptoms you might experience are:
- Soreness in the neck
- Neck pain that is exacerbated with movement
- Loss of range of motion in the neck
- Soreness or pain in the shoulders, upper back, and arms
- Tingling or numbness
In addition to the common symptoms of whiplash listed above, you may experience nervous system symptoms such as blurred vision, memory and ability to concentrate, or tinnitus. If you experience such symptoms, look to your Corcoran, MN chiropractor or physician for help finding the proper care for your whiplash symptoms.
Some cases of whiplash are manageable and dissipate naturally on their own. These patients should look to home whiplash treatment strategies like applying heat and over-the-counter anti-inflammatory pain relievers. Call (763) 568-7869 to speak to a whiplash treatment chiropractor near Corcoran, MN if your symptoms take a turn for the worse after a period of improvement or persist beyond two weeks after your injury.
However, other cases are more serious. If your symptoms are severe enough that they affect your daily life, you should request whiplash treatment appointment from our chiropractor as soon as possible. It is also important to seek whiplash treatment from a chiropractor or other professional if you are living with long-term whiplash symptoms. Chronic conditions are inordinately common for people with whiplash injuries. According to one peer-reviewed study, 90% of patients still have symptoms one to two years after the date of injury and a jarring 55% reporting symptoms 17 years later. Your ability to move on from this injury and preventing a lifetime of pain and other symptoms is heavily dependent upon getting quick, efficacious whiplash treatment in Corcoran, MN as soon as possible after being injured. Contact the Total Spine Health and Injury Center's Corcoran, MN whiplash treatment providers for skilled attention for your whiplash injury right away.
Corcoran, MN Whiplash Treatment
You need a whiplash treatment plan in Corcoran, MN that is catered to your injury and personal goals. It is important that you find a whiplash treatment doctor in Corcoran, MN whom you trust and who will take the time to develop a personalized treatment plan for you. Total Spine Health and Injury Center near Corcoran, MN provides targeted, evidence-based treatment practices from seasoned treatment providers in our private, modern, and clean officee. Request an appointment for Corcoran, MN whiplash treatment from one of the top area chiropractors now.
Chiropractic care is one of the recommended treatments for whiplash. Other target="_blank" rel="nofollow noreferrer noopener">whiplash treatment suggestions include heat or ice applications, NSAIDS or muscle relaxant drugs, steroids, and exercises or physical therapy. Compared to these other strategies, chiropractic care is distinct in that it treats the underlying cause of the whiplash injury rather than treating or temporarily masking the surface symptoms.
Total Spine Health and Injury Center serves individuals of all ages with a wide variety of needs, goals, and conditions near Corcoran, MN. Our Corcoran, MN team of chiropractors and massage therapists stays ahead on the most contemporary chiropractic practices and refers to extensive education and clinical experience to provide the best possible chiropractic care. In addition to whiplash treatment, we have had success providing the following types of care:
- Family Chiropractic
- Massage Therapy
- Headache Relief
- Auto Accident Chiropractors Near Me
- Chiropractic Adjustment
- Migraine Treatment
- Sciatica Pain Treatment
- Chiropractor Near Me
Chiropractic Care Techniques Used for Whiplash Treatment
- Spinal manipulation - Your Corcoran, MN chiropractor will perform spinal manipulations as a part of your whiplash treatment plan. Using their hands to gently manipulate your joints, your doctor will to encourage healthy blood flow and range of motion and reduce stiffness and pain.
- Soft-tissue manipulation - In addition to spinal manipulations, your Corcoran, MN chiropractor may use their hands and/or instruments to gently manipulate the soft tissues in the affected areas.
- Manual resistance/stretching - Specific stretching exercises can be used to release tightness and soreness in the neck, back, and shoulder joints.
- Trigger point therapy - You have tight points in your spine and other joint referred to as subluxations, and applying pressure on these points can be effective in releasing these tension.
- Interferential electrical stimulation - This chiropractic treatment technique uses a device that sends low-frequency electrical current to the muscles, reducing inflammation associated with whiplash.
- Ultrasound - Your chiropractic whiplash treatment near Corcoran, MN might incorporate the use of ultrasounds, which can reduce muscle spasms, stiffness, and pain by encouraging healthy blood circulation.
- Massage therapy - Therapeutic massage by your chiropractor or our certified massage therapist can loosen tension and provide pain relief.
You need an experienced and knowledgeable chiropractor on your whiplash treatment team near Corcoran, MN. Care for your future self by beginning quality chiropractic whiplash treatment now to address the source of your whiplash injury and avoid a lifetime of pain and other whiplash symptoms. Take the first step toward your recovery today with Total Spine Health and Injury Center near Corcoran, MN. Schedule an appointment online right away.
Chiropractic Whiplash Treatment near Corcoran, MN: Total Spine Health and Injury Center
Receive expert whiplash treatment from leading Corcoran, MN area chiropractors when you have been injured in a car wreck, sports incident, or another type of accident. The doctors and massage therapists at Total Spine Health and Injury Center near Corcoran, MN will be personally invested in your whiplash treatment chiropractic care and will treat the underlying cause of your symptoms. Learn more about our modern, private chiropractic office in Maple Grove and what to expect from your first visit or contact our Corcoran, MN chiropractic office today to start on your path to recovery from your whiplash injury.