Migraine Treatment near Delano, MN
Migraine Treatment near Delano, MN. If you have had the displeasure of experiencing a migraine, you know how dire it is to access effective Delano, MN migraine treatment. Migraines affect millions of people in the United States including Delano, MN every year, many of whom experience a migraine so severe that it disrupts their ability to work and function. If you have migraines in Delano, MN and have not had success with the many solutions you have tried, you are not alone. Getting chiropractic care from a chiropractor in Delano, MN may be the answer.
If you suffer from migraines and need a migraine treatment solution that works, try Total Spine Health and Injury Center in Maple Grove, MN. Our chiropractic team near Delano, MN provides private, personalized care in a clean and modern clinic. Find out how the Total Spine migraine treatment team can help you by contacting us to consult with a specialist or scheduling your first appointment now.
Migraine Treatment Delano, MN: Understanding Migraines
A migraine is a neurological condition that is often characterized by powerful headaches. But a migraine is more than just a bad headache (in fact, some migraines occur without a headache at all) and is accompanied by any number of a variety of other symptoms.
Unfortunately, we still do not know everything there is to know about migraines, which is why there is no one widely accepted, effective migraine treatment recommended by the medical community. We do know, however, that hormones and neurotransmitters play a role in migraines, and the resulting restriction of blood vessels in the brain can contribute to migraine pain.
Finding the right Delano, MN migraine treatment for you could depend upon determining the cause of your migraines and the onset of attacks. When you turn to our Delano, MN chiropractors for migraine treatment, your Delano, MN migraine treatment team will first work to evaluate your unique case, considering the symptoms you experience and the triggers that bring on attacks.
Prevalence of Migraines
Migraines affect one billion people worldwide.
- One out of 5 women and one out of six US citizens have experienced migraines within the last three months.
- Migraines and headaches are the number four reason for seeking emergency medical care.
- Groups most affected by migraines are unemployed adults, low-income households, and adults up to 44 years of age.
- About a third of people who get migraines (31.1%) have three or more migraines per month.
- 53.7% of individuals who get migraines have such severe migraine symptoms that they are confined to bedrest or experience temporary disability.
- In the US, migraines cost $13 billion in lost labor and productivity every year
Migraine Treatment in Delano, MN: Understanding the Symptoms
Your migraine may come with any number of a variety of symptoms associated with the condition. Below we have listed a few common symptoms. If you have been diagnosed with migraines, have genetic family members with migraines, or have had any of the following symptoms, you may benefit from Delano, MN chiropractic migraine treatment.
- Intense throbbing or dull aching pain on one or both sides of your head
- Pain that worsens when you exert yourself
- Nausea or vomiting
- Numbness or tingling
- Blurred vision, tunnel vision, or blind spots
- Slurring speech or difficulty speaking
- Feeling tired and/or confused
- Stuffy nose
- Feeling cold or sweaty
- Stiff or tender neck
- Scalp that is tender to the touch
A migraine attack is broken into four distinct stages: prodrome, aura, headache and postdrome. The entire migraine episode can endure for anywhere between 8 to 72 hours.
A migraine does not always present all distinct stages, and some experience symptoms from more than one stage at the same time. Auras are not incredibly common, affecting around 30% of migraine sufferers.
Migraine Treatment in Delano, MN: What are my Migraine Triggers?
When you realize you need a good migraine treatment plan, it is also beneficial to learn about anything actions you can take to avoid migraine attacks from beginning. Work with our migraine treatment chiropractors near Delano, MN to get a complete picture of your migraines and how to treat them. Total Spine migraine treatment doctors in the Delano, MN area take a personalized approach to caring for each patient.
If you know the excruciating pain and disfunction of migraine attacks, act now and find a migraine treatment professional near Delano, MN as soon as possible. In addition to getting professional care to address the condition, you may be able to reduce the frequency of attacks by identifying triggers that bring on attacks.
- Exposure to bright lights
- Extreme temperatures
- Changes in barometric pressure
- Changes in hormone levels in female patients, like estrogen and progesterone fluctuations that occur during menstrual periods, pregnancy, or menopause
- Loud noises
- Physical exertion
- Undernourishment or malnourishment
- Consumption of some foods, such as salty and processed foods
- Getting too much or too little sleep
- Some medications, like birth control or nitroglycerin
- Strange smells
- Alcohol consumption
Chiropractic Migraine Treatment near Delano, MN
When you trust our Delano, MN chiropractors with your care, we will draw from an arsenal of treatment methods that could help in addressing the source of your migraines. We take the time to understand your condition and goals so we can provide the best possible Delano, MN migraine treatment.
Below are a few of the chiropractic migraine treatment methods that have been effective for many Delano, MN migraine patients.
- Spinal Manipulation - hands-on adjustments to the spine. Spinal manipulations can treat migraines by impacting blood flow throughout the nervous system, aleviating nerve activity, and reducing tightness and inflammation. Unlike other possible migraine treatment options like medications, chiropractic spinal manipulations carry little risk of side effects and complications.
- Massage therapy - manual massaging of the muscles. In Delano, MN massage therapy for migraine treatment, your massage therapist will focus on releasing trigger points found in the back, shoulder, neck, and head. This can relax muscles, improve blood flow, and reduce stress. It also provides relief to compressed nerves that can cause pain and contribute to migraine pain.
- Multidisciplinary approach - intervention through a comprehensive treatment plan. Our Delano, MN migraine treatment chiropractors always consider all interconnected factors in the treatment of every patient. For migraine treatment patients, we will put together a plan that works and addresses all aspects of migraines in your life. We may prescribe home exercises, relaxation techniques, stress management, dietary counseling, or lifestyle changes to help treat your migraines in Delano, MN.
As always, there is no specific solution that works for everyone. What worked well for one person may not be the right choice for you. Be safe and make sure to check with a chiropractor or talk to your primary care doctor before trying a new migraine treatment method.
The Delano, MN chiropractors of Total Spine Health and Injury Center pride themselves on offering private, individualized migraine treatment and other chiropractic and massage therapy services. We take care to understand your condition, medical history, and general level of health to determine how our chiropractors can provide the migraine treatment you need.
Our Delano, MN chiropractors, massage therapists, and customer service team have the skill and experience necessary to offer a full range of spinal health and chiropractic treatment services. In addition to migraine treatment, our team specializes in areas such as:
Get Migraine Treatment near Delano, MN Today
When you need effective migraine treatment, seeing a chiropractor can be an excellent solution. Our Delano, MN chiropractic migraine treatment team has seen great success in alleviating the symptoms and minimizing the onset of episodes for countless Delano, MN patients living with migraines. Our capable team will lead you in finding the best chiropractic care plan for your migraine treatment needs.
The chiropractors of Total Spine Health and Injury Center near Delano, MN offer safe, effective, tailored migraine treatment using evidence-based interventions. Call us today at (763) 568-7869 or make an appointment now.