Work Injury Treatment in Corcoran, MN
Work injury treatment in Corcoran, MN. Did you suffer an injury at work? Are you suffering from back pain, stiffness, disc injuries, or spinal misalignment? Do you need to recover but are worried about invasive procedures or prescription drugs? Total Spine is here to help.
In addition to the pain and discomfort a work injury comes with, it also limits how you can provide for your Corcoran, MN loved ones. Chiropractic care has been demonstrated to be an effective work injury treatment for workers who are suffering a variety of injuries throughout their musculoskeletal system, not just symptoms affecting the back and neck. At Total Spine Health & Injury Center, we take a holistic view of your health to ensure that you not only return to work, but stay there. For safe and effective work injury treatment in Corcoran, MN, call Total Spine today at (763) 568-7869 or schedule an appointment.
Common Work Injuries That Corcoran, MN Chiropractors Treat
Generally, there are four types of work injuries that chiropractors treat:
- Repetitive motion injuries — These occur from carrying out the same movements for long periods of time, day in and day out. These can include anything from carpal tunnel from using a keyboard all day, axial back pain from being in the same position throughout your work day, or a pinched nerve in your back from lifting or other, heavier work.
- Overexertion — Jobs that are more physically active, like landscaping or agriculture that require lifting, pulling, pushing, and carrying can cause acute injuries. Overexertion injuries are are responsible for the second most missed days from work, and often result in disc injuries and injuries to soft tissue.
- Falling injuries — Falls, slips, and trips are the third leading cause of missing days from work. Injuries can include sprains and strains, fractures, spinal injuries, back pain, and neck pain.
- Falling object injuries — The risk of being hit by a falling object is also higher in professionals like construction. Common injuries include bruises, broken bones, strains, sprains, and traumatic brain injuries.
Experienced chiropractors can treat work injuries not just affecting the back and spine, but soft tissue and brain injuries, and anything else that affects the muscles and nervous system. If a concussion leads you to have chronic headaches, chiropractors can also provide lasting headache relief.
Work injuries we frequently treat in Corcoran, MN include:
- Spinal injuries
- Carpal tunnel
- Disc injuries
- Pinched nerves
- Back pain
- Neck pain
- Whiplash injuries
- Shoulder pain
- Arm and leg pain
- Myofascial trigger points
What Can Chiropractic Care Do For My Work Injuries in Corcoran, MN?
Your work injury treatment from your Corcoran, MN chiropractor will depend on your injury, job, medical history, and the lifestyle you wish to get back to. We'll discuss the events surrounding your injury, or if you have symptoms but are unsure why, work backwards to discover the root cause. After we get to know you, we'll do a physical examination, and conduct what imaging tests or motion study analysis we think we need to. Then, we'll decide on your course of treatment. Chiropractic treatment for workplace injuries usually includes chiropractic adjustments, also known as spinal manipulation, and massage therapy.
Spinal manipulations are done through numerous chiropractic techniques that involve short, quick thrusts to targeted areas. Contrary to general belief, chiropractors rarely "push joints back in place." Work injuries restrict movement of vertebrae and joints, and these thrusts let out tensions interfering with how the body works. Spinal alignments help patients achieve optimal movement health and ensure your body is working harmoniously with itself, and pain is relieved through freeing up your nervous system.
Massage therapy helps by smoothing out soft tissue and facilitating the breakdown of scar tissue covering the the affected muscles. Used to treat injuries for over 5,000 years, massage therapy has been demonstrated to reduce anxiety, increase blood flow, and offer countless other benefits.
At Total Spine, we'll develop a treatment plan based on improving your overall health. We'll also guide you through exercise, nutrition, and lifestyle advice to help your work injury treatment in Corcoran, MN go as smoothly as possible and promote your long-term health.
Corcoran, MN Chiropractic Care: More Than Just Work Injury Treatment
Chiropractors offer a wide range of benefits that are not only effective for work injury treatment, but improve how you feel everyday. With our services in Corcoran, MN, you'll enjoy:
- Feeling better than you did before — In addition to reducing pain, chiropractic care can improve range of motion, improve blood pressure, and give you more energy and even improve brain function.
- Patient education — We'll teach you about injuries and how you can achieve optimal movement health in order to reduce your risk of re-injury and perform at work better than ever. We can help you with tips for lifting and other useful strategies to avoid another work injury in the future. Correct posture is vital for injury prevention.
- Chiropractic for arms, legs, hands, and feet — While most people, possibly rightly so, immediately think of the back and spine when they think of chiropractic care, a professional chiropractor will also know how to treat your arms, legs, hands, and feet. Chiropractors have a thorough grasp of the musculoskeletal system, and the same principles of pain relief and optimal function apply equally to the back and other body parts.
- Chiropractic maintenance — "Maintenance" is also known as "wellness" care. Once you've recovered from your injury, we can continue treatment so that you preserve the benefits attained in your acute case, and helps relieve any stress your line of work may continue to put on your musculoskeletal system. A lot of our Corcoran, MN work injury patients end up coming in for regular visits once they understand what chiropractic can do for their health and wellness.
Is Chiropractic Care a Better Work Injury Treatment Plan Than Other Options?
Based on research from the Journal of Manipulative and Physiological Therapeutics, employees were able to return to work more quickly under chiropractic care than medical or osteopathic treatment. Chiropractic care is also a great option for avoiding the need for surgery and reducing the risk of prescription drug dependency.
Chiropractic isn't the best treatment plan for all injuries. We can't make broken bones suddenly come back together, and you'll need physical therapy to build up the strength of weakened muscles. But for most work injuries and symptoms, chiropractic care is a preferred option because it tackles the underlying issue instead of merely masking symptoms.
Paying For Work Injury Treatment in Corcoran, MN
Pursuant to Minnesota Statute 176.135, employers are legally obligated to provide medical benefits to employees who get hurt at work and chiropractic visits are covered under workers' compensation. They also need to pay for costs related to travel (gas miles, Uber or Lyft, public transportation, etc...), costs of obtaining medical records, and other out-of-pocket expenses.
Generally, workers in Minnesota have wide leeway in choosing which healthcare provider they want to treat them. To learn why you should choose our team for your work injury treatment in Corcoran, MN, check out our 5-Star reviews on Google, our patient testimonials, or read why we think we're among the best chiropractors in Minnesota.
Other services we offer in Corcoran, MN include:
- Herniated Disc Treatment
- Family Chiropractic
- Massage Therapy
- Headache Relief
- Auto Accident Chiropractors Near Me
- Chiropractic Adjustment
- Whiplash Treatment
- Migraine Treatment
Call Total Spine For Your Work Injury Treatment in Corcoran, MN
Our objectives are simple: provide meaningful pain relief, improve your total health, and help our Corcoran, MN friends and family understand the wonderful benefits of chiropractic can have for our health and wellness. Call Total Spine today at (763) 568-7869 or contact us online for your work injury treatment in Corcoran, MN.